• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hi, An Update to All My Friends

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi everyone,

Being I have been asked by others I guess it is time for an update. I was waiting for my furniture to be delivered prior to an update but it has been delayed.

I have adjusted well to my new home and surroundings. I am here 3 months now. I love my home and neighborhood. No doubts, this is where I belong. I wake up each day peaceful and happy and that is a blessing.

Those of you that followed know that I lost 52 pounds the last year prior to moving here. I have maintained it. I kept saying I would try for 10-15 more but procrastinated but just started today. I am also working with exercises to firm up. This will be harder then losing the weight.

I have beautiful trails in the neighborhood and many days I spend hours outside. It is soothing and beautiful.

I started dating, yes safely. I spend time talking first, then video and then outdoor activities. I still don’t feel safe going to a restaurant.

The dating scene has been.....well let me say you can’t make this stuff up. From the guy who told me his picture is from last month who was at least 100lbs more, to the guy who was homeless and a drug addict until just two years ago, to the guy who has stage 4 cancer, to the one who fell in love in just 3 weeks and just was too overbearing are just to name a few. Most men 50 or younger or over 70 are the ones who pursue me. My age range not as many but they do.

I have been told it is hard to meet men but I found that not true, very easy, more true it is hard to meet quality men.

Anyway, I take it all in stride and I decided to give it a rest and turned off all my apps and then someone interesting comes from out of nowhere. Time will tell but this is the first one that I really like.

I have made new friends and reconnected with old one. I can just imagine how great my life will be once Covid is behind us and I have the freedom to do so many other things.

My timeshares that I got in the split, I was considering selling the one in hgvc Anderson that is 8400 points. I keep going back and forth and still not sure.

I am sorry I have not been posting as much as I did before but honestly the back and forth of some, and you guys know on what topic and who, just kept me away. I just didn’t want to deal with negativity when I am pursing a positive happy life.

Overall I am surprise how well I have adjusted. I guess the relief was so huge it was a positive force in moving forward.

Just comes to show it is never too late to make yourself happy.

I am back!

9AFFA728-C11B-40A2-9AFF-D588093561AC.jpeg

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you check-in and gives us an update.

Glad to see you are well and all settled. Dating scene sounds - let's say, "interesting". Good you are taking it in stride and have found someone you like. Good luck, take it easy, take your time and enjoy.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I have gained almost 10 pounds since March :(

I come on TUG often but I honestly I am always rushing, barely remember or can keep up with people/names, their stories, etc. There are a few that stand out - and yes, you are one of them :D

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Thanks for the update and glad to hear things are going well for you!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for the update. Glad it's working out like you hoped. Goes to show how making the right decision can make your life feel better. Good for you.

Keep up the good work!

Dave

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
What a great update. I'm happy that things went in a good direction for you!

And I agree about the negativity. No one needs anyone else's negativity in their life. Who has time for that?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome report on all that is going on......glad you have found a place for yourself and are settling in to a new "you"!!!!

geekette

Reaction score
What a great update!!

I'm so glad you found Home!

Great job on weight loss and finding your exercise groove there.

I have to agree that finding men is easy. It's the quality part that's tougher. I'm sure it's same issue for men seeking women, women seeking women, men seeking men....

I'm happily seeking no one.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Glad that you chimed back in; you’re posts are endearing and informative.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
So happy for you!!! You’ve been on my mind, wondering how things were going. Sending you best wishes on your continued Florida adventures!

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Glad you have good things to report. Keep it that way and enjoy!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Glad to hear you are doing well. I enjoy your posts.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
So happy to see your post and so very glad to see you are doing well in your new home and dang I can not believe you have been there 3 months, time seems like its flying

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad to hear you are doing well. I enjoy your posts.
Thank you for reaching out to me. We need to get together as soon as we get our vaccines.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So happy to see your post and so very glad to see you are doing well in your new home and dang I can not believe you have been there 3 months, time seems like its flying
It seems like a lifetime, all the craziness is behind me. I truly believe life takes you where you need to go and while sometimes it is heartbreaking when you look back it was the best thing that ever happened.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Living solo is not all that bad. There is a lot to be said for freedom. Having lunch or dinner (in normal times) with friends and keeping in (let's say weekly) touch with my kids and two ex-wives is more than enough for me...

George

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score

geekette

Reaction score
It seems like a lifetime, all the craziness is behind me. I truly believe life takes you where you need to go and while sometimes it is heartbreaking when you look back it was the best thing that ever happened.
Life didn't take you there, YOU took action to take your life there. Life may have presented facts and opportunities, but you could have ignored them and stayed the course. Lots of people do that, since Change is apparently very difficult for a lot of people. I met too many people at jobs with terrible companies and they were too scared to leave, didn't want to trust that things Could Be Better and instead settled for crappy but predictable. I've met people that stayed in bad marriages due to fear of being alone. It takes a toll on them, you can see it. Hanging on to something that no longer works is not a recipe for happiness. I am one that views Happiness as the reason for being.

Please give yourself credit. None of this would have happened for you without diligent effort on your part to improve your life. You did not float along on a current, you got off the wave and found another.

I am glad it seems like a long time ago. That means that you're doing this right, your new start.

I'm so happy for you. It seems like you put it all together really quickly, but I know it was hard work. There is darned little in life worth having that isn't Hard at some points.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Life didn't take you there, YOU took action to take your life there. Life may have presented facts and opportunities, but you could have ignored them and stayed the course. Lots of people do that, since Change is apparently very difficult for a lot of people. I met too many people at jobs with terrible companies and they were too scared to leave, didn't want to trust that things Could Be Better and instead settled for crappy but predictable. I've met people that stayed in bad marriages due to fear of being alone. It takes a toll on them, you can see it. Hanging on to something that no longer works is not a recipe for happiness. I am one that views Happiness as the reason for being.

Please give yourself credit. None of this would have happened for you without diligent effort on your part to improve your life. You did not float along on a current, you got off the wave and found another.

I am glad it seems like a long time ago. That means that you're doing this right, your new start.

I'm so happy for you. It seems like you put it all together really quickly, but I know it was hard work. There is darned little in life worth having that isn't Hard at some points.
Thank you, you touched my heart. You are a true friend. None of this was easy, even sharing here on TUG but I did it to show others there is a way out if you truly want it. ♥️

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I'm so glad you turned up! I've been thinking of you. My divorce was final in September. The holidays were not fun, but honestly not as bad as they could have been. My 29th wedding anniversary would have been Sunday. That was also not the most fun day I've ever had, but I filled it with work and keeping busy. Anyhow, finding joy in lots of unexpected places.

I applaud you for dating. I'm still in the "boys are pigs" stage, and I will likely be there sometime. :) Let's face it...if he doesn't work at Target or teach school, I won't have time to meet him anyhow! As dear George says, there are worse things than living alone, and I'm choosing to find the things that are good about it.

Glad that you kept some of your timeshares. I got all 4 of ours. I enjoy using them, and they MAKE me go on vacation. I'm working a lot to make ends meet, so those little breaks are even more valuable now.

Keep choosing joy and peace! Thanks again for letting us know how you are!