• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Rescission letter help (2018)

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, HGVC is great, and you can buy in for a lot less money.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Congratulations, now you can relax. If you would like to pursue purchasing resale, you can come back (take you time) and investigate which TS system would be best for you and your family.

Bailes

Reaction score
I also want to add we rescinded a HGV contract around the same time, 100% because I read the comments in this forum. So thank you for saving my husband and I a ton of money and anxiety! We followed the directions in the contract and sent certified mail on 2/20/2019 to the provided address. We only had 5 days to rescind as the transaction was done in Nevada.
if you live somewhere other than Nevada and it gives you more time, that state is what you follow. We are in WA, so we had 7 days thank goodness as we sent it on the 5th day.

Ranger01

Reaction score
I want to add my experience here : Location : Nevada , Las Vegas. I was pushed into buying a 3400 point scheme annually with a total of 19K$. I was in total despair next day. So much remorse that it didn't strike to me to check the contract. I came across this forum 3rd day morning. Sent the rescission letter on 4th day (Fedex) and 5th day (USPS) while I was still on vacation (my vacation got spoiled because of this). They returned my downpayment on 5th day as the fedex reached there on 5th day. So fedex is good guys !!! . Don't have to worry much between fedex and usps. Fedex delivery is sufficient to nullify the contract. What a good feeling of relief !! Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I want to add my experience here : Location : Nevada , Las Vegas. I was pushed into buying a 3400 point scheme annually with a total of 19K$. I was in total despair next day. So much remorse that it didn't strike to me to check the contract. I came across this forum 3rd day morning. Sent the rescission letter on 4th day (Fedex) and 5th day (USPS) while I was still on vacation (my vacation got spoiled because of this). They returned my downpayment on 5th day as the fedex reached there on 5th day. So fedex is good guys !!! . Don't have to worry much between fedex and usps. Fedex delivery is sufficient to nullify the contract. What a good feeling of relief !! Cheers.

Congrats! You saved $19000 and, if you are still interested, you can buy resale. Excepting their sales department, HGVC treats their customers very well, even resale. It’s a very flexible system with great properties.

Eth03

Reaction score
if you live somewhere other than Nevada and it gives you more time, that state is what you follow. We are in WA, so we had 7 days thank goodness as we sent it on the 5th day.
I just want to add that I also followed the rescission section in the contract which stated the communication to HGVC (in person or certified mail) needed to be within 5 calendar days. Also the few websites I checked stated the rescission period was usually based on the state where the contract was signed, it still is unverified advice from the internet. In any case, I would follow instructions if there is a rescission section in the contract so there's no chance that HGVC can reject it based on not following the contract.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
AFAIK, the TS rescission statute that applies is the one where the sale occurred (the sales office) or where TS is physically located, not where the buyer resides.

Jie Lu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NYC W 57th
I am so glad I found this site, can someone tell which contact tells I can rescind? I bought yesterday but would like to rescind after I see those resale price. Unfortunately I can’t find the rescind section in my contract. Thanks in advance.

My info: NYC 57th, 3750 every other year, $1800 every other year. $21000

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It should be on your purchase agreement titled "57th Street Vacation Suites Vacation Ownership Interest Purchase Agreement" near the back just before the signature under "Rescission." Write the letter ASAP because you have only 5 - 7 days. Follow all instructions have all buyers sign and mail with tracking and proof of mailing date.

Then sit back and relax and spend some time on TUG to research and to find a nice resale for a fraction of the price.

Congrats on finding TUG in time.

Jie Lu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NYC W 57th
Thank you! I found it, do you know what’s the rescission period for NEw York State? Thanks thanks thanks!!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I found it, do you know what’s the rescission period for NEw York State? Thanks thanks thanks!!
The rescission period for New York State is 7 calendar days. So if you signed on a Monday, day one is Tuesday, and your rescission MUST be postmarked (not DELIVERED) by the next Monday. Everyone who signed the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. Include a COPY of the signature page for ID purposes. I does not need to be notarized. Send it USPS Certified and order teturn receipt so you KNOW it's delivered. I can take up to 45 days for the refund to hit your credit card, and they are under no obligation to inform you. HGVC is an honorable outfit- unlike some others- so once it's mailed, you can rest assured that you're off the hook.

Welcome to TUG! Stick around and learn about TS, so the next time you attend a presentation, you'll be informed.

Jim

Jie Lu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NYC W 57th
The rescission period for New York State is 7 calendar days. So if you signed on a Monday, day one is Tuesday, and your rescission MUST be postmarked (not DELIVERED) by the next Monday. Everyone who signed the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. Include a COPY of the signature page for ID purposes. I does not need to be notarized. Send it USPS Certified and order teturn receipt so you KNOW it's delivered. I can take up to 45 days for the refund to hit your credit card, and they are under no obligation to inform you. HGVC is an honorable outfit- unlike some others- so once it's mailed, you can rest assured that you're off the hook.

Welcome to TUG! Stick around and learn about TS, so the next time you attend a presentation, you'll be informed.

Jim

Thanks! Mailed and faxed, also called credit card company and gave them a heads up, fingers crossed.

Jie Lu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NYC W 57th
I just got confirmation our contract is cancelled, thanks everyone for your help, I am so glad I found this site in time for me to save $$$$. Thanks!!!!!

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got confirmation our contract is cancelled, thanks everyone for your help, I am so glad I found this site in time for me to save $$$$. Thanks!!!!!

Excellent news! Now time to become a Member, hang around and learn.

Cheers.

Raphaelas

Reaction score
Going through a similar thing right now with the HGV Las Palmeras Orlando Resort - just as an added wrinkle, we were provided with both hard copy and soft copy (on a fancy USB credit card thing) documents each of which had a different address to send the rescission letter.

I have sent to both addresses just in case - an extra $50 or so to save thousands......fingers crossed.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I have sent to both addresses just in case - an extra $50 or so to save thousands......fingers crossed.

No need to worry, HGV will follow the law.

kashifned

Reaction score
I had a presentation in Orlando on the 26th and ended buying from Hilton a Gold week at Las Palmeras for $13k with 3400 points alternate year and a 7000 point bonus. Looked like a good deal. Until I got home and did some digging. Thanks to this forum, I figured the rescission process and sent in my letter yesterday. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I hope I some out free and clear.

The HGV club does make a lot of sense though. I am pretty sure I will end up buying on the resale market before the year is out.

Thanks again for this forum and all the posts here.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The HGV club does make a lot of sense though. I am pretty sure I will end up buying on the resale market before the year is out.

Good for you for finding this forum in time to rescind. I'm not an HGV member but there are other TUGgers here who are and can chime in. However, the big caution we give to people in your shoes is to be patient and not doggedly determined to buy. Take your time. Do your research. Ask questions from other TUGgers about this. There are many who will be happy to answer your questions.

Maybe even try renting once to see if HGV (or any timeshare for that matter) is right for you. As is emphasized to potential buyers here, acquiring a timeshare is easy. Getting rid of it when you no longer want/need it is very difficult.

kashifned

Reaction score
Should I expect some type of confirmation from HGV that they have received my letter and are working on the cancellation? I have delivery proof from USPS that the letter was delivered on Jan 2nd, but nothing after that and getting a little nervous now.
Is there a way to check with HGV on the status?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Should I expect some type of confirmation from HGV that they have received my letter and are working on the cancellation? I have delivery proof from USPS that the letter was delivered on Jan 2nd, but nothing after that and getting a little nervous now.

No, there isn’t. They are required by law to rescind, but they don’t have to (and won’t) give you a status update. While the sales people are weasely, the rest of HGVC is very customer oriented. I haven’t heard of a recession done properly that hasn’t been followed through. You will be fine.

Do not call HGVC. They will only try and get you to stop the recession. That will put you past the recession period and you will be stuck with that loan.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
You will get your refund within 45 days, likely sooner. They are legally required to process your rescission.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will get your refund within 45 days, likely sooner. They are legally required to process your rescission.

Absolutely correct! I might add that the rescission must have been sent within the required time frame, AND send to the correct address.

Additionally, anyone who signed the original contract needs to sign the rescission paperwork.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Going through a similar thing right now with the HGV Las Palmeras Orlando Resort - just as an added wrinkle, we were provided with both hard copy and soft copy (on a fancy USB credit card thing) documents each of which had a different address to send the rescission letter.

Hi, I have purchased the same contract at the HGV Las Palmeras Orlando Resort. Unfortunately I left my copy of the contract at the Hotel when we checked out and now I don’t have the address to send the letter to.
Do you still have the address of their actual office?
Thank you

kashifned

Reaction score
Yes. For my contract, i had the following:

Contract Services - Rescission,
c/o Hilton Resorts Corporation
Attn: Jari Alvarez
6355 MetroWest Blvd., Suite 180,
Orlando, FL. 32835

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi, I have purchased the same contract at the HGV Las Palmeras Orlando Resort. Unfortunately I left my copy of the contract at the Hotel when we checked out and now I don’t have the address to send the letter to.
Do you still have the address of their actual office?
Thank you
Congrats on rescinding. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?