• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV 2BR premier or 2b Penthouse?

CJinPHX

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for guidence on pro's and con's of booking a 2 br premier class unit at HHV.

I'm told both penthouse level and premier are available for when I want to go. I was told that the better views are in the reg premier (because they're end unit oceanfront) What are the advantages for the penthouse level?

This is three women family members traveling together, one is 76 yrs old and I'm not sure of the room configuration in the two level penthouse. Thanks for your help

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 bedroom choices

I for one would vote 2 bedroom plus and not premier. Because of the parking lot surrounding the Marina it is not all it is cracked up to be.I have stayed in both and would not spend the extra points for the "ocean front" unit

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would pick the Penthouses every time because of the 16' (two stories. 14'?) high windows. Of course, the diamond head side is better than the marina side. However, one thing you should note is that some units have all their bedrooms on the second level and the stairs are not that friendly (think spiral stairways with stone steps.) I have also stayed in the ocean front units and the sunsets from the balcony is spectacular. That plus watching the surfers at 7AM (I even saw the submarines heading out to their rendevous points one morning) from the living room was worth the extra points to me.

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation for a premier unit in May, and have never stayed at HHV. I am a little confused as to how may different type 2 bdr premier units there are. From what I can gather some are 2 stories and some aren't. Diamond Head side is better than the marina side. Are both one and two story units available on both sides? Any info would be very helpful. I will be calling to put in my request as soon as I can. Thanks.

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone who knows please explain the difference between the views you get with 2 Bedroom MAX, 2 Bedroom Premier, and 3 Bedroom. Given that the 3 BR and 2 BR Premier have the same point values I would assume that Premier is OF and the 3 Bedrooms have an OV or less desirable view.