• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Points used first?

Mstarjc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Kind of a complicated question here. I've offered $7500 for 13,440 points EY at the Lagoon tower in Hawaii. This is for a 2BR+. I offed to pay the mantainance fees to the seller for this years points and plan to immediately roll them to next year. Here's the question. I want to book for next years points immediately to reserve a stay in September at my home location. Will the points I am rolling to next year prevent me from making this reservation? I've heard that you can only reserve your home reservation (aka platinum 2 BR Lagoon Tower) a year out with unrolled points. I've also heard it will use the oldest points first. How can both happen? Thank you for your time. MS.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Will the points I am rolling to next year prevent me from making this reservation?
No
Here's the question. I want to book for next years points immediately to reserve a stay in September at my home location.
Sept of 2024 or Sept of 2025? If you are trying to make a reservation in 2024, then there is no reason to roll the points over first. You can make a club reservation using those points.

If you are trying to make a HW reservation at LT for Sept 25, then you will need to wait until 365 days before check-in. But a HW reservation can only be made for the deeded unit (2BR+ for 1 week, in the correct season, starting on the checkin day for that resorts which for LT is Saturday). For HW reservations, it will use the correct years points (can not used borrowed or saved points).

I've heard that you can only reserve your home reservation (aka platinum 2 BR Lagoon Tower) a year out with unrolled points. I've also heard it will use the oldest points first. How can both happen?
You are correct. If you book a reservation during club season, it will use saved points first, current years points next and borrowed points last.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Welcome to TUG. I would suggest that you ask questions on a specific TS system in the appropriate forum to get better responses. I will move your question to the HGVC forum.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
btw, @Mstarjc, most HGVC have never used a HW booking, but LT is one of the resort where owners are using their HW booking. I know that I use HW booking for ski weeks at Valdoro (Breckenridge, CO) and Sunrise Lodge (Park City, UT) and Ocean Oak (Hilton Head Island, SC). I also have several deeds that I will never use my HW booking there because it is just being used as a point generator for club bookings.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard that you can only reserve your home reservation (aka platinum 2 BR Lagoon Tower) a year out with unrolled points. I've also heard it will use the oldest points first. How can both happen? Thank you for your time...

If you are trying to make a HW reservation at LT for Sept 25, then you will need to wait until 365 days before check-in. But a HW reservation can only be made for the deeded unit (2BR+ for 1 week, in the correct season, starting on the checkin day for that resorts which for LT is Saturday). For HW reservations, it will use the correct years points (can not used borrowed or saved points).

If you book a reservation during club season, it will use saved points first, current years points next and borrowed points last.

To expound slightly on @GT75 's answer, HGVC doesn't keep track of which points belong to which resort (though there are two points 'buckets' - one for HGVC and one for bHC). So if you end up owning more than one resort you just have to make sure that you have more than 13,440 'untouched' 2025 points to make your Lagoon Tower 2BR+ 2025 Home Week reservation.

Also even as an owner at Lagoon Tower, if you make a Club Reservation at LT it is treated the same as any other Club Reservation and will pull saved, then current, then borrowed points.

Lastly, you will love Lagoon Tower. We own there and usually use our points for Home Week reservations.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Lastly, you will love Lagoon Tower. We own there and usually use our points for Home Week reservations.

I second this. We do not own there, now do we ever do Home Week reservations, but we did complete a 14-night stay here in February and very much loved the place. While it is close to Waikiki, it is not Waikiki, and that is a substantial improvement over Waikiki proper. The whole facility (HHV) is great and we will surely go back.

Cheers.