• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Rescission Letter Sent - Awaiting Response

CavTheDwarf

Reaction score
Hello TUGBBS!

First of all, I wanted to thank this website and these forums for existing. You greatly helped me and my fiancée make a better decision than the one we made in our sales meeting last week! As most, we got the 4 Day / 3 Night offer from Hilton months back and planned a trip to Orlando. We went in saying "no matter what, we're saying no" and then walked out almost six hours later after signing a contract. The thing that really sold us were the cash rates and the RCI vacation offers ($379 for a week stay!?) but once we got back to our room and I started researching more, I got sick to my stomach almost immediately and found a way to get ourselves out!

That's where you all came in and thank you again! Our rescission letter went out on Saturday and the USPS proof of delivery with signature confirmation was received Monday. Now we wait for further correspondence. To give you some more info, we had signed for a biennial point bank of 5,760 with bonus points and a total purchase price just under $20K with HOA fees of around $1600. We are so happy to be in the stages of getting out of it but will be doing some more research over the coming months to look at resale properties.

Happy to answer any questions! Unlike other forum posts, I plan on posting updates so that other people in our situation can know how it resolves (most of the other posts I found did not have a follow-up from the OP).

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I would say it's not likely that you'll get a written response, but they will cancel the contract and refund the deposit to your card.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hello TUGBBS!

First of all, I wanted to thank this website and these forums for existing. You greatly helped me and my fiancée make a better decision than the one we made in our sales meeting last week! As most, we got the 4 Day / 3 Night offer from Hilton months back and planned a trip to Orlando. We went in saying "no matter what, we're saying no" and then walked out almost six hours later after signing a contract. The thing that really sold us were the cash rates and the RCI vacation offers ($379 for a week stay!?) but once we got back to our room and I started researching more, I got sick to my stomach almost immediately and found a way to get ourselves out!

That's where you all came in and thank you again! Our rescission letter went out on Saturday and the USPS proof of delivery with signature confirmation was received Monday. Now we wait for further correspondence. To give you some more info, we had signed for a biennial point bank of 5,760 with bonus points and a total purchase price just under $20K with HOA fees of around $1600. We are so happy to be in the stages of getting out of it but will be doing some more research over the coming months to look at resale properties.

Happy to answer any questions! Unlike other forum posts, I plan on posting updates so that other people in our situation can know how it resolves (most of the other posts I found did not have a follow-up from the OP).
Congrats! You saved a bunch of money. That 6 hours, though. That’s a long time.

CavTheDwarf

Reaction score
Congrats! You saved a bunch of money. That 6 hours, though. That’s a long time.
It really was. We still had a very nice afternoon and evening together, but damn. We were there a while. The people were nice too! Just doing their jobs… but… damn. :ROFLMAO:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The only indication of success will be a transaction to your credit card (assuming that's how you paid the down payment). Not to worry -- it will happen but give it forty-five days before you start to get uneasy.

When it comes to statutory requirements, timeshare companies comply.

CavTheDwarf

Reaction score
The next indication of success will be a transaction to your credit card (assuming that's how you paid the down payment). Not to worry -- it will happen but give it forty-five days before you start to get uneasy.

When it comes to statutory requirements, timeshare companies comply.
We had paid in full on two separate new cards we had opened. I work for a credit union and the rate they offered for financing was hysterical. We’re both keeping an eye out on the cards regardless. Thank you!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
HGVC is a good program. Do your research and find a resale that fits your needs. We have been very happy with HGVC.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
It really was. We still had a very nice afternoon and evening together, but damn. We were there a while. The people were nice too! Just doing their jobs… but… damn. :ROFLMAO:
They were nice because they thought they could reel you in. If you ever do another presentation (I refuse to do any), set a timer and only be there as long as you have to. I believe the required time is 1:30, but I’m not sure. I know it’s not 6 hours.

HGVC is a great program and the non sales employees are usually fantastic. We have enjoyed every vacation we have been on with our points. Resale is the way to go.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Congratulations.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
They will refund you so that is probably a great relief for you. Look through the stickies on this group for MFs, resort info, etc. That can help you make a decision down the road. Also, feel free to ping this group if you are looking at something and folks will give you their honest opinion.

CavTheDwarf

Reaction score
As an update, we just received an email from the sales manager that the letter has been received and forwarded to the proper department. They claim we should expect the refunds to our cards within 20 days. Progress!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
As an update, we just received an email from the sales manager that the letter has been received and forwarded to the proper department. They claim we should expect the refunds to our cards within 20 days. Progress!

Wow! Some sales managers would run it through the shredder if they had a chance.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
They were nice because they thought they could reel you in. If you ever do another presentation (I refuse to do any), set a timer and only be there as long as you have to. I believe the required time is 1:30, but I’m not sure. I know it’s not 6 hours.

It was probably six hours because they purchased. There is an amazing amount of paperwork to prepare for a purchase transaction and that can take a while, if your at a big sales office you might end up in a que waiting for everything process. When you purchase resale its only a few pages, but for some reason a developer purchase is more like buying a house.. you get a giant stack of paperwork to prepare and sign-off on.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Welcome to TUG :hi:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
That must be something new for HGVC. I like it.

CavTheDwarf

Reaction score
It was probably six hours because they purchased. There is an amazing amount of paperwork to prepare for a purchase transaction and that can take a while, if your at a big sales office you might end up in a que waiting for everything process. When you purchase resale its only a few pages, but for some reason a developer purchase is more like buying a house.. you get a giant stack of paperwork to prepare and sign-off on.
Most definitely. Most of it was was just waiting to hear back from the other floor and then we proceeded to sign a large packet of papers.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC is, by all regards, the most resale-friendly of all of the major branded timeshare systems. Everything you liked about HGVC--the deals for cheap RCI weeks last-minute at "leftover" locations/times, and I'm pretty sure the bonus time cash rates, too (someone who actually owns HGVC will correct me if I'm wrong here,)--are available to resale owners as well. So read up, figure out the minimum number of points that will work for you (in my research, it looks like 7K old/11K new points is a good sweet spot,) and decide if you need reservation priority somewhere (like HHI in summer) or if you just go for the best MF/point ratio (which is, by all accounts, Flamingo and Blvd. in Vegas.) Good luck and congratulations!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I agree with @amycurl. The only thing which resale owners don’t get is elite status (but you would really need about 54K points to make it worth much) and HGV Max (also not worth it because you will only get the leftover units in HGV/DRI resorts. I also believe 11,200 pts is an ideal starting number to shoot for In a first resale purchase. If you find out later that you need more points, then you can purchase another deed.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Statutorily, HGVC is not required to acknowledge receipt or processing.
So it is surprising that they sent you an email about it.

As indicated, Sales Offices have _nothing_ to do with rescissions.
We've read about one sales office that denied ever getting a letter.
They likely chucked it as it wasn't mailed to the address in the contract.

I suggest you review your contract to make sure your notice conforms.

CavTheDwarf

Reaction score
Statutorily, HGVC is not required to acknowledge receipt or processing.
So it is surprising that they sent you an email about it.

As indicated, Sales Offices have _nothing_ to do with rescissions.
We've read about one sales office that denied ever getting a letter.
They likely chucked it as it wasn't mailed to the address in the contract.

I suggest you review your contract to make sure your notice conforms.
I should probably clarify that it was the “quality assurance manager” whom we signed paperwork with that emailed us. Went to a different floor for to sign with him last week. The letter was sent specifically to:

“Hilton Grand Vacations
Attn: Contract Services - Rescission”

As was specified in our contract. I think we’re okay!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Sound liked Wastegate.
HGVC, aside from the sales weasels, is a stand-up company.
They will do the right thing -- the polar opposite of Wastegate,

But don't deal with the sales weasels, and for this, you don't need to.

Drea.83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Trump Towers
Hello TUGBBS!

Happy to answer any questions! Unlike other forum posts, I plan on posting updates so that other people in our situation can know how it resolves (most of the other posts I found did not have a follow-up from the OP

I can't tell you how jealous I am. I so wish I would have been older, wiser, less naïve when I sat down at my first sales meeting.

Congratulations!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you how jealous I am. I so wish I would have been older, wiser, less naïve when I sat down at my first sales meeting.

Congratulations!
You don't have to be 'older, wiser, less naive, to find TUG and make yourself an educated consumer.