• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV - South Beach purchase question

JustAddVodka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was originally a Ron John owner, 2 bedroom lock off 1-52 float and when HICV bought, I missed the cheap buy into the club email and had to buy a property at an owners update. They did give me 180,000 points for my lock-off, and then sold me a 49K (crappy contract at Orange Lake with high MF!)

I'm thinking of doing a give back to get out of the Orange Lake contract. I'm paying as much in MF on that 49K points as on the 180K contract.

My questions for those who are more familiar with their system are:

If I give back the Orange Lake will I maintain my membership for the Cape Canaveral contract? now that it's in, is it in for good? Or does it revert back to the original contract and I just have a floating week at that property?

If I give back the orange lake and buy a 3 bedroom at South Beach, which will bring me over 300K points, will I be upgraded to Platinum or whatever the next level is.

And at that level how many days out can you book Signature?

It's a lot, I know, sorry.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It is almost impossible to find a 3BR platinum week on the resale market at South Beach these days. If you do expect to pay $8,000-$12,000. No, resale would not change your level at all or give you platinum status.

At this time they aren't selling deeded weeks retail just trust points. If you told them that the only thing you would buy would be a 3 BR platinum week at South Beach and to contact you when they had one; they might actually try to find you one but expect to pay around $80,000+. If that happens you would become platinum and your level would increase. At 300,000-500,000 with another purchase you would be preferred platinum.

I think if you don't own signature points you can't book signature until 60 days. If you were preferred the window goes up to 90 days.
I think your unit would remain converted even if you gave the fully paid contract back with horizons but you would want to check with HICV about that and ideally have your deed back paperwork state that.