• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Maui Bay Villas - pictures of 2 BR (ADA unit) + resort/pool pics (56 total)

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard

Review:

1. The room is great. Can't say a bad word about anything. It feels higher standard than a typical 2 BR. Something between a standard HGVC unit, and a unit at Elara.
2. The pool is simply fantastic. Water slide, two waterfalls (one in-pool, one decorative), multiple hot tubs, multiple pool sections, incl. toddlers.
3. Customer service is exceptional. The room was spotless. They don't have many units yet so they're in a position to provide a top-notch service. I hope this doesn't change as the resort grows. The service is as excellent as at HGVC Paradise (Las Vegas).

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
If we lived on the West coast, we’d probably look at upgrading our ownership to this resort. But alas, we live in the Midwest, and just getting to Maui is such an experience that we need a vacation after the 15 to 18 hour odyssey of a trip home, not to mention the full day of downtime necessary once we arrive. I’m afraid Hawaii for us is, at best, an EOY trip and, during the pandemic, not even a consideration. The points are just to expensive and usage would be to limited for us to consider

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
@dougp26364 Try staying overnight in California on your return home. Just figure out which California airport works well to fly in/out of based on your final destination.

For the return trip home, we started taking morning nonstop flights from Hawaii to California and staying overnight. This allowed us to get a good night‘s rest before taking a morning flight home from California to New Jersey. It has worked very well for us. This year we included a trip to Carlsbad before heading home from Hawaii.

For years, we took the long redeye flights from Hawaii and never slept well on the flights home (even in the first class flat bed seats). As we got older, jet lag was making the first week back at work tougher. So now, anytime we have a long eastbound trip, we breakup our flights.

For example, for our 2018 Spain trip, instead of taking the redeye flight from New Jersey to Barcelona, we took a morning nonstop United flight from New Jersey to London Heathrow. We stayed overnight at a Hilton airport hotel connected to the terminal at LHR. We got a good night’s rest and caught a British Airways flight that morning from London to Barcelona to join our organized bus tour.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Nowaker Thank you for sharing. This looks like a resort we would like to visit and the pools remind me of Kingsland. Very nice! i am glad there is a lanai with a table so family can sit out there and eat, play games or use our laptops for remote work when needed. This seems to fit the bill.

How private are the lanais and the bottom floor walkouts? Is it windy on the lanai?

I am surprised there is no Toto toilet since this will be sold to Asian buyers.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How private are the lanais and the bottom floor walkouts?

Front of the building, facing the parking lot is somewhat more private because there's a garden and a pond-to-be between the porches and the parking lot.

The other side is currently private because the pathway doesn't lead to any place but when the resort grows, it may become a slightly busier but I wouldn't expect a lot of traffic since the path between the two villas would only serve people from the given villas. See picture 30.

Is it windy on the lanai?

It wasn't windy at all during my stay anywhere on Oahu and Maui the last 10 days - except on the top of the mountain.

There is a Toto washlet in MBR - see picture 10. Second BR doesn't have it.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Love the photos and also to see the property all lit up at night. Thanks for taking so many and sharing them here @Nowaker What was the parking situation like there? Is it all at ground level or is there a multi-level parkade somewhere on property?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
If we lived on the West coast, we’d probably look at upgrading our ownership to this resort. But alas, we live in the Midwest, and just getting to Maui is such an experience that we need a vacation after the 15 to 18 hour odyssey of a trip home, not to mention the full day of downtime necessary once we arrive. I’m afraid Hawaii for us is, at best, an EOY trip and, during the pandemic, not even a consideration. The points are just to expensive and usage would be to limited for us to consider
We live in Denver and do what others suggested. Fly from the coast, then fly back and spend a night both ways with your free hotel nights. It is often a bargain to fly from San Jose or Oakland for us.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It's likely to be a few years before you see HGV Maui resales, they just barely have a few of the buildings open.

One of the benefits we get from the high cost of living on the best coast, 5hr flights to Hawaii :).

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It's likely to be a few years before you see HGV Maui resales
I have already seen some HGV Maui resales but the prices are still too high (probably be a couple of years before they come down to earth). It seems unbelievable to me because I wouldn't have thought that the current owners have even stayed yet at this new property.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@Nowaker Thank you for sharing. This looks like a resort we would like to visit and the pools remind me of Kingsland. Very nice! i am glad there is a lanai with a table so family can sit out there and eat, play games or use our laptops for remote work when needed. This seems to fit the bill.

How private are the lanais and the bottom floor walkouts? Is it windy on the lanai?
Think of it kinda like Kingsland. The 2nd/3rd floor lanais looked nice. We had ground floor, and it led directly out to the path you see between the occupied building and the one under construction. It felt not at all private. I suspect you need to reserve a higher level than normal 1BR for the higher floors, though I don't know.

Our 1BR had a Toto. Despite the pictograms, it didn't appear that there was a way to adjust the heating level to the seat. As it was too warm for my comfort, I unplugged it.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's likely to be a few years before you see HGV Maui resales, they just barely have a few of the buildings open.

In fact, there's exactly one residence building open (building 8), plus the checkin/clubhouse/sales building. When we were there, they indicated that one or two additional buildings will open toward the end of 2022.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we were there, they indicated that one or two additional buildings will open toward the end of 2022.

The one closer to the checkin lobby seems in a more complete state than the one across the completed villa #8.

Our 1BR had a Toto. Despite the pictograms, it didn't appear that there was a way to adjust the heating level to the seat. As it was too warm for my comfort, I unplugged it.

I think it's the "remote" that sucks. I was able to adjust pressure down but then it was stuck in low and would never go up. It simply didn't sense the pressure-up.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Looks great! However, the only issue I can see from these pics is a similar issue we have with the newer Vistana resorts…very little kitchen counter space. Otherwise, fabulous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Thank you for sharing

I think the kitchen setup is strange. There is no island or counter, just a dining table in the middle of the kitchen. Not a fan.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thank you for sharing

I think the kitchen setup is strange. There is no island or counter, just a dining table in the middle of the kitchen. Not a fan.

I didnt notice until you pointed that out about the counter space, I looked again and saw the separate stovetop taking up space. It is a very odd design for a two bedroom. It reminds me a lot of the Kingsland buildings and pools as blues pointed out.

I’m already booked for Waikoloa this year, KL and Bay Club. Doubt I will be staying at MBV any time soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing

Where is the dryer in the villa?
I can see the washer in slide #16.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dougp26364, we lived on the east coast and we can fly cheaper to Europe than we can fly to San Diego .

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Might be an issue for a fully occupied 2BR. For 2 of us in a 1BR, that table is so huge that we easily used it for prep and for eating, with no problem.

Where is the dryer in the villa?
I can see the washer in slide #16.

I noticed that in the OP's pictures too. I assume that's a washer/dryer, European style. Our 1BR had a stacked washer/dryer pair.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's an all-in-one washer/dryer because it's an ADA (wheelchair accessibility) unit. Regular units have stacked washer/dryer pair.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's an all-in-one washer/dryer because it's an ADA (wheelchair accessibility) unit. Regular units have stacked washer/dryer pair.
Wow! I have never seen an all- in-one washer/dryer in an ADA unit.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We had one in an ADA unit at the Marriott in Las Vegas. I hated it. For one, it wasn't very efficient as the drying part took forever. The other was you could only run one load at a time, making it much longer if you needed to do multiple loads.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Had one in our non-ADA unit at Borgo Al Vingne in Italy. Dryer didn't work so they provided drying racks on the back patio to dry clothes.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Wasn’t an ADA unit, but they have the all in ones at Elara. Never used it, but heard they are not very useful. I believe as part of the upgrade/remodeling at Elara, they are replacing them with the stackable units they have in other places (at least in the corner 2/3/4 bedroom units).

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

I will bet in the non-ADA units there are cabinets above the sink and they have the microwave up off the counter. Or that would make sense to me.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The ADA unit we were in at the Marriott in Las Vegas is not a unit I'd want again. Besides the all in on washer/dryer (which I already said I hated) the shower had a "no entry" meaning there was no place for the water to go except out into the bathroom. So you'd end up with a flooded bathroom every time someone took a shower.