• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC W 57th or Manhattan Club

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
These two are very close, within walking distance to each other. SFX seems to be able to trade into both, as seen in sighting board. No extra charge for Manhattan club if use SFX.

I'm thinking of going to NYC for spring break 2013. Four people including two young kids. One bedroom would be nice, studio would be ok too.

Which one is a better trade in general?

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think SFX gets many W. 57th deposits (weeks) like Mahattan club.
You will get better chance with Mahattan Club than W.57th for spring break.
Personally, I like W.57th, but Hilton Club NY has 2 BR units which is more spacious and your kids don't have to sleep on sleeper sofa.
W.57th sleeper sofa is not comfy, it is quite thin.
All three are in great location.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX gets winter weeks at W 57th, and they are usually studios. Although, some people seem to have better pull for other weeks. I have had requests in at the 18 month window for any week within multiple month spans with no luck. I was able to get an early Feb week for a studio when I called and asked why I wasn't getting my requests fulfilled.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would go to the Manhattan Club. Look to get a 1 bedroom. With 2 kids you might feel cramped in a studio.

The great thing with SFX and the Manhattan Club is you won't have to pay $25 a day for cleaning. It is free.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Studio at W.57th is only for 2 people, not 4.
Only 1BR can accommodate 4 people.

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me about studio/2 rule. This limits the availability. Good to know that there is another resort called Hilton Club. I was not aware of that. Will put that into request as well.

Outside of timeshare world, when people book a hotel room, default is for two people. Young kids stay with the parents so usually four people are allowed in a hotel room. Comfortable or not, that's another topic.

In timeshare world, studios have occupancy policy of two max, citing safety reasons. While most of times timeshare studios are bigger than regular hotel rooms. So I'm wondering where the discrepancy comes from... Are hotel rooms constructed safer than timeshare studios, with wider exit hallway or sth? emm...

Our request will be for four people and for a specific spring break week 4/14/2013-4/21/2013 in NYC. I had seen many people got NYC trade through SFX. That's the exchange company I'm with. Now sounds like I cannot be too optimistic.... :-(

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many timeshare unit, studio (or called efficiency) can accommodate 4 people.
Marriotts and Westins have that set up (one king or queen with one sleeper sofa), and they indicate that in unit description.
However, Big cities like NYC, SF, Boston and Washington DC have smaller units than usual TS condos with very basic kitchen/kitchenette.
However, I believe those studio units are still bigger than normal hotel rooms in NYC.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have never seen a 2 BR from the Hilton Club anywhere but within Hilton.

Studios from Hilton Club and West 57th have appear in both SFX and RCI.

Studios and 1 BR from Manhattan Club have also appear in both SFX and RCI.

I would not count on larger units being available other than directly from owners at that resort.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second all of this. I too have had a trade request in with SFX for a Hilton Club one bedroom or two bedroom for over a year now. The SFX agent should be very honest with you about the odds of actually getting a one bedroom or larger in either of the Hilton properties.

Your best bet will definately be a Manhattan Club studio or one bedroom through SFX. Even getting a studio at either of the Hiltons is just not very likely to happen and I would even go so far as to say (regretably) there is zero hope.

On the plus side for the Manhattan Club, I think you get free breakfast with that resort.

RCI is the best route to go for a Manhattan Club exchange. With the hight cost of trading into that resort, those units sit around for a while and just about every week of the year is available, when there are bulk bankings made.

I have never seen a 2 BR from the Hilton Club anywhere but within Hilton.

Studios from Hilton Club and West 57th have appear in both SFX and RCI.

Studios and 1 BR from Manhattan Club have also appear in both SFX and RCI.

I would not count on larger units being available other than directly from owners at that resort.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
No free breakfast at Manhattan Club, continential breakfast is $14/pp.

Free breakfast and hor d'oeuvres and cocktails at The Hilton Club New York in the lounge, all guests.

West 57th, lounge ONLY FOR OWNERS at W 57th. Don't know what the lounge has, as I do not own there.

I have traded into Manhattan Club via RCI Points (straight up points account) and via SFX. Last exchange was 2 weeks ago into a 1 BR 2 BA unit. Good think about using SFX is that you are NOT charged the $25 for 1 BR and $15 for studio, per day fee. All my SFX weeks have been bonus weeks that I used.

I have traded into The Hilton Club via SFX and via RCI Points (this time used HGVC Portal). I have a trade in May 2012 via RCI. I had a choice of either W 57th or Hilton Club NYC and took the Hilton Club because of lounge access.

For anything larger than a studio in Hilton or a 1 BR 2 BA at Manhattan Club, forget it.

I have seen studios for both Hilton properties in both SFX and in RCI points, but they are limited weeks, perhaps at most 1 or 2 studios for a variety of weeks. Not big deposits but a week here and there in off season.

Manhattan Club has been readily available in RCI Points, but I think they just cost to many points in the straight up RCI Points account. I would rather get one using either my HGVC or Wyndham Portal and pay the fixed exchange schedule of points. They do have some SFX deposits both studio and 1 BR on occassion.

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer Manhattan Club over W57th despite W57 being newer and I think it would not be good for a family to at W57 at least in a studio since you cannot take a shower without those in the room watching. I find that very odd. It's newer in a glitzier but MC is more comfortable slightly better location to theaters and it has a kitchenette and dishwasher and if you get a one bedroom it comes with two bathrooms.