• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Lagoon Tower....Does the Termite Problem still exist ?

qualledd

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Lagoon Tower recently, I read a thread detailing some pretty bad termite issues.

llandaff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Lagoon Tower recently, I read a thread detailing some pretty bad termite issues.

I'm in a 1-bedroom unit on the 23rd floor and no sign of termites anywhere.

Room was renovated 2 months ago with new furnishings, carpet, etc. and is perfect! :)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

I haven't seen any reports on TUG or Tripadvisor regarding termite issues at the Lagoon Tower since my Sept 2014 stay.
Knock on wood... hopefully that's good news. But then again, I'm the only one who has reported termites issues on TUG.

There was even a TUG member who stayed recently in the same penthouse room via a RCI exchange (similar to my exchange) and they reported an awesome stay. I sent a private message to the Tugger to see if they encountered any termite issue but never received a response.

Also saw this Tripadvisor review from someone in Texas dated June 20, 2015
“HGVC Lagoon Tower”
Overall a great experience. Close to the beach, lagoon, and pool. Close proximity to Tapas Bar, shopping, restaurants etc. We are timeshare owners since 2005 and love the Hilton Hawaiian Village's self-contained amenities. Last year we had a termite problem, sliding doors that would not close so A/C stays on, and a water main break that cost us two days of inactivity.This year no such problems but couch was missing cushions and things in our penthouse suite were somewhat shopworn. The new room service menu choices and provider was disappointing! Other on-site eating and dining choices are great alternatives such as Tabletop Pizza, CJ's Deli, Benihana, Tapas Bar, and close proximity but offsite Red Lobster.
The good news is that they are doing a top-down 10 year renovation of the Lagoon Tower. The staff has always been friendly and accommodating to us over the last 9 years. Love it and would recommend it to others.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...n_Hawaiian_Village-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html#

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I sent a private message to the Tugger to see if they encountered any termite issue but never received a response.

I hope you get a response, because that is relevant information for all of us. I hope the termite issue has been addressed.

Best,

Greg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We were at lagoon tower 3br penthouse this past august. This was Don Ho's old apartment which was the 3br on the right side facing the ocean. I can tell you there was no problem with termites unlike the last time we stayed there. We were one of the last to stay there before the renovations. They were starting from the top down.

Also if you get a 2br penthouse request the unit that is NOT next to elevators. The master bedroom is under the elevator equipment. Even if you are a heavy sleeper you will hear the whine of the motors and the loud clicking sounds of the switching equipment. I have had the unlucky recipient of this room twice! And this is using hgvc and not an rci trade. When i walked into the room for the second time, i realized our predicament. I went back down and asked if i could get any other 2br. I mean any 2br low floor, loading dock view any other room just so i wouldn't be in there but nothing was available.We stayed in that room for 7 nights and i ended up sleeping on the living room couch because it was so bad.

Sorry i donot have room numbers as i donot keep a record of all our stays. But we have been lucky to stay in 4 different penthouse units over there years and have been in them a few times each. Hope this helps everylone.

On another note, does any one else notice that the floor slopes toward the center near the kitchen in either of the 3br oceanfront penthouse units? It feels really bad to me and i also feel it in the master bedroom upstairs. I swear that it does but my wife says i must be imagining it.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
We were at lagoon tower 3br penthouse this past august. This was Don Ho's old apartment which was the 3br on the right side facing the ocean. I can tell you there was no problem with termites unlike the last time we stayed there. We were one of the last to stay there before the renovations. They were starting from the top down.

You wrote "unlike the last time we stayed there".
What happened the previous time you stayed there?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
There were termites but it was mainly in the kitchen area. Was not a swarm of them probably about 20 of them flying around. There were a lot of wings on the ground and countertop though.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
There were termites but it was mainly in the kitchen area. Was not a swarm of them probably about 20 of them flying around. There were a lot of wings on the ground and countertop though.

I think if they were flying around that indicates a serious termite problem existed. Usually they are invisible to the normal observer until the problem gets serious.