• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Aspire Resort Credit for Maintenance Fees

Reaction score
I saw it mentioned on TUG in a bigger thread that over the years the Hilton AMEX Aspire $250 resort credit has worked for paying maintenance fees, usually when the location you’re paying the fees for is listed as a qualifying resort on Hilton’s resort list for the credit. This is my first time doing it for the Elara and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Hilton Aspire resort credit for the Elara’s HOA fees specifically or if anyone has any recent experience, either successful or not, with it? I saw in the bigger thread over the years it seems the coding might have changed somewhat. Thank you!

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
@PizzaIsForKings1 I don't know of Elara eligibility for $250, but its MF qualifies for 14x HH. Usually 14x HH matches $250 credit, but Craigendarroch Lodge is an exception where you get 14x but not the $250 credit.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually 14x HH matches $250 credit...

Actually, from what I've read here, I'm not sure that this is the case in general. I think that most all of these post as Hilton spend, so 14X, but a good number don't trigger the resort credit. W. 57th is another example.

Cheers.

ShawnandCorey

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but we are wondering about Elara Maintenance Fees as well. We bought some resales this year as well as getting the Aspire and Surpass (2 of each). We had been saving our resort credits for the maintenance fees at Elara. On 11/3 we put $250 on each Aspire and $50 on each surpass. On 11/7 we received the $50 credit on the two Surpasses but haven't seen anything on the Aspires yet. It is coded as "HILTON LV52 COND HOA" on our AMEX and has an address in Orlando. We are just wondering if anyone else had received the credit or if it was coded differently last year. Thanks!

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that most people have had their Elara HOA charges trigger the Aspire credit (and it should because it's on the resort list) but mine from the Elara HOA earlier this year didn't trigger it. Charges were coded exactly as you quoted. I did get 14x points though.

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
resort credits are per anniversary year not calendar year

TheDude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara & HGVC The Boulevard
I saw it mentioned on TUG in a bigger thread that over the years the Hilton AMEX Aspire $250 resort credit has worked for paying maintenance fees, usually when the location you’re paying the fees for is listed as a qualifying resort on Hilton’s resort list for the credit. This is my first time doing it for the Elara and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Hilton Aspire resort credit for the Elara’s HOA fees specifically or if anyone has any recent experience, either successful or not, with it? I saw in the bigger thread over the years it seems the coding might have changed somewhat. Thank you!
Paining my Elara MFs this year did NOT trigger the resort credit. I just double checked my AmEx statement.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
resort credits are per anniversary year not calendar year
Not really.

For Hilton Aspire AMEX, the resort credits will be semiannual (Jan 1 - Jun 30 & Jul 1 - Dec 31) as of 1/1/24; they are currently keyed to membership year but will no longer be.

For Hilton Surpass AMEX, the new resort credits will be quarterly.

This is the new enhancement to these benefits discussed at length here:

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not really.

For Hilton Aspire AMEX, the resort credits will be semiannual (Jan 1 - Jun 30 & Jul 1 - Dec 31) as of 1/1/24; they are currently keyed to membership year but will no longer be.

For Hilton Surpass AMEX, the new resort credits will be quarterly.

This is the new enhancement to these benefits discussed at length here:

I was talking about the old credit, not the new one.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I was talking about the old credit, not the new one.
Sorry for my silly post then. I couldn't tell from your brief posting.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paining my Elara MFs this year did NOT trigger the resort credit. I just double checked my AmEx statement.

That makes three data points that Elara HOA charges didn't trigger the Aspire credit. Hope that's not indicative of MF at other resorts in the future, it's important to know what triggers the Aspire credit and what doesn't. Especially now that the annual fee has gone up and the corresponding credit has increased to $400/year.

Not knowing that your MF won't trigger the credit until so close to the end of the year is also a problem, leaves you limited time to sort things out.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
… is “paining” a Freudian slip…?

ShawnandCorey

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try calling AmEx to see if I can get it, but it looks like I may have to wait 12 weeks.