• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV Texas locations

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
All of the former Silverleafs are currently off the list of bookable resorts.

I know I saw someone post something, but can't find it. I also can't find any notice on HICV itself.

Any ideas how bad is bad? I was looking to burn some points that will expire by July. Too many points expiring and too few places to go.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
All of the former Silverleafs are currently off the list of bookable resorts.

I know I saw someone post something, but can't find it. I also can't find any notice on HICV itself.

Any ideas how bad is bad? I was looking to burn some points that will expire by July. Too many points expiring and too few places to go.

I was bookings two spring break units in Texas on Friday and one went through the website with no issue, the second one failed several times so I had to call. The rep told me of restrictions and availability for Texas properties due to the weather issues and he was having issues bookings it too. He told me he had to do a manual booking, and overwrite. I was on hold for 5 minutes and 2nd booking was confirmed. Never received an email but both show under my account.

This also messed up my points. The bookings that I tried to do that failed, took 2020 points out of my account the 3 times I tried, and when he did the manual booking, they used 2021 points. So I am going to wait until Monday to see if the points are back in my account or some sort of shuffle. Never had this happened before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I was bookings two spring break units in Texas on Friday and one went through the website with no issue, the second one failed several times so I had to call. The rep told me of restrictions and availability for Texas properties due to the weather issues and he was having issues bookings it too. He told me he had to do a manual booking, and overwrite. I was on hold for 5 minutes and 2nd booking was confirmed. Never received an email but both show under my account.

This also messed up my points. The bookings that I tried to do that failed, took 2020 points out of my account the 3 times I tried, and when he did the manual booking, they used 2021 points. So I am going to wait until Monday to see if the points are back in my account or some sort of shuffle. Never had this happened before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must have a glitch with the point thing
I booked several weeks and some were pulling from 2020 and some 2021
But it shouldn’t allow 2021 to be used until the maintenance is paid on them

We have had to call a few times and get it corrected

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
They must have a glitch with the point thing
I booked several weeks and some were pulling from 2020 and some 2021
But it shouldn’t allow 2021 to be used until the maintenance is paid on them

We have had to call a few times and get it corrected
if your booking dates into 2021 it will use the 2021 point first even if you haven't paid maintenance yet

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
if your booking dates into 2021 it will use the 2021 point first even if you haven't paid maintenance yet

Thanks for the info

We’ve had that happen as you mentioned in the past but have booked some for this year that pulled from 2022
They have corrected it but we still had to call

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI has the texas HICV resorts available for booking.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI has the texas HICV resorts available for booking.

Likely because the deposits are already in RCI, but HICV has removed them from their booking engine, temporarily at least. Problem is I want a unit that is NOT available via RCI, and I want to use HICV points.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Likely because the deposits are already in RCI, but HICV has removed them from their booking engine, temporarily at least. Problem is I want a unit that is NOT available via RCI, and I want to use HICV points.
I'm just saying that the resorts have got to still be open if they haven't pulled them back from rci. Did you try calling tony_i says he was able to book over the phone even when it wouldn't let him book online.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm just saying that the resorts have got to still be open if they haven't pulled them back from rci. Did you try calling tony_i says he was able to book over the phone even when it wouldn't let him book online.

I'm in the queue, waiting for a rep, as I type.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I was just looking for November and they have a warning up that you have to acknowledge that they have not been renovated. The points where ultra low. Like 50K for a week for a 2BR. Probably not HICV quality, but a great option at discounted points.

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
I was just looking for November and they have a warning up that you have to acknowledge that they have not been renovated. The points where ultra low. Like 50K for a week for a 2BR. Probably not HICV quality, but a great option at discounted points.
The website is giving me some trouble. At what resort? This maybe give us some options.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
The website is giving me some trouble. At what resort? This maybe give us some options.
There are two about 2 hours East of Dallas. One is Holiday Hills. I can't remember the other.