• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV mothership owner update

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We just got back from a family get-together at Orange Lake CC. For a lark, we attended the the owner update meeting.

It was interesting. They have taken a page from the Timeshare exit industry. After the initial chit-chat, he was wonder why we had not converted our Hill County week to "the Trust". I replied: "Probably because the sales people wanted to leave openings for future sales transactions?". He was nonplussed. He then pushed that our estate had a PROBLEM: We couldn't divide our timeshare between our three children (OH NO !!!!).

I said that our kids had no interest in our timeshares. He then came back and said, well then the timeshare would hold probate hostage for two years!!! (Didn't explain how converting that week would change that fact).

I told him that we had designed our estate that probate would be a Viking Ship which contained only the timeshare, he got flustered and asked, "Did you just com here to argue?". I responded: "I just came for all the perks your sales department promised."

At that, the owner update meeting was over. ~60 minutes + $90 and discounted fees for on site attractions.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I don’t go to Presentations, owner’s updates anymore.
Just came back from a nice vacation in Lehigh Acres, they have a sales guy who walks around the pool a few times a week. We chatted about timeshares but no pressure to buy or look.
Going next to HICV at Cape Canaveral, not planning a owner update, then visiting my sister at Orange Lake, will try to keep her from buying from them. I have been pushing resale idea on her, but somehow she always goes for most expensive options.We are owners at Orange Lake.
Silentg

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently, you went to an owner update to get the perks associated with the meeting. I have also gone to these but found the perks next to useless because they are primarily discounts instead of in-kind tickets. The monetary credit is only valuable if you run up a bill at the resort. Years ago, you used to get the tickets themselves rather than a discount which i found more valuable.

As to his probate argument, I would simply say that there are many ways to avoid the estate being held hostage.