• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacations strikes deal to acquire Diamond Resorts

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am hoping the take the Virginia Beach resorts and move them into the HGVC category with an offer to the existing owners to convert them into HGVC units. Fingers crossed....

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Info DRI members received from HGVC

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I could use some more points, but not bad enough to make a developer purchase. I agree about $1k would be my limit to be able to use a common currency. The benefits would be not having to pay RCI exchange fees and resort fees when trading into HGV properties (outer banks is where that would be most relevant to me). I would also like better access to the Virginia Beach resorts, but I can't imagine summer availability will be that great through an HGVC/HVC bridge.

It will be interesting to see
A. The common currency
B. The buy in price

I’m definitely not interested in more points or deeds. I have all I need.

I might be interested in a buy in to move between HVC and HGVC. DRI had two locations we miss traveling easily too, Sedona AZ and Santa Fe NM. Estes Park was nice but nearly impossible to reserve.

Otherwise most of DRI’s locations are covered by MVC with better resorts in more prime locations.

Keep the buy in less than $1,000 and it will be a consideration. Over $1,000 and it’s doubtful I’ll see the benefit.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could use some more points, but not bad enough to make a developer purchase. I agree about $1k would be my limit to be able to use a common currency. The benefits would be not having to pay RCI exchange fees and resort fees when trading into HGV properties (outer banks is where that would be most relevant to me). I would also like better access to the Virginia Beach resorts, but I can't imagine summer availability will be that great through an HGVC/HVC bridge.

They may do something similar to Wyndham's Club Pass that allows exchange between WorldMark retail owners and Club Wyndham Retail owners. There is a fee for the exchange, I think it's $99.

I am hoping the take the Virginia Beach resorts and move them into the HGVC category with an offer to the existing owners to convert them into HGVC units. Fingers crossed....

There are system and contractual reasons an acquiring company doesn't cherry pick acquired individual resorts into its original brand.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
One event that may be driving HGV to focus on early 2022 for partial integration rollout is that MVC is also targeting their years-in-the-making integration announcement at that time.

There will be a subset of Vistana and MVC owners who may use this as an opportunity to look around at competitors to research the best next step. Similarly, there will be uncertain Diamond and HGV owners MVC will try to attract.

Once they buy, it will be difficult to pursue these customers for several more years so they won't want to miss this window. There is only so much budget and vacation time. Competition is good...we are in both systems. Let the games begin.

Last edited: