• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hi, An Update to All My Friends

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So nice to read your update Panina! It sounds like you have really accomplished so much in so little time and your news shows how full circle you have come in this life change. Its a relief I'm sure to be where you are now but with alot of diligence, good planning and knowing the direction you wanted to take has really helped. Next, step , your step daughter. Is it possible for her to come for an extended visit to share your new home and life? Dating...take it slow. As the saying goes, life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.Like Geekette stated so eloquently, you made the change happen . Many are too fearful of change and settle . Life is too short so like you've done, continue to embrace and enjoy your new home, neighborhood, friends, etc etc... thanks for the news. Although I don't know you, I looked for your posts!! :)

geekette

Reaction score
Thank you, you touched my heart. You are a true friend. None of this was easy, even sharing here on TUG but I did it to show others there is a way out if you truly want it. ♥
Tug is a safe place full of supportive people. Lots of deeply personal things are discussed here and usually delicate matters are handled with sensitivity. I find it therapeutic, as different views that I might not share can still help shape my perspective. We are all so different, but, for decades now, peaceful discourse on matters serious and silly. My list of things I learned on Tug that have nothing to do with timeshares is Huge. Most of my 'friends on the internet' are here.

Sometimes it takes an objective outsider to point out the obvious. Like I just did. You changed it all up to stop sadness and set yourself up for happiness. You were mighty efficient in it as well!

We don't know who is lurking here in same situation, have thought to themselves, "I'm stuck", "there's nothing I can do", etc. By posting your journey, you may have helped others and will never know it. Someone out there might be thinking, well, she did that, maybe I could, too...

There is nothing wrong with seeking happiness. I wish everyone would.

geekette

Reaction score
I'm so glad you turned up! I've been thinking of you. My divorce was final in September. The holidays were not fun, but honestly not as bad as they could have been. My 29th wedding anniversary would have been Sunday. That was also not the most fun day I've ever had, but I filled it with work and keeping busy. Anyhow, finding joy in lots of unexpected places.

I applaud you for dating. I'm still in the "boys are pigs" stage, and I will likely be there sometime. :) Let's face it...if he doesn't work at Target or teach school, I won't have time to meet him anyhow! As dear George says, there are worse things than living alone, and I'm choosing to find the things that are good about it.

Glad that you kept some of your timeshares. I got all 4 of ours. I enjoy using them, and they MAKE me go on vacation. I'm working a lot to make ends meet, so those little breaks are even more valuable now.

Keep choosing joy and peace! Thanks again for letting us know how you are!
Oh my, I'm so sorry, what a rough stretch for you. Things do get easier with passage of time. I was married nearly 20 years and it does take some getting used to.

Keep on finding joy. Alone doesn't automatically mean lonely. I get too many calls assuming that I am lonely but I'm not - I like my own company.

I'm not sure I'm in the 'men are pigs' arena, more like "I don't need entanglements" mindset.

Just keep on living your life your way and enjoying making decisions that benefit You and only You. I found it great fun to create my "Earth Room", walls are different colors and the changing light through the skylights makes it very interesting. It wasn't really planned, except I wanted to paint, and for some reason, I wanted bright yellow. That's odd for me, especially because there is a pale yellow room here that is kinda ick.

My husband would have hated that. He would never have gone along with "I'll just check Lowe's paint clearance and select Something I think I like ..." That doesn't make him a bad guy, probably a normal person where I'm a bit whacky. I let out my full whacky when I divorced, craved Change. Moved every piece of furniture, sometimes repeatedly, so it became My House and no longer resembled where we lived together.

Sometimes, it's the simple things within our control that we can tweak to feel a bit more like ourselves vs whatever compromises we made that didn't really feel like compromises.

My best to you. I'm glad you will still be on "the forced vacation" plan!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I'm so glad you turned up! I've been thinking of you. My divorce was final in September. The holidays were not fun, but honestly not as bad as they could have been. My 29th wedding anniversary would have been Sunday. That was also not the most fun day I've ever had, but I filled it with work and keeping busy. Anyhow, finding joy in lots of unexpected places.

I applaud you for dating. I'm still in the "boys are pigs" stage, and I will likely be there sometime. :) Let's face it...if he doesn't work at Target or teach school, I won't have time to meet him anyhow! As dear George says, there are worse things than living alone, and I'm choosing to find the things that are good about it.

Glad that you kept some of your timeshares. I got all 4 of ours. I enjoy using them, and they MAKE me go on vacation. I'm working a lot to make ends meet, so those little breaks are even more valuable now.

Keep choosing joy and peace! Thanks again for letting us know how you are!
Everyones needs and timeline is different as we move on to better things. The holidays were indeed different and lonely. First time I spent them on my own. You made me chuckle “ “boys are pig” Stage”. There are many like that but there are good ones out there, well at least a few.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So nice to read your update Panina! It sounds like you have really accomplished so much in so little time and your news shows how full circle you have come in this life change. Its a relief I'm sure to be where you are now but with alot of diligence, good planning and knowing the direction you wanted to take has really helped. Next, step , your step daughter. Is it possible for her to come for an extended visit to share your new home and life? Dating...take it slow. As the saying goes, life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.Like Geekette stated so eloquently, you made the change happen . Many are too fearful of change and settle . Life is too short so like you've done, continue to embrace and enjoy your new home, neighborhood, friends, etc etc... thanks for the news. Although I don't know you, I looked for your posts!! :)
My daughter is afraid to travel on her own to come here. With her dad she would come but she wants him to stay in my house, yes to her, no to him. I love her with all my heart but I just can have him in my home. She is afraid if he is in a hotel, he will not be careful with the virus, not that he is at all. I actually stopped the dating apps when I met the person I am currently getting to know unexpected. It will be slow as he lives in another state and won’t be back for awhile, actually moving here in the spring. I met him on his last visit here. Anyway I am a big girl and have my eyes open but will have my heart open too.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
With her dad she would come but she wants him to stay in my house, yes to her, no to him.

I was married twice, once for 10 years and once for 20. Although I get along fabulously with both ex-wives I'm afraid that if I let one of them stay with me it could (would) ruin our current relationship. I'm 100% in "don't rock the boat mode"...

George

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. It really looks like you have everything in order. Sounds like you are having fun.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'll share my 'dating-too-soon' story:
A classic blunder by dating before the ink was dry on the divorce decree.
I said, "I wish my ex would disappear from the Earth, never to be seen again."
My date's reply: "Oh, no! You can't mean that. I just found out my ex has cancer."
... Me, thinking internally: "This isn't going well." -- That was 22 years ago.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Panina somewhere down the road I would love to read your dating mismatch stories!
I can write a book, just these past 3 months. Now add in when I dated after my husband passed and I can have volumes, lol. Stories just can’t be made up, unbelievable.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So most of my furniture arrived today. Just waiting for my chair that turns into a bed. My bedroom is handmade from the Amish. It looks so much better then the pictures. The quality is the best I ever saw. The couch bed is from Crate and Barrel. Now need to decorated. I ordered some of my photos on canvas to use to decorate.
F84A6F77-523E-4562-A465-3FB15207D014.jpeg
258CA048-7C63-43FC-B2F7-873501BAEF50.jpeg
6F008713-1512-47C9-AD96-3A3C312C2BCD.jpeg
0160ECE4-0B1C-465B-A74F-8ED185728883.jpeg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks liked everything is following in place with your bedroom furniture

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I love your furniture pics and everthing looks great... so happy that finally your furniture arrived....

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally found some of pieces I needed for my great room to make it comfy. Here are the few pieces that I added. I am now waiting for a new tv stand, on back order and then my great room is the way I want.

I also finished my guest room/den. Tremendous difference. My daughter is visiting now so the room is "occupied". Will take photos once she leaves.
044E2115-3053-4440-AA88-9AE4BC37C7DA.jpeg
DB6FA6C4-BB06-41E0-8802-73AB6B239669.jpeg

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally found some of pieces I needed for my great room to make it comfy. Here are the few pieces that I added. I am now waiting for a new tv stand, on back order and then my great room is the way I want.

I also finished my guest room/den. Tremendous difference. My daughter is visiting now so the room is "occupied". Will take photos once she leaves.View attachment 38060View attachment 38061
Looks like a comfy place to nap during the day. :)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Looks nice. How are things with you now?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Looks like a nice place to live, and a great place to come for a visit. I'll start packing. :D

Dave

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice Update, Thank you. I was also thinking of you recently. Glad your daughter was able to visit with you.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks nice. How are things with you now?
_
Recently I had wondered about you.
Glad you checked in with us.
Happy to hear your daughter was able to make it there to visit.
Nice Update, Thank you. I was also thinking of you recently. Glad your daughter was able to visit with you.

I am extremely blessed and thankful. Life has been good to me. Leaving to start over was so right for me. I haven't seen my step daughter in person since I left last year, only on Facetime. I missed her so much. She just left this morning and was here for 10 days. Another 2 trips are already planned with her. Her dad continues to be difficult about her but from afar it doesn't faze me. Seeing her just solidified why I was brought into her fathers life, for her.

I love living in Florida and have made a good social network. I am also dating a very nice man the last 3 1/2 months who treats me right.

I will now be back on Tug more often as I am ready. There was so much to navigate and work through which I have. I am whole again and happy.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
@Panina beautiful furniture. You have great style!