• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Reservation email notice is lame

Reaction score
I really hate when I make a reservation on HGVC and then the email from HGVC is from "input@hgvc.com" and then it has a PDF attachment with the reservation number only.

Then the description is really dated as who still used Mapquest (hello google maps).

I think HGVC can learn a lot from DVC as the Disney reservation emails are beautiful and informative with no PDF attachments.

Thank you for your recent reservation. A document confirming your reservation details is attached. Please print out this confirmation and present at check-in, along with proper identification.

We look forward to welcoming you to one of our spectacular destinations and hope you enjoy your upcoming vacation.

You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view this attachment. To download the most recent version of Acrobat reader, click here. If you need driving directions go to www.mapquest.com.

Notice of Confidentiality: This message and any attachments may contain confidential information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete this message.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's quite a pain twhen making & cancelling multiple bookings.
You need open each to match up conf #'s to find what goes with which.

jestme

Reaction score
Fully agree. The subject of the E-mail should have the resort name (not the resort number), as well as the check-in and check out dates. It would make it MUCH easier to figure out which reservation is which.

Reaction score
Here is from DVC

confirmations@reservation.disneydestinations.com

subject = We can't wait to welcome you home at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort! (Confirmation #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Lots of cools graphics (deleted from this post)

mail

mail

Welcome home, (MY Name was here)!

June is our favorite month here at Walt Disney World® Resort because you’re coming home! Whether you spend your time enjoying unique entertainment and dining at Disney Springs® or simply relaxing by the pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, the possibilities for fun are endless! See you real soon!
mail

Reservation Details
mail

Date: Thursday, Nov xx, 2019
Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxx
Arrive:
Sunday, Jun xx, 2020
Depart:
Saturday, Jul xx, 2020
mail

mail

Guests
every guest is listed here
mail

To learn about features and benefits of MyMagic+, go to MyDisneyExperience.com where you can choose attraction and entertainment experiences before you even leave home. You may also visit disneyvacationclub.com or call Member Services at 2901 Osceola Parkway Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8410
Deluxe Studio-Savanna View
DVC Member PointsRoom Only
6 Nights
Points per room/Per night:
date
22 Points

dates
19 Points

Check-in:
Sunday, Jun xx, 2020
Check-out:
Saturday, Jul xx, 2020
mail

Login or Register
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
• Points Per Room/ Per Night refers to Vacation Points.
Requests are not guaranteed.
• For cash reservations, final payment is due upon arrival.
• Check-In time is after 4:00 pm; Check-Out time is by 11:00 am.
• All rooms, balconies and patios are non-smoking. Please use designated smoking areas only.
• Pets are not allowed, except service animals as defined by The Americans With Disabilities Act.
• Failure to pay Annual Dues in full when due may result in cancellation of reservations.
Bedding:
Members confirming 5 Guests in a 1 Bedroom Villa at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge -- 5th Guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided.
Members confirming 9 Guests in a 2 Bedroom Villa at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge -- 9th Guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided.
Travel Insurance:
To learn more about unique travel insurance available to Disney Vacation Club Members, visit https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/vacation-planning/how-to-book/travel-insurance/.
Online Check-In:
Simplify your arrival by starting the check-in process online before your trip. Register at https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/home/.
FastPass+ Selections:
To setup FastPass+ selections, visit https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/home.
MagicBand Reminder:
To take full advantage of all your Resort MagicBand has to offer, deactivate all prior MagicBands you do not plan on using by visiting MyDisneyExperience.com. If you need assistance with deactivating your MagicBands, please contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
Housekeeping Information for Disney Vacation Club Resorts:
For stays of 7 or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4. For stays of 8 or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8 (after that the cycle begins again on day 12). This service schedule applies regardless of whether you are using a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points, or a combination of both. Please note that Disney Resort hotel Cast Members visually inspect every room for maintenance, safety, security and other purposes daily. As part of this daily inspection, Cast Members also will remove trash bags as an enhanced service for Disney Vacation Club Members (Members have historically received limited trash removal based on the length of their stay at Disney Vacation Club Resorts). Cast Members who arrive at an inconvenient time for your room’s inspection will happily arrange an alternate inspection time
Membership Magic:
A magical way to further enhance your Membership, visit disneyvacationclub.com/news to see the fun that's available during your visit. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID.
Disney Dining Plan:
The Disney Dining Plan must be purchased at least 48 hours prior to Check-In by contacting Member Services or by visiting https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/home.
Disney's Magical Express Transportation:
Disney's Magical Express Transportation and luggage delivery service is available from Orlando International Airport, and must be confirmed before Check-In by contacting Member Services or visiting https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/vacation-planning/request-magical-express/.
Theme Park Tickets:
To purchase Walt Disney World® Resort Park tickets, visit https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/home. To modify previously purchased Walt Disney World® Resort Park tickets, please visit MyDisneyExperience.com.
Resort Information:
For more information about your selected Disney Vacation Club Resort, Members may visit disneyvacationclub.com.
Cancellation Guidelines*:
For Disney Vacation Club Member Vacation Point Reservations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort

31+ Days Before Check-In Date All Vacation Points used to make the reservation, including borrowed Vacation Points, will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.
30 Days – 1 Day Before Check-In Date All Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be placed in the Holding Account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.
On the Check-In Date All of the Vacation Points used to make the reservation will be forfeited.
For Disney Vacation Club Cash Reservations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort
5+ Days before Check-In Date Cancellations must be made 5 or more days prior to the check-in date to avoid penalty.
4 or Less Days Before Check-In Date Reservations canceled 4 or less days from the check-in date will result in a charge of one night's room rate plus tax.
*Please refer to disneyvacationclub.com or call Member Services for full cancellation and modification guidelines. Members may also cancel or modify Vacation Points reservations online from the Member dashboard: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/home/

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I agree that there can be plenty of improvements in their email, but I for one appreciate the PDF attachment. It makes it easy to have a nice printout (printing from some email systems puts a lot of other garbage on the printout), and I especially like it because I create calendar events that go to both Outlook and Google calendars and I can simply attach the PDF to the appointment and I have all the details I need, easily accessed from my calendar when I travel.

Kurt

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I also agree that there could be improvements in their email but I just sent it to TripIt to register my trip. TripIt is able to create an upcoming trip out of the pdf.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Fully agree. The subject of the E-mail should have the resort name (not the resort number), as well as the check-in and check out dates. It would make it MUCH easier to figure out which reservation is which.

I agree, but it's easy for me to edit the subject line with this info when I get the confirmation--which I do.

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the pdf was ok ... but looking at that template of the Disney email ... well, that is a Welcome Email / Confirmation.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Although it would like them to add a reservation description to the email for easy search, I don't care about fancy photos.

I prefer the easy to print notice that doesn't nave a lot of graphics because it doesn't waste ink and paper. Also the fewer pages that I must carry when I travel the better. Graphics take up space.

IMHO...This falls to the bottom of my HGVC priority list. Higher priorities are more locations, no Diamond/Apollo...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Although it would like them to add a reservation description to the email for easy search, I don't care about fancy photos.

I prefer the easy to print notice that doesn't nave a lot of graphics because it doesn't waste ink and paper. Also the fewer pages that I must carry when I travel the better. Graphics take up space.

IMHO...This falls to the bottom of my HGVC priority list. Higher priorities are more locations, no Diamond/Apollo...

This fix would take a day or so for the IT team.

Seriously, just changing MapQuest to Google Maps would take 5 mins.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This fix would take a day or so for the IT team.

Seriously, just changing MapQuest to Google Maps would take 5 mins.

It may take five minutes for the IT team to make the change, however, there may be other issues. For example, I am familiar with a corporate entity who uses the google map data and must pay google for its use. Granted, they are doing a heck of a lot more than a link, but google may still see the HGVC use as commercial activity and want some $$$. Or the reverse, MapQuest is paying HGVC to drive traffic (kidding about MapQuest paying).

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

I could also do without the pics in the DVC confirmation (and don't need it in HGVC). But having the relevant content in the email body and title would be a big improvement. Very much appreciate DVC for this.

Cheers.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
relevant content in the email body and title would be a big improvement. Very much appreciate DVC for this

I think HGVC can learn a lot from DVC as the Disney reservation emails are beautiful and informative

I will politely disagree with this. DVC email is WORTHLESS as sent. Sorry, my past frustration coming out here. The DVC email does NOT include the membership # the reservation came from, and the CM Claims they cannot add/do anything without the member #. Not just a random issue with certain reps, but 100% of the times I have tried to add magic bus or something they refuse until I get the member # and then I have to call back.

They will actually find the reservation by the number on the email and have it on their screen but refuse to do anything with it.