• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV Parking costs

dmiller1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at the HHV in September/October and I have read that parking is expensive but I haven't seen exactly how expensive it would be to park a rental car for two weeks. Maybe we don't even need a rental car for two weeks. Maybe we could just rent a car for a few days or one week. What would be the best way to get from the airport to the resort if we decide not to rent a car? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

lakers

Reaction score
Parking is expensive at HHV. There is a valet service (billed to the room) or a self parking service. We prefer the valet service, but those tips do add up quickly!

I would recommend having a car for at least part of the trip. For one thing, the shops and restaurants are very expensive at HHV -- it could easily cover a day's rental just in the savings by going off-property to get supplies instead of using the ABC stores within walking distance.

lakers

Reaction score
One more item, a little off topic. We found out about the Entertainment Book through TUG and it has been more than worth the price for coupons for this trip! Because it is late in the year I think the price is down to $12. We have already used discounts for a luau and for a shirt at Hilo Hatties and will probably hit both the water park and the sea lion show this week.

dmiller1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your tips. I'll order the Entertainment Book right away. If you think of anything else, please let me know. I certainly appreciate your tips.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
dmiller1 said:
We will be at the HHV in September/October and I have read that parking is expensive but I haven't seen exactly how expensive it would be to park a rental car for two weeks. Maybe we don't even need a rental car for two weeks. Maybe we could just rent a car for a few days or one week. What would be the best way to get from the airport to the resort if we decide not to rent a car? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We always rent when we stay at HHV. Everything is expensive at HHV especially dining. We normally eat offsite. I don't know the answer to your question about the best way but here are some options and prices quoted at the hilton.com website - http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/maps_directions.jhtml?ctyhocn=HNLHWGV