• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC waiving reservation cancellation fees/booking fees

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

Existing Reservations

We are waiving Club cancellation penalties for travel to any HGV property for check-in dates before May 15, 2020, and we are also refunding your booking fee for applicable reservations.

For faster service, you may cancel your reservation online. Your fee refund will be processed the following day, or you may contact the Club Call Center to assist you. We will continue to monitor the situation and make any adjustments as necessary.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Anyone know if this extends to owner update packages? I have one for end May in Vegas that I’m then extending with points. It’s a bit early, but we don’t quite know the state of travel yet.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
This policy also applies to reservations made during open season. We cancelled a reservation at Trump Intl for next month. No fees and a refund will be issued back to my credit card. We definitely appreciate their flexibility.

Best regards.

Mike

jyt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my March RCI Las Vegas reservation today due to CoVID cancellation of my Las Vegas convention event.
They asked why I was cancelling and I said CoVID-19
Then,
This year’s club points were returned to club. Last year’s club points were deposited into RCI without a fee.

The RCI Exchange fee was credited for use by June 30th of this year

Bravo HGVC and
Stay healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
This policy also applies to reservations made during open season. We cancelled a reservation at Trump Intl for next month. No fees and a refund will be issued back to my credit card. We definitely appreciate their flexibility.

Best regards.

Mike
Did you call in to cancel your reservation? And is the refund of fees supposed to be automatic or do you have to request it? I think it was Friday that I made a cancellation for an April reservation online and don't see any refund from HGVC..

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Did you call in to cancel your reservation? And is the refund of fees supposed to be automatic or do you have to request it?

From HGV website notification:

Existing Reservations

We are waiving Club cancellation penalties for travel to any HGV property for check-in dates before May 15, 2020, and we are also refunding your booking fee for applicable reservations.

For faster service, you may cancel your reservation online. Your fee refund will be processed the following day, or you may contact the Club Call Center to assist you. We will continue to monitor the situation and make any adjustments as necessary.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
From HGV website notification:

Existing Reservations

I'm still not sure what an "applicable reservation" is....any reservation with a check-in date before May 15, 2020?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I'm still not sure what an "applicable reservation" is....any reservation with a check-in date before May 15, 2020?
I would suggest calling into the call center for any questions on their policy.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Did you call in to cancel your reservation? And is the refund of fees supposed to be automatic or do you have to request it? I think it was Friday that I made a cancellation for an April reservation online and don't see any refund from HGVC..

I did it by phone. Our credit card hasn’t been credited yet, but I am keeping an eye on it.

Best regards.

Mike

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
I wonder if they would also refund insurance fee...?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my March RCI Las Vegas reservation today due to CoVID cancellation of my Las Vegas convention event.
They asked why I was cancelling and I said CoVID-19
Then,
This year’s club points were returned to club. Last year’s club points were deposited into RCI without a fee.

The RCI Exchange fee was credited for use by June 30th of this year

Bravo HGVC and
Stay healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So HGVC-RCI exchanges also receive an exchange credit when cancelling? I've only read that regular RCI exchanges get that - just wonder how the HGVC-RCI credit work?

IrishDave

Reaction score
I checked out of Elara a day early this morning with no notice on an open season reservation and they refunded the day I didn't stay

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I just cancelled an April 15th RCI booking (LT 30 days to go)...
I made the booking in 2019 with points borrowed from 2020.
They put 'em back in 2020 with a credit for the reservation fee good to 6/30.

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
So HGVC-RCI exchanges also receive an exchange credit when cancelling? I've only read that regular RCI exchanges get that - just wonder how the HGVC-RCI credit work?

I cancelled a straight RCI reservation and an HGVC RcI reservation for May. Since it was more than 30 days out they only gave me points back and not the reservation fees. They told me that if I waited until 30 days before cancelling the reservation they would give me an RCI reservation fee credit that had to be used by the end of June. In view of the virus I have no use for the RCI credit with my future plans so I went ahead with the cancellation. The HGVC points were 2021 points so I may have use for the HGVC points that I received back so my cancellation was focused on getting those points back.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled two HGVC Las Vegas reservations for April last Friday online. Finally am seeing credits issued for the reservation fees and one Guest Certificate. Took almost a week but they finally appeared without me having to do anything. Points had been returned to my account immediately last week. Thank you HGVC.

Now I just have to work on getting my airfare back. I want a refund though and not just a credit. I am seeing lots of flights being cancelled to/from Las Vegas with AA, DL, WN. So I'm going to wait until at least one of my flights is cancelled so I can request a refund to my credit card. Since Vegas will still be closed when I had my reservations for, I expect that flights are going to continue to be cancelled through April.