• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Head During Thanksgiving

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just used one of my ACs to request Thanksgiving week at Surf Watch or Barony Beach at HHI or MOW at Myrtle Beach. I just checked my II account and I have a pending confirmation for Surf Watch for that week. I have never been to Hilton Head and I know that time is the off season, however, I wanted to get a sense of what the weather is like during that time of the year there. I know it wont be "beach" weather but I was thinking 50s-low 70s. Is that in the ballbark?

Also, how about activities/special events going on on the island during that week? I picked Surf Watch/Barony because they are both on the beach and both have indoor pools. I figured if I'm lucky to get a nice view for this exchange, I would spend more time meditating on the ocean from the room/balcony. Any reason to pick one of the HHI beach properties over the other?

My kids will be 5 and 3 so figured we would spend a lot of time at the indoor pool but wanted to get an idea of other things at the resort or on the island that would be good family oriented things to do during that time of the year.

As far as MOW, we have been to Myrtle Beach and know there is alot to do there but never been there during that time of year. We have stayed at the Marriott hotel next door to MOW and love that place.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go to weather.com you can get historical records for averages and look for this past November and it will tell you by day the temperature. We've been watching it as we were there early November and it was 64 every day which was cool. For weeks afterwards it was in the 70's.

You won't be able to see the beach from Surf Watch unless you get the one building near the beach; the rest are a walk. HHI is a laid-back place; biking, tennis, golf very relaxing. We never went there when our children were little so I can't help you with ideas; we use it as our R&R place now, once a year.

Surf Watch has a little movie theatre and activities for children as it is family oriented.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marriotts all have great activities for kids. There is also an excellent children's museum on the island. It can be quite warm in November (we were there the week after Thanksgiving one year,) but it can also be cool and rainy. Just depends.

We've taken my now five-year-old in the off-season almost every year she's been born. She always has a great time, even if it's just running around or flying a kite on the beach, or playing board games (you can check out from activities) in the unit. :)

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at MOW this past Thanksgiving and it was in the 70s.. It was warm enough to be in the outdoor pools.. Our daughter had tons of fun with their activities... They had Thanksgiving story and craft times... S'mores by the camp fire etc... They also had turkey pans and some other things out for people who wanted to cook.. I loved the lack of crowds compared to the summer time.