• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV Orange Lake property - I survived without buying

JMankow51

Reaction score
First post for me, but after 4.5 hours of torture, I can say I survived a presentation without buying. The salesman was a nice guy, but when I mentioned resale market things took an ugly turn. He got very defensive and argumentative.. at that point he just started talking mainly to my wife, trying to get at her heartstrings and try to appeal to her womanly senses... I am glad I have a strong wife who knows how to play those games... It was so bad at the end, they were trying everything to get us to just buy something. Even down to just spending the $200 that they were suppose to give us back for attending... Well the Joke is on them, I walked out with my $200, we stayed on the property for free. And got a first hand view on how Lackluster the staff is at this property. Buildings and the areas are spotless, but don't ask any staff for any assistance. They act if it is a bother and most of the time point you to go talk to someone else.

After visiting, I will be looking to buy, but definitely resale from someone who doesn't want it anymore. Glad I had found this site and did my research before going... Saved me probably $44000 to buy into their points program.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I know nothing about these timeshares, but seeing Holiday Inn and Resort together always makes me chuckle for some reason.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason it is called Holiday Inn is because the resort was established by the founder of Holiday Inn. The name makes as much sense as others like Blue Green or WestGate. I guess it makes as much sense as naming a resort after 2 Mormon brothers- Marriott.

If you think Holiday Inn is just a low level hotel chain, then maybe you ought to go to Orange Lake and then make an assessment. What makes me chuckle about some of the resorts is the amount of money they get people to pay for them 80 or 90 thousand dollars or more for a WEEK-even if that week is annual for your lifetime. Just put that money in an investment and you can still stay anywhere in the world you want for one week a year.

As for avoiding the timeshare salesmen, I have found those at Orange Lake are probably the easiest to deal with and I’ve probably attended 10 different companies presentation. I mean its not like some of the Mexican TS who take you on a tour and if you don’t decide to purchase leave you out in the middle of no where. When i go to a TS presentation, I give them the time prescribed and then just say let’s go to gifting and leave. If you keep engaging the sales people, they will keep engaging you. One thing I will say about Orange Lake, they dress better than every other organization I have seen. This is not accidental-it is prescribed even in very hot weather. I can’t say the same about other TS companies.

I would not swear to this but I think Orange Lake has ROFR. So be careful if you think you will get the same benefits on resale.

Last edited:

wrobinson

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villas Del Palmar
First post for me, but after 4.5 hours of torture, I can say I survived a presentation without buying. The salesman was a nice guy, but when I mentioned resale market things took an ugly turn. He got very defensive and argumentative.. at that point he just started talking mainly to my wife, trying to get at her heartstrings and try to appeal to her womanly senses... I am glad I have a strong wife who knows how to play those games... It was so bad at the end, they were trying everything to get us to just buy something. Even down to just spending the $200 that they were suppose to give us back for attending... Well the Joke is on them, I walked out with my $200, we stayed on the property for free. And got a first hand view on how Lackluster the staff is at this property. Buildings and the areas are spotless, but don't ask any staff for any assistance. They act if it is a bother and most of the time point you to go talk to someone else.

After visiting, I will be looking to buy, but definitely resale from someone who doesn't want it anymore. Glad I had found this site and did my research before going... Saved me probably $44000 to buy into their points program.

wrobinson

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villas Del Palmar
REPLY FROM FORMER HOLIDAY INN CLUB VACATIONS SALES REP.

Good move.

As a 15 year veteran in timeshare sales and marketing, that is the easiest way out. NEVER buy on a presentation when you can goon the resale market.

Go to sell my timeshare now

I am writing a "tell all" book about the whole timeshare industry to educate current and future timeshare owners. I can show how most anyone can get rid of their timeshare by the end of the day. The book is not a revenge for what timeshare resorts have been doing to people, but rather to prepare potential buyers for a presentation,and how to save the most money.

Don't buy anything until you read this book. My email is wcrobinson1973@gmail.com

Last edited:

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about these timeshares, but seeing Holiday Inn and Resort together always makes me chuckle for some reason.

Having been to Holiday Inn Orange Lake and many Marriott and HGVC, and finding it to be AT LEAST comparable to them, what makes me chuckle is why anyone would pay 100K for a Marriott or HGVC.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Having been to Holiday Inn Orange Lake and many Marriott and HGVC, and finding it to be AT LEAST comparable to them, what makes me chuckle is why anyone would pay 100K for a Marriott or HGVC.
Sorry my comment sent you sideways. I admit I have no experience with Holiday Inn Club Vacations or Orange Lake. I only know of the motel chain, which was the point of my comment. I paid about $2,500 for my week, which is a lot more than you can get it for now.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We own a week at Orange Lake, we belong to Holiday Inn Club also.
We usually put our points in IHG to stay at hotels on the way to our timeshares.
In 2015 we stayed 6 nights at the Crowne Plaza in Rome Italy, then went to our timesharein Ireland.we went on a river cruise from Paris to Normandy in October and stayed before and after at Holiday Inn Express right at the CDG airport. Was so convenient and we took the train into Paris on our last day there.
We are also staying in Savanna, GA on our way to and from Myrtle Beach soon.
We live in central Florida so we use Orange Lake for day outings to play golf or go to
River Island.
We have stayed in OL and Cape Canaveral, Myrtle Beach and maybe will stay in Scottsdale, Arizona HIVC for a few days next year when we visit Sedona.
Holiday Inns are not just motels.
We find them superior to other hotel chains.
Silentg

kirby3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a week at Orange Lake, we belong to Holiday Inn Club also.
We usually put our points in IHG to stay at hotels on the way to our timeshares.
In 2015 we stayed 6 nights at the Crowne Plaza in Rome Italy, then went to our timesharein Ireland.we went on a river cruise from Paris to Normandy in October and stayed before and after at Holiday Inn Express right at the CDG airport. Was so convenient and we took the train into Paris on our last day there.
We are also staying in Savanna, GA on our way to and from Myrtle Beach soon.
We live in central Florida so we use Orange Lake for day outings to play golf or go to
River Island.
We have stayed in OL and Cape Canaveral, Myrtle Beach and maybe will stay in Scottsdale, Arizona HIVC for a few days next year when we visit Sedona.
Holiday Inns are not just motels.
We find them superior to other hotel chains.
Silentg

Sounds wonderful. So you own a fixed week at OL and Points?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We just converted from Silverleaf fixed weeks to HICV Points. From the the description, it sound likes the points program.