• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacations Club Sandestin - Coming in Q4 2022

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
Again I ask -- how did it work back when the Club Intrawest properties could be booked directly by HGVC members (and vice versa) back before Diamond took over? How I believe it worked is just like w/ RCI exchanges -- when HGVC members use their points to book an RCI property, HGV deposits an equivalent amount of inventory to RCI. In the end, it balances out.

Why would that not work with Embarc properties? Behind the scenes, when Embarc owners use their points to book HGVC properties, an equivalent amount of inventory would be made available for HGVC members. It is not just the 6% that is the "wiggle room", it is that plus all of the equivalent inventory from Embarc members using their points to book HGVC properties.

Kurt
Totally makes sense, except for one thing. HGVC will try to find a way to "monetize" this and charge for the right to access Embarc. The one good thing that we have going for us is that Embarc has a strong owner's group that has successfully fought the greed in the past. Hopefully they demand access to HGVC which would mean mutual access to Embarc properties by the current legacy HGVC members. It is the only arrangement that makes sense.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Finally appeared today. No availability as of yet.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
It may be available on Hilton .com. But not in HGVC as of today.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
What I mean is, HGVC (Club) is an external program. HGVC has each individual resort and each resort is part of the club and follow the club rules. Embarc could simply affiliate with HGVC in the way the HGVC affiliate resorts in SW Florida do. That doesn't require a change to anything with Embarc except for members agreeing to participate in HGVC. I suspect HGV doesn't think this will bring in enough volume of inventory to be bothered with and there will be constant complaints of no Embarc inventory.

The problem with rebranding the Embarc resorts to Hilton Grand Vacations is that it causes a lot of confusion with the customer/owner. Unless they have a better long term plan to incorporate some kind of cross booking, it seems sloppy and ill contrived. Even if they incorporate it into HGV Max, it is still sloppy and ill contrived and still causes consumer/owner confusion.

Owner - You mean to say there are some resorts I can't book with club points at 9 months even though it is a Hilton Grand Vacations resort?
Owner Services - That is correct
Owner - Why?
Owner Services - Well that is a big long story about this company called Diamond that we bought that owned Embarc that was actually called Club Intrawest at one time. We gave them the same brand name as your resort, but we aren't going to let you book there.

I totally agree with the confusion and contradiction that is created by the HGVC members not being able to book there. I am a person that likes to understand and remember stuff by having the same rules and the same procedures to do stuff. When it is different I kind of just avoid even dealing with it unless I absolutely have to since it scrabbles my mind and makes me stress out trying to remember the exception to the rule. I don't need to book any of the Embarc Resorts so that is the way I will deal with it.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Finally appeared today. No availability as of yet.
Appeared where? In Max? I don't see it when I look in the HGVC side using the app.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
Must be Max only then. I don’t see it either but see the pictures

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the pictures have been up for a while with coming Q4 message... Similar to the Palm Desert for Q3. They have been on the external HGV page but not in Max or Legacy.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I think the pictures have been up for a while with coming Q4 message... Similar to the Palm Desert for Q3. They have been on the external HGV page but not in Max or Legacy.

This is from the external HGV page, not the member site:
8934C621-2C7F-48BB-B037-F5522A8692C2.jpeg

There are plenty more pics from there.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just posted in FB:
Screenshot_20221124-093938.png

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see the resort in my HGVC app under Florida Gulf.
I just looked and didn't see it under the gulf properties .. But will look again

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just looked and didn't see it under the gulf properties .. But will look again

Its not there now, but was before 1:00. Here’s a pic I took. It was too big to post so I didn’t post it. I made it smaller when so I could post it now.

A1906C53-A8BF-4725-80EB-DF9070B231EF.png

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. I wonder why it would appear then leave unless someone pushed a button that they were not supposed to

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. I wonder why it would appear then leave unless someone pushed a button that they were not supposed to

I couldn’t tell you why. Was surprised when I saw it and even more surprised when it wasn’t there.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you look at the booking eligibility, it shows normal HGVC club booking window rather than the HGV Max one.

Edited to add that the resort page says it's the HGV Max one. IT issues, IMHO. Actually, it doesn't even have a point chart. Not ready for prime time.

Last edited: