• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC point upgrade

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is is actually possible to simply purchase more points directly from hgvc instead of buying another ts? if so, what is the cost?

icroyals

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not possible to buy points from Hilton. You dont really own points. You own a week, that you can trade within the HGVC system. The points just make the whole internal trading system more flexible for the owners.

Hope this helps.

icroyals

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this point system but I thought you could purchase more points? At a presentation it was said that if we wanted to upgrade our room we would have to purchase more points for that week. How can someone upgrade their Studio (3500 pts) to a 1-bedroom (4800 pts) when reserving a week at a HGVC resort?

aktravler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own HGVC affiliate Fiesta Americana and were given a certificate locking in a certain price for purchasing more points, so that tells me you should be able to upgrade your points amount.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Sthack said:
I'm new to this point system but I thought you could purchase more points? At a presentation it was said that if we wanted to upgrade our room we would have to purchase more points for that week. How can someone upgrade their Studio (3500 pts) to a 1-bedroom (4800 pts) when reserving a week at a HGVC resort?
It is not possible to buy points from Hilton. You don't really own points. You own a week, that you can trade within the HGVC system. The points just make the whole internal trading system more flexible for the owners.
Both of you are in a sense right. HGVC does allow you to "buy more points" but to do that you give them your platinum-studio ( or Gold 1bd) and they then sell you a Platinum 1bd at a significant cost.

HGVC is one of the big TS campanies which there is little reason to buy from the developer. The only thing that developer sales gets you is elite status and IMHO, it isn't worth much.

IMHO, If you want more points buy another unit.

Seth Nock

Reaction score
Some of the brokers will upgrade the units for you. The difference is when you upgrade with Hilton, they credit you the orriginal purchase price toward the current pricing. The resale brokers will usually credit the current resale value toward the resale pricing.