I am a brand new HGVC owner and am planning to visit Orlando in April. I have read the TUG reviews of the Sea World and I-Drive properties. Seems like the I-Drive property is a little newer/nicer and has a little better location, but parking is a real problem. We won't be visiting Sea World, so the location on-site there is not a plus for us.
If anyone has strongly-held opinions on which property is better I would love to hear them.
We've stayed at each exactly once.
I don't have a strong opinion on which is better, as they both have pluses/minuses and honestly, I don't think there's a huge difference. Here are some minor points that I recall regarding SeaWorld (SW) vs. International Drive (TUSC):
- TUSC is a bit newer and perhaps has a slightly more formal feel; *but*, in terms of which will give you a "newer/nicer" room, it probably depends more heavily on the refurbish schedule. Some SW buildings were recently refurbished as I understand it.
- TUSC is arranged in more of a circle vs. SW's line arrangement of buildings... you're more likely to be able to walk to the main pool area from TUSC's farther-out buildings than from SW's (though phoning for a ride at SW is pretty responsive)
- SW has a better kid's playground and a couple of things that TUSC doesn't (billiard table and ping-pong out by the pool; tennis courts)
- SW has a casual restaurant so you can have dinner by the pool; TUSC only has a deli.
- SW's "provisioning" market is a bit bigger
- TUSC has a Publix supermarket directly across the street; SW is a bit more of a drive (but really only a couple minutes, still quite close)
- Mini movie theater at SW; not sure if TUSC has one.
- Parking leaves a bit to be desired at both spots, but I agree that at TUSC, you have less of a chance of getting a space right in front of your building.
There are lots of people here who can add to and correct what I've started here!