• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC NYC Locations

Reaction score
I have been to both West 57 Street and The Residences Club HGVC locations and really liked them both.

I would say that TRC felt more like a hotel and was way more crowded than W 57 St, but would be happy staying at both. Also, it seemed that there were more aggressive offers for owner update (or did you get your discount card) tours at TRC over W 57 and that was a little annoying.

Does anyone know when The Quinn or The Central at 5th will open to HGVC members?

What is The Hilton Club at the Hilton Midtown and why can only owners book there. How many rooms are there?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
As to why only owners can book at The Hilton Club it's because those are the rules for that property. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Agree with you on W57. Feels more like a second home/fractional vs. a hotel. Central and 5th should be open soon because they are selling units. I was told that Quin would be a long roll out.

You can trade Hilton Club at times via RCI exchanges but I believe it would require booking a week.

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
As to why only owners can book at The Hilton Club it's because those are the rules for that property. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers.
I was able to book 8 nights last summer at the Hilton Club without owning there thru RCI.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Agree with you on W57. Feels more like a second home/fractional vs. a hotel. Central and 5th should be open soon because they are selling units. I was told that Quin would be a long roll out.

You can trade Hilton Club at times via RCI exchanges but would require booking book a week.

It’s generally available through RCI Points so any number of nights (depending on availability) up to 21 nights.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
What does 67.000 RCI points equate to HGVC points ? Or does it depend resort you are trading in ? During club season I can trade 5000 Scotland points into a week at W 57th (borrow 250 pts from somewhere else)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
What does 67.000 RCI points equate to HGVC points ? Or does it depend resort you are trading in ? During club season I can trade 5000 Scotland points into a week at W 57th (borrow 250 pts from somewhere else)

HGVC has a fixed exchange rate for RCI exchanges (see table below).
Number of ClubPoints Required for RCI exchanges
13043211824_86f95c533a_b.jpg
NOTE: Some areas are Red Season only year round (such as Hawaii, Florida, Nevada, NYC) while other areas support all three seasons (such as the Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Montana, Tennessee)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to book 8 nights last summer at the Hilton Club without owning there thru RCI.

Yes, indeed. As others have already said. The question, as I understand it, was abou booking via HGVC, That cannot be done unless one is an owner.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
+1 It does seem strange. Hilton Club was the first property and they had policies that they discontinued such as RTU, and the reservation policies they have today. Much of it is dictated by deeds and RTU conditions so it would be difficult to change the rules.

Hilton Club owners can trade via RCI so these are owner deposits and leftover days not taken by owners I presume. This is probably why there is more availability in RCI because HGVC club cannot pick up excess inventory.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
seems strange that you can book Hilton Club via RCI but not HGVC

The Hilton Club New York was launched as a separate product.

Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. manages and operates two club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Club and The Hilton Club.

The Hilton Club New York currently has 127 units which are located on the 36th, 37th and 38th floors of the Hilton New York Hotel (link)

From an old 2002 press release (link)

Hilton New York Converting Two Floors to
78 Vacation Ownership Units
New Urban Vacation Ownership Product: The Hilton Club
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - April 16, 2002 -- Hilton Hotels Corporation today announced the launch of a new urban vacation ownership product, The Hilton Club(TM), the first of which is scheduled to open December 2002 in Manhattan's Hilton New York hotel.

The Hilton Club concept establishes a distinctive new niche in the vacation ownership industry by incorporating a spectacular urban setting and a collection of high-end services and exclusive travel privileges tailored for Members Only.

The Hilton Club - New York is currently under development as the flagship property in the new Hilton Club Collection(TM), and will be located on two designated floors of the Hilton New York at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Each of the 78 planned studio; one-and two-bedroom accommodations will feature beautiful decor and a host of exclusive amenities. Pre-opening sales are slated to begin in Summer 2002. The Hilton Club will be managed by Hilton Grand Vacations Company, LLC (HGVC), and guest services will be provided in conjunction with the Hilton New York. Units of varying size will be available at prices ranging from $20,000 to $100,000.

"The Hilton Club clearly establishes a new level of synergy between vacation ownership and hotel lodging by enhancing existing company assets, while providing Club Members with unprecedented advantages of combined hospitality," said Antoine Dagot, president and CEO of HGVC.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
+1 It does seem strange. Hilton Club was the first property and they had policies that they discontinued such as RTU, and the reservation policies they have today. Much of it is dictated by deeds and RTU conditions so it would be difficult to change the rules.

Hilton Club owners can trade via RCI so these are owner deposits and leftover days not taken by owners I presume. This is probably why there is more availability in RCI because HGVC club cannot pick up excess inventory.
If those are owner deposits there are some stupid HCNY owners with money to burn. Any trade in RCI is a down trade for HCNY points.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It could also be the owners use other than points trades, again not the best use of points, but people could do it.

By other than points trade would mean converting to Hilton Honors points, or using other partners where you trade points for some discount, or a cruise exchange.

Since Hilton Club owners get 50 HH points for each bHC point, then I can see some owners might be doing that. Once converted, then Hilton has a choice to with what to do with some of those weeks. They could put them for direct rental on hilton.com website or they could decide to put some into RCI. Who knows.

I have a bHC the District, in Washington DC booked through RCI. I have a week at W57th in NYC, booked via SFX. Neither of these are available to me yet as an HGVC member, but I have them booked now.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
It could also be the owners use other than points trades, again not the best use of points, but people could do it.

By other than points trade would mean converting to Hilton Honors points, or using other partners where you trade points for some discount, or a cruise exchange.

Since Hilton Club owners get 50 HH points for each bHC point, then I can see some owners might be doing that. Once converted, then Hilton has a choice to with what to do with some of those weeks. They could put them for direct rental on hilton.com website or they could decide to put some into RCI. Who knows.

I have a bHC the District, in Washington DC booked through RCI. I have a week at W57th in NYC, booked via SFX. Neither of these are available to me yet as an HGVC member, but I have them booked now.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe when an owner converts bHC points to HH, HGVC puts them on direct rental on Hilton.com where they can make serious rental money. What they would get from RCI would be much less. Any bHC availability on RCI would come from an owner exchanging thru RCI so HGVC must give up a week in return.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It is also possible that HCNY owners are trading for other HGVC club for other NYC, the District, Hawaii or Italy or Portugal which provide good value. This could create excess inventory for RCI because that inventory is not available to HGVC club. Sounds a bit crazy but when HCNY was sold no real "club" existed.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

You need to look in the RCI handbook for that, but since its old and not really updated the point requirements are actually higher today, compared to back then.

67.000 RCI can't be compared to HGVC and it sometimes will give you ie. 1 week at Disney in a 1br and then you have some points to spare, other times the points dont cover the point costs for exchanging. HGVC will always be 3.400 for a 1br no matter the location - I know the point range are supposed to vary for different seasons in RCI when using HGVC points, but I have never seen that - maybe I haven't looked closely enough.

67.000 points will cover 5 maybe 6 nights at Hilton Club new york when you book through RCI. The point cost is roughly 75-80.000 RCI points for a week in a studio in Hilton Club new york.

HOWEVER if you use your HGVC points to book Hilton Club new york or West57 through RCI you get away with only paying 2.400 HGVC point as that is the point requirement for a studio through RCI. On top you will pay the $209 points exchange fee.

So IF you know your dates 9-10 months in advance and only need a studio then booking NYC through RCI using your HGVC points can be a good deal - but have in mind you CAN'T change the dates after booking - if you cancel you loose your exchange fee.

Prior to becoming an West57 owner, we booked West57 and Hilton Club using RCI but with the risk of not getting your dates and the need to know exactly when to go 9-10months in advance we decided to just buy West 57 and we have enjoyed it ever since and now we get to book all room sizes.

Normally HGVC owners can't book HGVC properties unless we are 9 months out but everyone else can as inventory is deposited much earlier. In this case HGVC NYC inventory is deposited within the HGVC booking window for RCI or maybe the booking window does not apply to HGVC NYC.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hilton Club New York was launched as a separate product.

Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. manages and operates two club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Club and The Hilton Club.

The Hilton Club New York currently has 127 units which are located on the 36th, 37th and 38th floors of the Hilton New York Hotel (link)

From an old 2002 press release (link)

Hilton New York Converting Two Floors to
78 Vacation Ownership Units
New Urban Vacation Ownership Product: The Hilton Club
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - April 16, 2002 -- Hilton Hotels Corporation today announced the launch of a new urban vacation ownership product, The Hilton Club(TM), the first of which is scheduled to open December 2002 in Manhattan's Hilton New York hotel.

The Hilton Club concept establishes a distinctive new niche in the vacation ownership industry by incorporating a spectacular urban setting and a collection of high-end services and exclusive travel privileges tailored for Members Only.

The Hilton Club - New York is currently under development as the flagship property in the new Hilton Club Collection(TM), and will be located on two designated floors of the Hilton New York at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Each of the 78 planned studio; one-and two-bedroom accommodations will feature beautiful decor and a host of exclusive amenities. Pre-opening sales are slated to begin in Summer 2002. The Hilton Club will be managed by Hilton Grand Vacations Company, LLC (HGVC), and guest services will be provided in conjunction with the Hilton New York. Units of varying size will be available at prices ranging from $20,000 to $100,000.

"The Hilton Club clearly establishes a new level of synergy between vacation ownership and hotel lodging by enhancing existing company assets, while providing Club Members with unprecedented advantages of combined hospitality," said Antoine Dagot, president and CEO of HGVC.

The 2002 Hilton club is RTU for 30 years. Most of them expired in 2032. The RTU is by units points converted to Hilton Honor points is 25/1. The deeded New NYC Hilton club is perpetual. It is by points not by unit all points are equal. You use less points in non platinum season. You can convert any fraction of points to Hilton honer point for the following year at 50/1. The new NYC Hilton club existed about the same time as nyc residence club. Only residence club can convert following years points 50/1 to Honor points by the whole contract not part of it. New NYC Hilton club was sold a few years ago the same price as residence club @ about $9 per point.

Also, I thought Hilton bought back with all the RTU for 30 years contract by offering the original purchased price. Unless owner refuse to sell, I don’t know if there is still RTU owners out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Actually W 57th can convert full year to HH at 50:1.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The 2002 Hilton club is RTU for 30 years. Most of them expired in 2032. The RTU is by units points converted to Hilton Honor points is 25/1. The deeded New NYC Hilton club is perpetual. It is by points not by unit all points are equal. You use less points in non platinum season. You can convert any fraction of points to Hilton honer point for the following year at 50/1. The new NYC Hilton club existed about the same time as nyc residence club. Only residence club can convert following years points 50/1 to Honor points by the whole contract not part of it. New NYC Hilton club was sold a few years ago the same price as residence club @ about $9 per point.

Also, I thought Hilton bought back with all the RTU for 30 years contract by offering the original purchased price. Unless owner refuse to sell, I don’t know if there is still RTU owners out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the buy back offers were reported on TUG from 2014 through 2016 (threads: 2014, 2015 and 2016). I see that you took advantage of that offer as well ;)

Yes, RTU owners still exist. Seagila reported one last month on the ROFR sticky - https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/rofr-exercised-passed.253426/post-2384325

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Actually W 57th can convert full year to HH at 50:1.
Yes W57 can convert 50:1 but it has to be the whole allotment of points. For HCNY, you can convert any fraction of your points at any time to 50:1. There is also no cleaning fee or minimum night stay. Also, has studio, 1 & 2 bedrooms. For that reason, I converted my contracts to HCNY. But MF are $0.30 per point, so the points are definitely more expensive. So if you buy in, I would recommend buying a cheap MF contract resale as a trader. Not worth using your HCNY points at Orlando or Vegas.

Sean

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes W57 can convert 50:1 but it has to be the whole allotment of points. For HCNY, you can convert any fraction of your points at any time to 50:1. There is also no cleaning fee or minimum night stay.

W. 57th also has no minimum night stay but, as you say, the cleaning fee does kick in for stays of fewer than 4 nights. At the moment, I have two abutting stays at W. 57h, one for 3 nights, one for a single night (made sense at the time to book that way). Will try to get them to stitch into a single 4-night stay to avoid the fee :)

Cheers.