• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head in March

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - I haven't exchanged in a while and trying to get some idea of what to expect with Hilton Head. We want to travel with family for mid to late March 09 and I'm finding that even with my two bedroom Manor Club nothing is available. This seems strange to me as there are so many Marriotts on HH and I didn't think March would be a big month. Is this a very popular month for some reason? Easter isn't until April.
Thanks for any input.
Sue

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What week are you using to exchange? I see several early March 2 and 3BR weeks with a gold MGV 1BR week. Only one on the beach. The others on not on the Ocean. March is also a popular time for golfers to converge on HHI. I would think you would see something with a Manor Club week.

Last edited:

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Hi - I haven't exchanged in a while and trying to get some idea of what to expect with Hilton Head. We want to travel with family for mid to late March 09 and I'm finding that even with my two bedroom Manor Club nothing is available. This seems strange to me as there are so many Marriotts on HH and I didn't think March would be a big month. Is this a very popular month for some reason? Easter isn't until April.
Thanks for any input.
Sue

Why don't you put in an ongoing request? I would think if you are depositing a fairly good week at Manor Club, your request would be filled, but I wouldn't wait too long.

That's silver season til end of March. I know because I own 2 silver weeks and am going the last week of March. I did have my 2nd week reserved for then also, but cancelled awhile back.

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking for 3rd or 4th week of March. I also have a bonus week I'd like to use but that I can't use til 60 days before in March for Hilton Head and it looks like I shouldn't take that risk. Thanks for the replies.
sue

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the last two week of March are the end of the silver season, they are in high demand among owners of that season for their own use.

We are from western New York and absolutely love Hilton Head in March - even bad temperatures in the 60's are better than anything we see around here. In fact, it has been enough of a scramble getting the last two weeks that I have even backed off a week for our week at Grande Ocean.

If you can handle the first week in April, that will be an easier trade because it is a low desirability week in the gold season as far as owner use goes.

Art