• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV and S F X

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Can I book a week with HICV using points then deposit that with SFX?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I have done that - made the reservation and then gave it to SFX.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have done that - made the reservation and then gave it to SFX.
How did it work out? Did you later add a guest certificate?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Can I book a week with HICV using points then deposit that with SFX?
Have you ever used SFX? Where are you looking to exchange to?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you ever used SFX? Where are you looking to exchange to?
No. Not yet. Looking to exchange into Hawaii in 2021 or 2022.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
I am in the process of doing this now. Booked a max time offer for west village and depositing it into SFX in hopes to trade into a Vidanta Mexico resort. The resort fee for Vidanta through SFX is supposed to be much lower then the one through RCI. I’ll let you know how it works out.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am in the process of doing this now. Booked a max time offer for west village and depositing it into SFX in hopes to trade into a Vidanta Mexico resort. The resort fee for Vidanta through SFX is supposed to be much lower then the one through RCI. I’ll let you know how it works out.
Well that was an epic failure. Turned out HICV will not let you deposit a max time reservation to an external exchange system. I thought I had gamed the system! Looks like I will have to just find a good value shoulder season week to reserve and deposit.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Well that was an epic failure. Turned out HICV will not let you deposit a max time reservation to an external exchange system. I thought I had gamed the system! Looks like I will have to just find a good value shoulder season week to reserve and deposit.
Do they even allow that? i would be surprised.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do they even allow that? i would be surprised.
The lady I spoke with at Orange Lake said I can make a regular reservation with my points and then deposit that reservation into SFX. Just not the max time reservation. Although you can send a guest to a max time reservation, so I don't really see why we can't deposit that same reservation with an exchange company.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
The lady I spoke with at Orange Lake said I can make a regular reservation with my points and then deposit that reservation into SFX. Just not the max time reservation. Although you can send a guest to a max time reservation, so I don't really see why we can't deposit that same reservation with an exchange company.

My guess would be that people would be grabbing these and doing just that
Therefore other owners wouldn’t be able to use this perk for themselves

And I think HICV would rather have you at their own resort to either spend $$ , buy more TS, or just to have a busy resort which I assume helps sell others TS

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
let us know if it works, i would be interested.