• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV Lagoon Tower reservation cancellation (and any Hawaiians out there?)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My July 4th 2BR Oceanfront home week reservation at the Lagoon Tower is coming up and at this point it looks more or less certain that I won't be allowed to go (not that I am in any way complaining). As I've looked through HGVC's COVID-19 info I've found, "If you do have to cancel or reschedule your travel plans, we are waiving Club cancellation penalties for reservations to any HGV property for check-in dates before June 15, 2020"...which doesn't matter since it is my understanding that there is no fee to cancel a home week reservation.

And, "COVID-19 CLUB UPDATE: Book a new 2020 and 2021 Club reservation online by 5/31/20 and pay no reservation fee (Club booking windows still apply)" which doesn't matter since I'm looking to book HHV in June or July of 2021.

And lastly, that I will have to pay a fee to save the 2020 points used for my week home reservation even though the state of Hawaii won't let me enter for a 7 night stay. Am I missing something? TIA

PS...if there is a Hawaiian around who could use the week (or some part of it) let me know and we can coordinate when I cancel.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
My July 4th 2BR Oceanfront home week reservation at the Lagoon Tower is coming up and at this point it looks more or less certain that I won't be allowed to go (not that I am in any way complaining). As I've looked through HGVC's COVID-19 info I've found, "If you do have to cancel or reschedule your travel plans, we are waiving Club cancellation penalties for reservations to any HGV property for check-in dates before June 15, 2020"...which doesn't matter since it is my understanding that there is no fee to cancel a home week reservation.

And, "COVID-19 CLUB UPDATE: Book a new 2020 and 2021 Club reservation online by 5/31/20 and pay no reservation fee (Club booking windows still apply)" which doesn't matter since I'm looking to book HHV in June or July of 2021.

And lastly, that I will have to pay a fee to save the 2020 points used for my week home reservation even though the state of Hawaii won't let me enter for a 7 night stay. Am I missing something? TIA

PS...if there is a Hawaiian around who could use the week (or some part of it) let me know and we can coordinate when I cancel.

We had a week in a Lagoon Tower Ocean Front February on the 19th floor that is a great Condo with great Ocean Views. If sail boats are going out from the Yatch Clubs you see all of them going out, while they are out and coming back. You can see all of the barges coming in with food into Honolulu Harbor. If Hawaii opens up for tourists by July and they have fireworks you can look down on the exact spot where they launch the fireworks on Fridays.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Just be sure to cancel MT 30 days out, unless you bought point protection.

But you may want to hold off on saving those points as "they" are still thinking
about whether to extend the life of this year's points in light of diminished use,
and you can't be use saved points for a HW booking (only points for that year).

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Just be sure to cancel MT 30 days out, unless you bought point protection.

But you may want to hold off on saving those points as "they" are still thinking
about whether to extend the life of this year's points in light of diminished use,
and you can't be use saved points for a HW booking (only points for that year).

Can’t you just move the reservation out past 30 days and cancel? Or did they suspend that during the pandemic.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
about whether to extend the life of this year's points in light of diminished use,and you can't be use saved points for a HW booking (only points for that year
I know we are in uncharted territory here...but are you thinking that if HGVC decides to allow 2020 points to be used in 2021 (without saving) then that would mean I could make a HW reservation in 2021 with my 2020 points?

Also, do you know if in HGVC I can save borrowed points? The website says, "...If you have current year ClubPoints that you can’t use..." which would suggest I can't but the 2020 Club Rules say, "...Members may save any of the remaining ClubPoints from expiring by depositing these ClubPoints into the following year’s account." which suggests that I can.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I know we are in uncharted territory here...but are you thinking that if HGVC decides to allow 2020 points to be used in 2021 (without saving) then that would mean I could make a HW reservation in 2021 with my 2020 points?

Also, do you know if in HGVC I can save borrowed points? The website says, "...If you have current year ClubPoints that you can’t use..." which would suggest I can't but the 2020 Club Rules say, "...Members may save any of the remaining ClubPoints from expiring by depositing these ClubPoints into the following year’s account." which suggests that I can.

That is a good question but I believe that if owners can use 2020 and 2021 points to book homeweek at their resort there may be a problem with availability for some owners being able to get certain weeks during their home week season like they usually can. This would not be really fair for resort owners that don't jump at reservations at the 12 month. Also, how would event weeks work. They certainly couldn't let you book two event weeks from one ownership.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My July 4th 2BR Oceanfront home week reservation at the Lagoon Tower is coming up and at this point it looks more or less certain that I won't be allowed to go.

Already book a 2OF for the 4th of July Holiday. I hope everything is back to the new normal in July. i.e. Fireworks on Friday and Fireworks on Saturday (4th). I really like watching the fireworks from the lanai vice fighting for space at the lagoon/parking lot. When do you plan on letting it go? I still have some points left over for 2020 to get 3 nights. Maybe I can invite some brave family members.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Already book a 2OF for the 4th of July Holiday. I hope everything is back to the new normal in July. i.e. Fireworks on Friday and Fireworks on Saturday (4th). I really like watching the fireworks from the lanai vice fighting for space at the lagoon/parking lot....When do you plan on letting it go?
I cannot tell you how much I envy y'all in Hawaii.

And another Hawaiian already messaged me about the reservation, sorry.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot tell you how much I envy y'all in Hawaii.

And another Hawaiian already messaged me about the reservation, sorry.

No worries. I had a lot of points left because I was suppose to have family visit in May for a graduation (I used 2020 and 2021 points). However, when the May grad fail through, I had a ton of points left (I'm glad HGVC refunded reservation fees.) So, when I saw a 2OF open up for 4th of July week, I changed my normal 2OV to the 2OF and paid the extra points. Normally I would stay for 3-4 nights but since I had a lot of points, took the whole 2OF week (7 Nights, Wed-Wed). Even with that, I still have 2021 points (I always borrow so I don't get trap in paying to save).

Diamond Head has been dormant for hundreds of thousands of years, so Ohau will still be here in the future. So, please come on back when you feel safe.