• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Just paid $19.5k. If rescinded, do we lose all the “benefits”(March 2020)

Cdntravel

Reaction score
Hey all,

Like so many on here, we attended the sales presentation for HGVC and bought. It was low pressure and financially it made sense to us. But everyone gets buyer remorse on much smaller purchases so it got me thinking and I started researching, hence landing here!

I’m all for rescinding our contract and purchasing through resale.

What we’re wondering about is - do we lose all the additional “one-time benefits” if we purchase through resale.
Our package included:
$19,500
- 4800 biennial points
- 7000 bonus points
- 2 week dream vacation for $85 (no points needed from my understanding and can be used anywhere) - must be used within 4 years
- unlimited last call weekly bookings for $269-$319 (1 bed - 3 bed units) - no points necessary

What was appealing to us was the unlimited last call. We take multiple 3-5 day trips throughout the year and maybe 1-2 week long trips. Our sales rep advised us to use our points for the shorter stays and to use the unlimited last call feature for our week long stays.

They also mentioned we could book multiple rooms at the same resort using this “last call” feature. This was attractive to us for being able to invite family and friends. Or, as our lives allow us to travel even more, book a 3-4 week stay somewhere and simply pay the $269-$319/week fee.

Our thinking was that it limits us to HGVC and RCI properties but for the savings per night or per week, would be worth it to us in the long run. Typically we book hotels or AirBnB when traveling.

So if we rescind....do we “lose” all that.
Did we get sold a bill of goods and it will be impossible for us to use it the way we understand it?

Thank you all for your input!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
You don’t get the 7k bonus points or the $85 dream vacation with resale.. With resale, you do get the last call sales with RCI for $100/year membership.

Rescind. 7k points plus $85 dream vacation not worth $19.5k.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Rescind and research. You’ll have endless opportunities to buy from HGVC directly and only one chance to rescind.

The timeshare sales folks are known to stretch the truth to make the sale. :rolleyes:

Since you attended a HGVC sales presentation see this thread

Good Luck and Welcome to TUG :hi:

Cdntravel

Reaction score
Thank you @Grammarhero and @alwysonvac. That’s the info I was looking for.

The “last calls” are very intriguing for us if it’s possible to actually find availability.

I know we’ll lose the bonus points and the dream vacation bonus but for $19.5k I’m sure I can buy more points than that in the resale market.

Will be doing more research. Made the deal in Orlando on March 7 and contract states we have 10 days to cancel it.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Hey all,

Like so many on here, we attended the sales presentation for HGVC and bought. It was low pressure and financially it made sense to us. But everyone gets buyer remorse on much smaller purchases so it got me thinking and I started researching, hence landing here!

What we’re wondering about is - do we lose all the additional “one-time benefits” if we purchase through resale.
Our package included:
$19,500
- 4800 biennial points
- 7000 bonus points
- 2 week dream vacation for $85 (no points needed from my understanding and can be used anywhere) - must be used within 4 years
- unlimited last call weekly bookings for $269-$319 (1 bed - 3 bed units) - no points necessary

What was appealing to us was the unlimited last call. We take multiple 3-5 day trips throughout the year and maybe 1-2 week long trips. Our sales rep advised us to use our points for the shorter stays and to use the unlimited last call feature for our week long stays.

They also mentioned we could book multiple rooms at the same resort using this “last call” feature. This was attractive to us for being able to invite family and friends. Or, as our lives allow us to travel even more, book a 3-4 week stay somewhere and simply pay the $269-$319/week fee.

Our thinking was that it limits us to HGVC and RCI properties but for the savings per night or per week, would be worth it to us in the long run. Typically we book hotels or AirBnB when traveling.

Did we get sold a bill of goods and it will be impossible for us to use it the way we understand it?

Everyone is right. Rescind. Here is a list of HGVC timeshares today.

2d90b46c2963f299af9d558b295fa8c9.jpg

And this is just a few of them. I think this alone gives you 19 k reasons to RUN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
@Grammarhero is right. Unlimited last calls available at RCI. Also, remember last calls are usually Vegas in July and Montana in December. The odd time you get lucky. Did you get this 85 dollar special written in your contract? How about all other promises? If not, they don’t provide if it’s not in the contract. Words are worthless.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Agree with everyone else. Only change is that with HGVC your RCI membership is already included in the Club fee so there is no extra charge for the RCI membership.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Before you do anything else, you need to write that rescission letter, have everyone who signed the contract sign the letter, and get it mailed with USPS certified mail. Keep a copy of your rescission letter and the receipt from the post office. The date you mail the letter is the key here--it must be done within the time specified in your contract. It may take up to 45 days to see a refund on your credit card, but it usually is sooner. They don't have to send you an acknowledgment of your rescission and you may or may not hear from them (best not to answer the phone anyway), but they do have to refund all your money if you rescind in time.

After that's done, then start your research. That deal you were offered will still be there if you decide it's the best you can do, but you have just this one chance to rescind. Don't miss it!

Cdntravel

Reaction score

The “last calls” are very intriguing for us if it’s possible to actually find availability.

I know we’ll lose the bonus points and the dream vacation bonus but for $19.5k I’m sure I can buy more points than that in the resale market.

Will be doing more research. Made the deal in Orlando on March
@Grammarhero is right. Unlimited last calls available at RCI. Also, remember last calls are usually Vegas in July and Montana in December. The odd time you get lucky. Did you get this 85 dollar special written in your contract? How about all other promises? If not, they don’t provide if it’s not in the contract. Words are worthless.

The $85 dream vacation is in writing. It’s 2 weeks at any HGVC property, no black out dates. That may be a great deal but for $19,500 it can’t be THAT good.

Cdntravel

Reaction score
Before you do anything else, you need to write that rescission letter, have everyone who signed the contract sign the letter, and get it mailed with USPS certified mail. Keep a copy of your rescission letter and the receipt from the post office. The date you mail the letter is the key here--it must be done within the time specified in your contract. It may take up to 45 days to see a refund on your credit card, but it usually is sooner. They don't have to send you an acknowledgment of your rescission and you may or may not hear from them (best not to answer the phone anyway), but they do have to refund all your money if you rescind in time.

After that's done, then start your research. That deal you were offered will still be there if you decide it's the best you can do, but you have just this one chance to rescind. Don't miss it!

Thank you Karen. I agree with you that we only have this 1 chance to rescind. My family has owned timeshare for years....my grandfather at one point owned 32 weeks. Lol (lots of family that would be staying during the same time period).

Now they can’t get rid of the timeshare and can barely give it away. I am not interested in their week based timeshare....but the point system sounds very intriguing and we can travel off-season (actually prefer too as we avoid the huge crowds) so I think the “last call” feature of RCI would be very beneficial for us!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't get all that jazzed over Last Calls. Yes, they exist, but think ski resorts in mud season, or beach resorts in February. Or rooms facing the dumpsters or parking lots or above the disco. We've had some nice ones, just be sure you join TUG ($15) so you get access to the reviews and can compare available resorts.

Get that rescission letter written and in the US Mail Certified. Then you can dream of where to spend that $19,500!

Jim

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

Will be doing more research. Made the deal in Orlando on March

The $85 dream vacation is in writing. It’s 2 weeks at any HGVC property, no black out dates. That may be a great deal but for $19,500 it can’t be THAT good.

That’s good it’s in writing. You can rent many a condo thru here, Redweek, Airbnb for 19 k. Plus, you have wide choices of accommodations, can capitalize on deals and still can acquire points getting an eBay deal for a dollar if you want. I have even seen Tuggers giving away an incredible week for free and throwing in transfer fees.

Keep your 19 k. Cash Is King. Rescind today! You won’t regret it. Karen is right. You only have one chance.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Oh, and check out timesharenation.com. If you scour, you will score better than your retail for FREE.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
You don't need more research until after you rescind...

George

Good point! Frankly, renting without a timeshare is my way to go. Oops...did I say that?

Note to self..Timeshare Users Group....Timeshare Users Group.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Our package included:
$19,500
- 4800 biennial points
- 7000 bonus points

DON'T THINK TWICE. Rescind immediately. You can go back and buy again if you really want, but I think once you do your homework then you will decide to buy on the resale market.

Right now we are having a financial meltdown going on out there; if this lasts any length of time then this will be reflected in lower prices of just about anything. With that said, get out now while you still can, put your hands in your pocket and hold on tight. No telling what the future really holds......

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
DON'T THINK TWICE. Rescind immediately. You can go back and buy again if you really want, but I think once you do your homework then you will decide to buy on the resale market.

Right now we are having a financial meltdown going on out there; if this lasts any length of time then this will be reflected in lower prices of just about anything. With that said, get out now while you still can, put your hands in your pocket and hold on tight. No telling what the future really holds......

Well said...

Cash is King...

Errr..maybe toilet paper is at the moment.

Naw, Cash is still king.

Rescind now.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Made the deal in Orlando...

So that probably means that you want to have something in Orlando or you plan to vacation there often. If that is the case, you might want to look at the option of renting first. It allows you to "try before you buy". As well, in Orlando, there are always many rentals available and often for less than what an owner would pay in MFs, just check out TUG's Last Minute Rental section to see my point.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone with an RCI membership gets unlimited Last Calls. FWIW, there was never anything in Last Calls that I wanted to use in the several years of membership that I had. You won't find Hilton type properties in there. They are more full of the types of timeshares that sell for $1. on Ebay If that's your jam, you can pick up any of those for a $1., buy an RCI membership and have unlimited access.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Just got an email at redweek.

There is a smorgasbord of smokin deals for rentals.

Many of these are for rent for a fraction of MF.

Lots of selection.

jmbarnes101

Reaction score
I’ve had some pretty good luck with Last Call in Branson having taken my daughters there the past two years, last April and this June. I’ve seen Wyndhams and such for various areas along with others that aren’t as good. Mileage may vary. But as the others have said rescind that contract and look resale.

*sorry, just realized this thread was from March*

Last edited:

Clintshare

Reaction score
We have used RCI last call a number of times. Even for Gold Crown stuff. Last call pricing has crept up over the years. 199 a week is now mid 200 a week'
secret is "off season" or "shoulder season". EG. Vegas in July when it's 117 degrees :)
Some good deals when your last call price is half of your annual maintenance.

jmbarnes101

Reaction score
We have used RCI last call a number of times. Even for Gold Crown stuff. Last call pricing has crept up over the years. 199 a week is now mid 200 a week'
secret is "off season" or "shoulder season". EG. Vegas in July when it's 117 degrees :)
Some good deals when your last call price is half of your annual maintenance.
I just looked yesterday and their were 8 pages. Suites were $199, 1-BR were $219, and 2-BR were $269. They’ve lowered prices a bit for those willing to travel this Sept/Oct. I can’t pull my kids and no one I know wants to travel so I can’t take advantage of it.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a time when we had great Last Call vacations from RCI but nothing in the past 15 years. I use to always keep an ongoing search but then we stopped getting access to Gold Crown resorts. There was a time when HGVC would only let their members trade into Gold Crown resorts and nothing less. I haven’t been offered a Gold Crown resort in years. I cancelled my ongoing search recently and got my money back.

Correction: since quarantine they finally offered me a San Francisco week.

Last edited: