• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hgvc resale purchase help

benjaminb13

Reaction score
HI
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING HGVC AT WAIKOLOA RESORT- iF NOT FOR THIS WEBSITE I WOULD HAVE PURCHASED FROM THE DEVELOPER AT ALMOST DOUBLE THE PRICE.
THE PURCHASE ALSO INCLUDES 7000 /2006 UNUSED POINTS TO BE TURNED INTO RESCUE POINTS AND TRANSFERRED TO 2007 ALLOWING ME A 2 WEEK VACATION.
THREE ISSUES HAVE ARISEN:
1) WHEN THE SELLER ASKED TO ROLL OVER HIS 2006 POINTS INTO 2007 AND INFORMED HILTON - I WOULD BE PURCHASING THE PROPERTY - HILTON TOLD HIM HE COULD NOT IF HE WAS SELLLING THE PROPERTY.
2) i NEED TO RESERVE 2 WEEKS IN AUGUST- AT THIS RESORT- I WAS TOLD THAT THERE MAY BE NO OPENINGS IF i DO SO AFTER THE CLOSE OF ESCROW- JAN 10/07
3) I MAY NOT BE ALLOWED FREE ACCESS TO THE HILTON AT THE WAIKOLOA FACILITIES (DOLPHIN QUEST, MAN MADE BEACH ETC) HALF A MILE AWAY
SHOULD I CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION AND JUST GO THE SAFE ROUTE FROM THE DEVELOPER?
SHOULD I ASK THAT B4 CLOSING I GET GUARANTEES FROM THE SELLER THAT I WILL GET 14000 POINTS AS WELL AS GUARANTEED ACCESS TO HILTON RESORT?
NEED YOU GUYS TO COME TO THE RESCUE

Bill4728

Reaction score
I don't think anything you were told is true.
1. The seller can rescue his points, they are his points. If at some time in the future, he sells it shouldn't matter
2. Have the seller reserve the weeks now and then after the sale they can be transfered into your name.
3. All guest at Waikoloa have use of the Hilton hotel pools ect. Just make sure the rooms are at HGVC Waikoloa and not at the bay club. Because guest at the Bay Club don't have use of the Hilton hotel pools.

You may also want to buy HGVC resale at another location and save even more. Any HGVC owner with enough points could also get this for you.

Good Luck

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just took a look at availability at HGVC Waikoloa for August 07 and saw none. There was still plenty of space at the Bay Club in most categories. If there is no space now, it will probably not be wise to count on it in January. However, you might get lucky if you have the time to watch it closely.

nonutrix