• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC new loyalty tiers for direct owners

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
For AI on reservation fees just paid to enroll a bHC deed and for around $120 more in club dues I don't pay any reservation fees also. That saves me $1K a year at least...and the cost was the closing and enrollment fee. Probably saved myself $6300 compared to signing up for max.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

trippka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection, Diamond Resorts Cabo Azul Collection, Grand Colorado Peak 8, Grand Timber Lodge, Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Vidanta, Westin Lagunamar, Palace Resorts, Hard Rock, Marriott Aruba Surf, Marriott Kauai Beach
7)Guaranteed late checkout with Centum which is not currently guaranteed with Elite Premier
Just FYI, the Centum "guaranteed" late checkout isn't generally available where I stay. There is some fine print "if available" or some such words. With limited cleaning staff and very full resorts, I haven't been able to get a late checkout in the DRI places I stay in the last couple of years.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just FYI, the Centum "guaranteed" late checkout isn't generally available where I stay. There is some fine print "if available" or some such words. With limited cleaning staff and very full resorts, I haven't been able to get a late checkout in the DRI places I stay in the last couple of years.

Sounds very similar to Bonvoy Elite late checkout benefit. Every time I have requested late checkout they have found a reason not to offer it. Empty benefit.

trippka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection, Diamond Resorts Cabo Azul Collection, Grand Colorado Peak 8, Grand Timber Lodge, Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Vidanta, Westin Lagunamar, Palace Resorts, Hard Rock, Marriott Aruba Surf, Marriott Kauai Beach
Sounds very similar to Bonvoy Elite late checkout benefit. Every time I have requested late checkout they have found a reason not to offer it. Empty benefit.
Yes, my experience as well. In a remote Courtyard, or some such property, OK, it works. Otherwise, they are very quick with reasons. I am Marriott Titanium level.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander
My last presentation was few weeks ago and they said they are eliminating option for 7k buy in (though not sure whether I believe them) and only option was for me to purchase 7,000 pts Kalia tower for $30k…. Walked. Overall they seem condescending and waste of time. If you do decide to go, however, let us know what you find out.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
My last presentation was few weeks ago and they said they are eliminating option for 7k buy in (though not sure whether I believe them) and only option was for me to purchase 7,000 pts Kalia tower for $30k…. Walked. Overall they seem condescending and waste of time. If you do decide to go, however, let us know what you find out.
The CEO just stated that they will roll out the 7k later this year. So, I would trust that over sales weasels.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Salesman say a lot of things to get you to buy. Very rarely is it completely true. They have been saying for years that resale buyers won’t be able to use points or even trade in RCI. They have all given a minimum number to purchase to get into Max anywhere from $13000 to $45000, none of which is true.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
So what is happening with DeX?

Pennygodwin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Kohala Suites, HGVC Flamingo, WorldMark, Marriott (manage), Orange Lake (manage), HGVC, Las Vegas (manage)
@MattnTricia are you sure that they will allow HGVC Elite to go straight across to Max Centum for $7k? What if they require buying all new Max points?

I can get to Sedona using RCI or Interval, or cash on the hotel web sites. Sure, the sales people will try scare tactics that those deposits will dry up, I'll deal with that if it happens.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk
I agree with your comment 100% and was thinking the exact same thing. I just went to a presentation this week, and took a look at all of the Diamond properties and their locations. I can say that I've seen most of them listed on RCI or Interval very inexpensively. Several have shown up in my free interval accommodations certificates that are placed in my account. I like the idea of not having the reservation and guest fees, and getting to book ahead of others I suppose, but beyond that, I cannot see why I'd spend $12,500 to "upgrade" from my current unit, to join the new program, of which there are no absolutes. And, even if there were, the old program is functioning perfectly fine for me. I'll stick with booking my inexpensive getaways through interval or last call through RCI. You can really get some steals if you are flexible, and I am. And I think the statement by the salesperson to me of "you won't be able to find the inventory like you have in the past with these additional Diamond resorts". Well, I'll believe that when I see that. I've been lied to so many times at timeshare presentations, I only choose to believe about half of anything that they say. Time shall tell all.

Pennygodwin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Kohala Suites, HGVC Flamingo, WorldMark, Marriott (manage), Orange Lake (manage), HGVC, Las Vegas (manage)
Salesman say a lot of things to get you to buy. Very rarely is it completely true. They have been saying for years that resale buyers won’t be able to use points or even trade in RCI. They have all given a minimum number to purchase to get into Max anywhere from $13000 to $45000, none of which is true.
I've heard those lies as well at the presentations. I was told it would be a minimum buy in after the program was fully launched. I believe they said (choke) $40000. And that they are making all of the maintenance fees equal (???). Just how they plan on doing that I'd like to know. Not only that, in the new program they will only be selling trust points they told me. And "now and right now only" you can also put your deeded property into the new program but after it launches you wont be. What a crock of it! So many lies.... I'm looking forward to seeing them all unfold one by one.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander
I've heard those lies as well at the presentations. I was told it would be a minimum buy in after the program was fully launched. I believe they said (choke) $40000. And that they are making all of the maintenance fees equal (???). Just how they plan on doing that I'd like to know. Not only that, in the new program they will only be selling trust points they told me. And "now and right now only" you can also put your deeded property into the new program but after it launches you wont be. What a crock of it! So many lies.... I'm looking forward to seeing them all unfold one by one.

That's the other issue... sounds like Max / diamond will be a flat MF, but legacy deed owners have our legacy MFs,... but the new MFs will be much higher. Right now I'm paying $0.07 -- $0.10 / point. heard max might end up being $0.22... but when you look at their "benefits" for the loyalty program, some are allowing you to buy additional points for as high as $0.30 / point... way too expensive, and not exactly enticing me to join.
benefit of legacy is that since we are deed owners, our HOAs determine our MFs, and they can't touch that.

The reason the new MFs for Max will be so high, (speculating), is that they just spent 1.5 Billion on buying Diamond, so you're literally paying them back for their horrible investment.

but yeah, on top of the lies, these sales people are arrogant and condescending.. I don't want to be called an "illegitimate member" because I didn't buy direct through them. especially since we are deed owners. we own real property. and not only is the amount that I paid none of their business, but also that amount is more than they think the property is even worth, since they passed on their right of first refusal. I'm like, if you're really selling these "all day every day", you're a real f*in moron to waive your ROFR. But of course that is a lie as well.

The other interesting play is they are trying to sell us crap inventory that no one wants to buy (even on resale market) for us to "get into Max." that almost proves that this has no value... their game plan was to buy a 1.5 billion vacation club just to trick people to buy up their unsold inventory that's been sitting around that nobody wants? sounds like a horrible business plan.

also the decision that the 7k buy-in isn't available to resale buyers is equally absurd. it's certainly not rational. if it's rational / profitable for them to sell a "max membership" to one HGVC member, it doesn't make sense that they can't sell it to another, just because I didn't buy my property direct through them.. Ahh... unless the reward tiers / max privileges are solely linked to "properties bought directly from us." then that might explain it some...

But the other point: what is the offer they are making to DRI members to get into Max from the Diamond side (i.e., having available the core HGVC resorts)? none of the DRI members "bought directly from Hilton." So are they required to make an additional purchase to get into this program as well? Or can they all just do a 7k buy in?

really crazy that they spent 1.5B without having a clear business plan on how to monetize / deploy this.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@johnnyrocket237 Welcome to the timeshare business circa 2022. Recycling acquired timeshares (rather than building new resorts) and dumping crap weeks into high MF trusts to sell as points is the new business model. This is MVCs model (Marriott, Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt) and AFAIK Wyndham's model as well.

At least Hilton is still selling deeds and honoring resales. MVC has stopped selling deeds and only sells trust points. Unhappy? take a look at HGVC competitors and how well they treat resale buyers. You might realize that HGVC is not so bad.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I only choose to believe about half of anything that they say.
Half? You're very easy on them...

and not only is the amount that I paid none of their business

It is their business because of ROFR. You're required to disclose it when selling your property. ;)

Note: It's not the resort that is condescending to you. Resort employees are paid by your HOA from your MFs. It's the salespeople (that includes people disguised as "concierge") employed by HGVCorp (not your HOA) that may be condescending. If you don't like them, don't talk to them. Don't engage with them, hang up right away (don't even talk), block their numbers, disconnect your hotel phone, and don't attend any presentations. Then enjoy your vacation. There's too many complaints from people who engage with salespeople out of their free will. It's like answering questions from the police. You don't have to. It's your choice.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... Salespeople... disguised as "concierge") employed by HGV Corp (not your HOA)...

Sometimes, you can't avoid contact with a sales-weasel. It's almost funny how, when checking-in, you're sent to the "concierge" to sign your parking pass, and they offer you a presentation/update. At my last check-in, after asking me what I owned and knowing that their product was inferior, he gave up quickly. "Well, I can offer you... but you're probably not interested."

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Half? You're very easy on them...

It is their business because of ROFR. You're required to disclose it when selling your property. ;)

Note: It's not the resort that is condescending to you. Resort employees are paid by your HOA from your MFs. It's the salespeople (that includes people disguised as "concierge") employed by HGVCorp (not your HOA) that may be condescending. If you don't like them, don't talk to them. Don't engage with them, hang up right away (don't even talk), block their numbers, disconnect your hotel phone, and don't attend any presentations. Then enjoy your vacation. There's too many complaints from people who engage with salespeople out of their free will. It's like answering questions from the police. You don't have to. It's your choice.

You make a good point about sales people disguised as "concierge" who are paid by HGVCorp not the HOA. I am not sure that is how all HGVC locations operate but that is how the ones in Honolulu do. The concierge job is to make activity reservations which is selling an activity. Selling activities and selling timeshare presentations. Well timeshare presentations are an activity aren't they?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just returned from Waikoloa. First week was RCI reservation at Bay Club, checked in at Kohala front desk. Sent to concierge for a parking pass, she handed it over without a word about a sales update. Second week we moved to Kingsland club points booking. I pulled up into the driveway and the valet brought me a parking pass, wrote the rental car license plate on it, no dates. Checked in with no mention of an update, I even spoke to the concierge desk about the golf rates.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk