• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC / RCI Exchange

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
A week ago I decided to try to book a week in Cabo for spring break 06.

I have a good trader in RCI, so I put on an ongoing search.. I got one match. The placed looked like a dive. so I released it and kept searching.

So I thought "I should try my HGVC at the same time"

I called the HGVC rep, he said "ohhh Cabo at spring break for this year, I doubt you'll find anything"

They called back the next day and offered me a decent Gold Crown resort. I checked the tug reviews. It was ok, but I decided I wanted something better.
I gave HGVC rep a list of 6 acceptable resorts and one specific check in weekend.
They called back the next day with a match.. 1bd 3400 points.
Which cost me $325 in MF's and $189 exchange fee.

My week in the RCI account is still sitting there, no matches and I never even changed the search to my specific resorts.

I am very happy with my HGVC experience in trading with RCI

If initial cost is not an issue. These make fantastic traders.
I wish I could exchange online, but as long as I get what I want.. I am happy.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
As noted here before, and usually poo-poo'd by non-HGVC owners, HGVC has the best, or is at least one of the top traders within RCI, with weeks going to HGVC before getting matched to excellent trading weeks that have had searches ongoing...

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
And it has what no Hotel Timeshare has....

The ability to book reservations for less than seven days nine months out at any club affiliated(HGVC) or RCI Points resort.

spike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dude! Spring Break it Cabo!!!!!!

That said, the hidden secret of HGVC is that we go to the front of the line for RCI searches. (Don't tell anyone)

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, I have always had good exchanges through RCI with my HGVC points. Always good treatment at the resorts too. I am heading to a Worldmark resort next week, so I will be able to report on that also.

Good score on Cabo.

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
I got a 1bd/2ba unit at the Playa Grande

You will love the Playa Grande....we own there as well as the Bay Club with our HGVC points.

I have had the same success with HGVC exchanges in RCI as you have found.
Last January we got some cheap airfare to CAbo and they were the only ones who could find us anything. It was not Gold Crown that P.G. is but worked great for us at the last minute.

Judy