• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC HHV Premier

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to HGVC HHV next week and staying in a 2 Bdr. Premier unit. I remember reading something about different floorplans for this type unit. Since this will be my first time staying here, any suggetions for a room type or location would be appreciated.

danb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are differen't floor plans buy the view is probably what makes it premier. There is also the floor your on that will get you above the noise on the lanai down low. Have a wonderful time, the place is great. we will be going back in 07.

Sooby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus is a higher floor with a side view of either diamond head or harbour side. Premier is ocean view and you should be able to see the sunset. It's great. Have fun! Sooby:clap:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The premier units should be the 2 BR units that directly face the lagoon. They are considered oceanfront, not ocean view.

We stayed in one a few years ago. You have a great view of the ocean and the Marina.

Sandy

rfb813

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in March and had a unit on the 17th Floor. The view was great, overlooking the Marina, Lagoon and ocean. Don't forget the fireworks on Friday night. You get a great view from the balcony or you can go to the show at the main pool area by the Rainbow Tower. Check into the Bali Reastaurant, they have a early bird special Sunday thru Thursday which was great.
We had a great time. I think you will also.

Enjoy,
Ron:)

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got home yesterday. Thanks to all for their help. We had an awesome time. We were in unit 1666 (premier 2 bd.) It had just been totally refurbished and was just perfect. The views were amazing. I took a courtesy tour of both the Lagoon and Kalia towers to get an idea for future reservations of what I would be booking. As stated earlier in the Lagoon tower, plus units are the higher floors as ocean view rooms are on either side of the building. In the Kalia tower, which I understand is only timeshare units on floors 12-18 I believe he said, the plus units are on the ocean view side and the regular units face the street.

I found out the Lagoon tower has a penthouse which are 2 and 3 bedroom units. I believe that this two bedroom unit is what prompted my question. The ceiling in the living room is very high and the 2 bedrooms are upstairs. I have never seen penthouse or 3 bedroom units available during club season. Does anyone know how you book these and how many points they require. I wasn't able to to see these units as they were all occupied at the time of my tour and was told to check back another day, but never had the time. Just curious if anyone has ever stayed in one of these units during open season using their points.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a 3-bdrm penthouse - the unit right next to the ocean-front unit facing Diamond Head! It was so sweet. You book it like any other unit. It's just the luck of the draw. I'm sorry I can't remember how many points it was. However, there were 7 of us and it was a better deal point-wise then having to book a 2-bdrm and 1-bdrm garden-view to accomodate everyone.

There is a master bedroom and bathroom downstairs plus a nice half-bath. The two bedrooms upstairs contained a king and two twins plus two full bathrooms. There was plenty of space and giant windows to the lanai that went from the first to the second story.

We go to HHV every year and always have a great time. The penthouse trip was simply wonderful especially for our family members. It was there first time to Hawaii.

Oh, I booked it club season, before they changed the rule in which you have 9 months prior to your check-out date. I hate this rule.

Last edited: