• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Merging Accounts - and a Fail

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two HGVC accounts for two ownership weeks. My original account for for an affiliate in Scotland, and later I added a native week at Flamingo. As many of you know, this has always required separate HGVC accounts. I would normally call each year to get points moved from the Scotland account to the Flamingo account, and use Flamingo for all my reservations.

Suddenly about 2 weeks ago, I couldn't log into my Flamingo account. Logging into my Scotland account showed that it contained all the points from both accounts.

I just got off the phone with membership services (hold time approx 20 minutes). They told me that they decided to merge accounts for those of us with Scotland and US accounts. It wasn't clear if they were doing it just for Scotland, or for all affiliates. But indeed, I now have just one account with all the points and owner contracts. Curiously, I can only pay the MF for Flamingo through that account. The Scotland MF request still comes via international mail (just received it the other day).

I told them that the change is good (I like managing all points from one place), but it sure would have been nice to get some kind of notice, other than having my main account get a login failure. They claimed that they had sent email, but I never received it (no, it's not in a spam folder somewhere). That's when they told me that apparently there's one guy somewhere sending all the emails by hand. Another fail for their crack IS team :hysterical:

Overall, I like the change. But I'm still mystified that HGVC can't handle computers as well as your average 14 year old :wall:

(Oh - and I can't set up the now-active account to use my old user name. It reports that the name is in use, though I can't get to that account).

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Sounds like a positive change overall, but I would have expected some notice of the pending change.

An email would have been cheap information, vs. your lengthy call to Customer Service..

jestme

Reaction score
I have two HGVC accounts for two ownership weeks. My original account for for an affiliate in Scotland, and later I added a native week at Flamingo. As many of you know, this has always required separate HGVC accounts. I would normally call each year to get points moved from the Scotland account to the Flamingo account, and use Flamingo for all my reservations.

Suddenly about 2 weeks ago, I couldn't log into my Flamingo account. Logging into my Scotland account showed that it contained all the points from both accounts.

I just got off the phone with membership services (hold time approx 20 minutes). They told me that they decided to merge accounts for those of us with Scotland and US accounts. It wasn't clear if they were doing it just for Scotland, or for all affiliates. But indeed, I now have just one account with all the points and owner contracts. Curiously, I can only pay the MF for Flamingo through that account. The Scotland MF request still comes via international mail (just received it the other day).

I told them that the change is good (I like managing all points from one place), but it sure would have been nice to get some kind of notice, other than having my main account get a login failure. They claimed that they had sent email, but I never received it (no, it's not in a spam folder somewhere). That's when they told me that apparently there's one guy somewhere sending all the emails by hand. Another fail for their crack IS team :hysterical:

Overall, I like the change. But I'm still mystified that HGVC can't handle computers as well as your average 14 year old :wall:

(Oh - and I can't set up the now-active account to use my old user name. It reports that the name is in use, though I can't get to that account).

Be careful you don't get charged for "international" club dues next year.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Sounds like a positive change overall, but I would have expected some notice of the pending change.
An email would have been cheap information, vs. your lengthy call to Customer Service.

Consideration for existing customers is passe.

My primary doc recently transferred from the group's main office to a satellite office in the hinterlands.
No courtesy call or letter. I was told only when I called for an appointment. Not gonn'a happen.

jestme

Reaction score

My primary doc recently transferred from the group's main office to a satellite office in the hinterlands.
No courtesy call or letter. I was told only when I called for an appointment. Not gonn'a happen.

Could be worse. It could be to a digital call center in India (Your call is very important to us.....) with guided telephone questions and auto computer diagnosis.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham

I also own a Vegas and Scotland week, but bought the Vegas week first, which in a way made the Vegas account my primary account, to which I would transfer the Scotland points.

I received the email you're referring to two weeks ago:

"Hilton Grand Vacations is pleased to confirm that your two existing Club accounts (1-xxxx & 1-xxxx) have now been combined into one inclusive Hilton Grand Vacations Club Membership. As such, you now have access to all of your Points and reservations in one convenient location under a singular membership account. To review your account information, simply login to hgvclub.com using Member number 1-xxxx.

Should you encounter any difficulties with your new merged account, please contact clubsupport@hgvc.com."

I agree this is a good move. Some HGVC agents would tell me I had to pay just one membership fee, others that I would have to pay for each account, so having just one account gives me comfort that I'll have just one one membership fee going forward.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
I own at a Scotland affiliate (Craigendarroch) and at The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort affiliate and I still seem to have two accounts so it looks like they may be only combining the Scotland affiliates if you own a non-affiliate HGVC week, but not two different affiliate weeks. I know that at Craigendarroch, HGVC also recently redeveloped part of the resort (Craigendarroch Suites) so maybe the Scotland resorts are going to be changing from "affiliate" status to full HGVC status at some point in the near future. Just a thought.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
a side effect of HGVC combining accounts was loss of my online RCI access. I called and the associate mentioned that he had seen this happen with some of the merged accounts. Should take 2 days to be fixed by RCI so if you have accounts that were recently combined you may want to check if your RCI access is still working.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village

Same thing happened to me with my primary doc - no communication, nothing. Howmdo they expect to keep patients? Or maybe this was a way to purge patients that only come once or twice a year given their workload. The average wait time for family doctors is over 30 minutes, while face-to-face time with your physician when you do get in is 8 minutes.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but hoping some of the original posters can assist.

I recently acquired a Portugal week and understand they are NOT able to have Portugal weeks on the same account as my non-affiliate resorts....so I'm in the situation some of the posters above USED to be in. I'm wondering what I need to watch out for administration wise. Main concerns initially in my head:

1) I will use the Portugal week some years and likely trade for points others...once I move points over from the Portugal week to my main account, am I able to move them back? Can I save them to the next year? Any funny restrictions I should be aware of after moving points from one account to the other?

2) Is there any chance of me getting charged TWO club fees or does HGVC has this straightened out so I don't need to worry?

I'm actually LOATHE to deal with two separate accounts, even though they're on a single log in. I hate the idea of managing the points shuffling and ANYthing extra admin I can't do online on my own (and it sounds like I'll need to call in to move the points whenever I want to). It's made me a bit down on the whole purchase....we were able to go to Vilamoura twice during COVID and really enjoyed it. I know that outside of COVID times it's very difficult to get into during the summer months so we took a punt to grab a week there.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Sorry to revive an old thread, but hoping some of the original posters can assist.

I recently acquired a Portugal week and understand they are NOT able to have Portugal weeks on the same account as my non-affiliate resorts....so I'm in the situation some of the posters above USED to be in. I'm wondering what I need to watch out for administration wise. Main concerns initially in my head:

1) I will use the Portugal week some years and likely trade for points others...once I move points over from the Portugal week to my main account, am I able to move them back? Can I save them to the next year? Any funny restrictions I should be aware of after moving points from one account to the other?

2) Is there any chance of me getting charged TWO club fees or does HGVC has this straightened out so I don't need to worry?

I'm actually LOATHE to deal with two separate accounts, even though they're on a single log in. I hate the idea of managing the points shuffling and ANYthing extra admin I can't do online on my own (and it sounds like I'll need to call in to move the points whenever I want to). It's made me a bit down on the whole purchase....we were able to go to Vilamoura twice during COVID and really enjoyed it. I know that outside of COVID times it's very difficult to get into during the summer months so we took a punt to grab a week there.

@Cyberc owns a Portugal week.

Cyberc reported one club fee in this old thread (see posts #19 thru #21).

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could be worse. It could be to a digital call center in India (Your call is very important to us.....) with guided telephone questions and auto computer diagnosis.

I'm confused. If it's a purely digital center, why does it have to be anywhere since it's all automated> You're saying that the cloud servers for he bots happen to be located in India? Interesting how one knows that (or why it matters). Bots are in the ether.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

1. there are no restrictions and you can always move points back and forth, I’ve done it a few times and no problem.

2. you will only be charged one club fee even with two accounts.

Having two accounts is only a problem(at least to me) if I need to switch forth and back between accounts.

One plus (small though) is that if you wish to use open season then if you originally had the dates booked using account 1 then you can’t book open season for that resort for the same room type but now you can switch to account 2 and you are free to book :)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
When I did have 2 separate account, they are always able to move the points into just one account, that is the account that I made all the bookings in.