• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Properties in DEX

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
The Diamond search function is not intuitive, especially since many resorts seem to appear under 2 or more listings, and each brings up different availability.
What I find equally frustrating is that some cities are listed 4-5 (or more) different ways. Lake Tahoe is a great example; there are 5(!) different entries.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I find equally frustrating is that some cities are listed 4-5 (or more) different ways. Lake Tahoe is a great example; there are 5(!) different entries.
YES!! I often do searches for Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort - love going there in the summer - and I thought that using South Lake Tahoe as a search would bring up all different possible availabilities - but that didn't work because there are so many different Lake Tahoe listings. :(

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
DeX is just a limited inventory of RCI.
If you go on RCI, you will see many DRI resorts available with your HGVC.

Agree with the last sentence. But anyone booking DRI through RCI is paying pretty hefty resort fees. When I traded into Beachwoods through RCI Points last summer, there was a resort fee of $29.26 per day. If DEX gives DRI and HGVC owners a way to trade into each other resorts without paying resort fees .... that is an option that may bring value.

Do I understand DEX right that for internal DRI exchanges there are no resort fees? Can points owners book partial week stays or is everything on DEX a week?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
DeX is more expensive than II most of the time.
Example, Oct 9, 2022 is week 40. The TDI of week 40 in Hawaii is 110.
A 2 bdrm with a TDI of 110 at a premium resort like Marriott or Westin is 6,000 pts and a 1 bdrm is 4,500 pts.
With DeX is tier 5 (10,000 pts) for the 2 bdrm and tier 4 (8,000 pts) for the 1 bdrm.

I am eying this from the HGVC side. I am thinking the central thesis of your post here will apply to RCI (the HGVC reference points) as well. I expect trades into DRI inventory will cost me more points (trading power) than they would going through either the HGVC RCI Portal or booking through my separate/personal RCI Points account.

However, the DEX exchange fee is well below the $259 exchange fee RCI sticks us with for a week. I am also hopeful it gets owners (from HGVC and DRI if we both have access) out of having to pay each others resort fees). So my early anticipation is such exchanges if they become possible will cost owners more in terms of trading power but also save more in terms of dollars going to fees.

In my mind, it would be foolish for the newly merged company not to leverage DEX to their advantage (and to owners).

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with the last sentence. But anyone booking DRI through RCI is paying pretty hefty resort fees. When I traded into Beachwoods through RCI Points last summer, there was a resort fee of $29.26 per day. If DEX gives DRI and HGVC owners a way to trade into each other resorts without paying resort fees .... that is an option that may bring value.

Do I understand DEX right that for internal DRI exchanges there are no resort fees? Can points owners book partial week stays or is everything on DEX a week?

You are correct that there are no resort fees for Diamond owners using their points or weeks to reserve in DEX. I believe everything in DEX is for full weeks, but I could be wrong.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
DeX is just a limited inventory of RCI.
If you go on RCI, you will see many DRI resorts available with your HGVC.
While this may be true, DeX has inventory that never makes into II. It's actually one of the primary reasons I purchased a DRI legacy week. Tons of availability in places I'd like to go. Some/most/all (?) may be included in RCI based on what I've read in this thread, but I don't plan on joining RCI again (was a member for 2 years). II DRI inventory was nothing like what I see in DeX. I'm extremely happy to see Grand Pacific (and other Affiliated and/or partner resorts) available in DeX. I definitely plan on trading into Hanalei Bay at some point in the future.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct that there are no resort fees for Diamond owners using their points or weeks to reserve in DEX. I believe everything in DEX is for full weeks, but I could be wrong.
Your post is right on point. My son and his family loved this feature.
They exchanged into The Massanutten Resort last year and they paid a mandatory daliy resort fee for their week stay, to used the resort amenities.
Plus, they paid an exchange fee to exchange into the Massanutten resort.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been successfully able to book one of the HGVC resorts that are now showing as available in DEX? We are a legacy weeks owner at KBC, but currently don't have a deposit in DEX that I could use to check. If the answer is yes, I might deposit our 2022 KBC week in DEX.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Has anyone been successfully able to book one of the HGVC resorts that are now showing as available in DEX? We are a legacy weeks owner at KBC, but currently don't have a deposit in DEX that I could use to check. If the answer is yes, I might deposit our 2022 KBC week in DEX.
While I didn't pull the trigger, I was able to get to all the way to the payment page for an exchange into an HGVC resort. Seems legit, and I'd expect it to complete if I provide my credit card.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I didn't pull the trigger, I was able to get to all the way to the payment page for an exchange into an HGVC resort. Seems legit, and I'd expect it to complete if I provide my credit card.
Thank you - that is great news! I know the prevailing thought (and the communications from Hilton seems to imply this as well) that you would need to pony up to pay for whatever new product they will start offering to be able to trade between DRI and Hilton. Am I too naive or optimistic to think that this is a sign that that might not be case?

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I see some HGVC with my DRI pts on DeX.
I just did some searches to these areas and I saw availability at these resorts
Hawaii
  • Kings' Land
  • Kohala Suites
  • The Bay Club
Florida:
  • Las Palmeras
  • Seaworld
  • Tuscany Village
  • Parc Soleil
Nevada
  • Trump
  • The Boulevard
  • Paradise
  • Flamingo
  • Elara
New York
  • New York
  • West 57th Street
I can verify they show up. I was searching "Florida" and the resorts listed above showed up along with their point value and unit type for exchange. "No availability" is a common post-search response for several periods of time I was considering.

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's encouraging. Should we conclude that by virtue of listing HGVC properties in the Destination Exchange grouping, posting the points required and allowing an exchange that this is all there is to it? Or, is there more? For example, is the number of points listed for exchange by DRO owners in-line with what HGVC owners would use to make the same exchange? If so, this is significant and indeed good news.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
That's encouraging. Should we conclude that by virtue of listing HGVC properties in the Destination Exchange grouping, posting the points required and allowing an exchange that this is all there is to it? Or, is there more? For example, is the number of points listed for exchange by DRO owners in-line with what HGVC owners would use to make the same exchange? If so, this is significant and indeed good news.
Possibly. I don't own points, but I think others have seen them with points. I thought the tier levels were good for the ones I checked. I half-expected the HI properties to be a higher tier considering the tier levels for some DRI affiliates/exchange partners.

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Example, Oct 9, 2022 is week 40. The TDI of week 40 in Hawaii is 110.
A 2 bdrm with a TDI of 110 at a premium resort like Marriott or Westin is 6,000 pts and a 1 bdrm is 4,500 pts.
With DeX is tier 5 (10,000 pts) for the 2 bdrm and tier 4 (8,000 pts) for the 1 bdrm.
Thanks. Good to know. I am aware that some DRI owners have kept their membership active by paying the fee themselves. Hopefully, as more people make DeX exchanges using their DRI points, we should be able to determine if there is a predictable constant factor that increases the point price as you have noted.

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Diamond search function is not intuitive, especially since many resorts seem to appear under 2 or more listings, and each brings up different availability.
Agree. Very frustrating booking system. Not at all intuitive. I've spoken to corporate about it years ago and seems every update just makes the system less user friendly. For example, if you do a search and get a "hit" and are not familiar with the resort it makes sense to do a little research first before booking. Problem is while you are investigating the details about the resort with a third party source that has traveler or owner reviews, the DRI web site logs you out after about 10 minutes or so. Then you have to log in and start all over again. Maybe the Hilton booking system is more user friendly. Hoping someone who uses the Hilton system will comment.

ARtraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm able to see several HGVC properties in DEX; some with availability, some without. Seen using a legacy week deposit; I don't know what shows up for points owners.

Here's the list of properties:
Grand Waikikian by HGVC
Grand Islander by HGVC
Parc Soilel by HGVC
West 57th St by Hilton
HGVC on Paradise
HGVC on The Boulevard
HGVC at Marbrisa
HGVC at Flamingo
HGVC at Seaworld
HGVC at Coylumbridge
HGVC at Tuscany Village
HGVC at Craigendarroch
HGVC at Dunkeld
The Hilton Club of New York
Sunrise Lodge a HGVC
Elara, a HGVC
Does anyone know if any of the HGVC properties that show in DEX are pet friendly ? DRI only has 2 or 3 pet friendly properties and since getting our COVID puppies we have been very discouraged with traveling to DRI sites.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can DRI Cub members successfully book Hilton vacations resorts?

SeattleAl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked a week at the HGVC Flamingo for Labor Day week using 4000 DEX points.
My records show I was last there in 2019, so I am within the 4 year limit. We'll see if they notice that and cancel my reservation or something.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can DRI timeshare Club members successfully exchange into HVC?

Yes, they can.

However, it is through RCI on the backend of DEX.

What we should be hoping for is for the two sides to be able to deposit and exchange through DEX on the front end. It would cut RCI out and improve trading access within the HGV family. Seems to me it would be a no-brainer for them. But I do not know that it will be an early priority.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Yes, they can.

However, it is through RCI on the backend of DEX.

What we should be hoping for is for the two sides to be able to deposit and exchange through DEX on the front end. It would cut RCI out and improve trading access within the HGV family. Seems to me it would be a no-brainer for them. But I do not know that it will be an early priority.

Is it for HGV? Would that discourage owners from enrolling in HGV Max? While it would be great for us, would it lose money for them?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Is it for HGV?
Is what for HGV? Are you asking about RCI backend, the ability for DRI owners to exchange into HGV, or something else?
Would that discourage owners from enrolling in HGV Max?
As a DRI deeded week owner who can see and exchange into HGV resorts through DeX, it absolutely discourages me from enrolling in HGV Max...so much so I'm almost regretting typing that here in the event someone in HGV leadership is reading this thread. Availability is low, but it's there for the taking.

It may be useful to have owners in the different systems check availability at certain HGV resorts to see how different the inventory is. Even more so when HGV Max is in place. Then we could determine how beneficial it would be to join HGV Max.