• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Preview Bonus Point Deposit Fail

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
In December of last year I received the following email from HGVC:

Thank you for making a reservation at Hilton New York. We're sure you're excited about your upcoming visit to one of the world's most exciting cities. And, because you are a valued Hilton Guest, we would like to extend an opportunity for you to earn 60,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points.

Simply schedule and attend an informative 90-minute Personal Preview of West 57th Street by Hilton Club, New York's first purpose-built, shared ownership tower in the heart of Manhattan. Let us show you how you can make the most of your city getaways as an owner at West 57th Street.*

The relevant * info:

Please allow six to eight weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be deposited into your account. Bonus Points do not count toward Elite tier qualification.

I called the number and scheduled the presentation for Jan 2 at 9:30 a.m. and attended what turned out to be about a 2 hour presentation at the 57th Street office. I was handed a receipt upon sign-out stating I'd receive the bonus points within 2 to 4 weeks. My first communication with them was last week since there is a discrepancy between the offer email and the receipt. Week 8 has passed.

I've inquired with Hilton HHonors and with HGVC and have only been told that a case has been opened. HHonors put it off on HGVC, which makes sense since they'd be the ones to initiate the deposit, however HGVC has not communicated since, even after follow-up via phone and email.

I'm not desperate for the points necessarily, but 60,000 HH points is about the minimum I'd accept for sitting through one of those presentations. I'd like the points or two hours of my life back.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
This happened to me at Custom House with Marriott a few years ago and boy did it teach me a lesson. :annoyed: I had to beg for what they promised to be fulfilled. :mad: It took them more than 3 months to finally give me my points. Definitely soured me on Marriott, and I used to love them and almost exclusively stay at their hotels. Not anymore. :wave:

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem with Hilton. That's really disappointing cause I thought they played a more honest game. I think they are all trying to see if they'll get away with it or not. I even had Disney and Vacation Village not pay me the referral bonus that was due for sending them two of my friends. I''m no longer falling for any of these false promise baits. They're all doing it. No more tours from me and no more referrals for anyone, period. :rolleyes:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
This happened to me at Custom House with Marriott a few years ago and boy did it teach me a lesson. :annoyed: I had to beg for what they promised to be fulfilled. :mad: It took them more than 3 months to finally give me my points. Definitely soured me on Marriott, and I used to love them and almost exclusively stay at their hotels. Not anymore. :wave:

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem with Hilton. That's really disappointing cause I thought they played a more honest game. I think they are all trying to see if they'll get away with it or not. I even had Disney and Vacation Village not pay me the referral bonus that was due for sending them two of my friends. I''m no longer falling for any of these false promise baits. They're all doing it. No more tours from me and no more referrals for anyone, period. :rolleyes:

I hate to see that happening because attending can be a great way to top off a HH account. My plan at the time was to hit up the Costa Rica all-inclusive with the points so I was more motivated to sign up. I haven't participated in many based on the advice of those who have avoided them like talent, but I suppose my time can be had for the right price. It's not like I find it socially awkward to stand up, thank them for the information, and leave when the time expires. I did hear this one out to the end because I was curious what the final offer would be on a one-time 7k point package.

I suppose I'm more disappointed with the lack of customer service on this issue. HGVC hides behind that email address too often. Days to get a simple response makes little sense and drives me to the phone where the agents aren't empowered to take any real action.

Last edited:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's now been 9 weeks and the phone reps only say that a "case has been opened" while both HGVC and HH customer service emails go unanswered.

Monday I'll spend the afternoon at the coffee shop changing 13 future Hilton stays to Hyatt. Getting Diamond with them before the end of the year shouldn't be too tough. Sadly Hyatt doesn't have hotels in three of my destinations. I've never veered from Hilton or Hyatt so if anyone has suggestions, I'm open to it.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
It's now been 9 weeks and the phone reps only say that a "case has been opened" while both HGVC and HH customer service emails go unanswered.

Monday I'll spend the afternoon at the coffee shop changing 13 future Hilton stays to Hyatt. Getting Diamond with them before the end of the year shouldn't be too tough. Sadly Hyatt doesn't have hotels in three of my destinations. I've never veered from Hilton or Hyatt so if anyone has suggestions, I'm open to it.

Remy,

It's really ironic -- I used to be a fanatically loyal Marriott customer -- and then they came out with the new points system which had several distinctly owner-unfriendly decisions (primarily skimming). It really soured me on Marriott.

Since then, I stay in alot more Hiltons and Hyatts than ever before --- and my company had our National Sales Meeting at a Hilton, which before I always steered towards Marriott. But the good news is that I am now a very happy HGVC (and Westin) owner -- two systems I didn't own before Marriott's shenanigans.

But its sad to see that Hilton is also trying to see what they can get away with. Perhaps they all cut from the same cloth... :mad:

Best,

Greg

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm putting HH and HGVC into the same pot by taking away my business from the hotel side, through really, this is likely an issue with HGVC being shady. The money all goes into the same Blackstone pile at the end of the day.

I'm probably insignificant in their grand scheme of things, and their customer service has reinforced that notion.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sadly, one has to become a threatening jerk to get any action out of these guys. The deposit was made about 10 minutes ago.