• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Grand Waikikian Point Structure

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in Hilton Hawaiin Village now. Went to a sales presentation the other day. The brochure I was given shows the point structure for the new Grand Waikikian slated to open in early 2009:

Garden View - 1BR - plat. 7200, gld. 5100
2BR - plat. 10500, gld. 7500
Patial Ocean - 1BR+ - plat. 9300, gld. 6300
2BR+ - plat. 12600, gld. 8700
Ocean View - 1BR premier - plat. 12600, gld. 8700
2BR premier - plat. 14400, gld. 10500
Penthouse - 2BR plat. 24000, gld. 17500
3BR plat. 28750, gld. 24000

I thought some of you would like to see this info.

nonutrix

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seeing that's it right next door to the Lagoon Tower, how are they marketing it as better than the Lagoon Tower, to justify the higher points?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something like this: newer, purpose built, w/d in each unit, owners' lounges/activities, family pool complex with lazy river & slides, etc, upgraded interiors/appliances, last fee simple property in Waikiki, etc.

nonutrix

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are they going to put the water park?

Will it only be open to Grand Waikikian guests?

It would be nice to have a washer & dryer in the unit, but when we were at the Lagoon Tower, it was close to us and we were the only ones using it.

I am sure it's going to be very nice and very deluxe and very expensive...what were the developer prices, do you know?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, The water park will be for Grand Waikikian guests only. It will be in front and along the lagoon side of the new tower. By the pictures, it will be a few steps from the mountainside of the lagoon. The entry to the new tower will be off of Ala Moana Blvd. on a raised drive.

The prices range from a low of about mid 30's to as high as 230k.

nonutrix

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the info

Wow as high as 230k

Interesting....I was hoping that the latest additional in Oahu would help ease the summer competition at the HHV.

I noticed that you didn't mention studios. Are they offering studios?

I hope whatever they're offering at the new tower is really something that many owners would feel that two or three times as many points is worth it

2 bedroom platinum season
Lagoon Tower 7000 pts vs Waikikian Tower 12600

3 bedroom platinum season
Lagoon Tower 9600 pts vs Wakikian Tower 28750 pts

Are the villas larger? Better layout?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
From my information, the Grand Waikikian has:

- no studios

- 1 BR (650-691 sq. ft) and 2 BR (994-1000 sq. ft.) only on lower floors (up to floor 35)

- 2 BR (about 1400 sq. ft.) and 3 BR (don't know size) only on penthouse levels 36+

BTW, the Kingsland units on BI will also be at a higher point structure.

nonutrix

aktravler

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's just crazy!! :ignore: Just stayed at the lagaoon tower 2 weeks ago, nice unit - but totally underwhelmed with HHV grounds overall and staff was clueless. By constrast we stayed at Bay Club the following week and must say we were very impressed, friendliest staff I've ever encountered. As a HGVC affiliate owner I'm very disappoinbted to hear they're going to up the points which effectively prices existing owners out of new properties :mad:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
but totally underwhelmed with HHV grounds overall and staff was clueless.

We like the HHV grounds, but it is very big and very busy. You are correct about the staff though, there isn't much of a personal feeling of "aloha".

As long as they keep the older clubs the same points, I don't have a problem. The Lagoon Tower is more than adequate and nice for us, and it will still be the closest timeshare tower to the beach at HHV.

korndoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am unfamiliar with HHV, and in fact, unfamiliar with Oahu as well. Is this resort on the beach? What part of the island is it on? I think I was told that the northern side of the island (if I remember correctly) is very nice compared to Waikiki. I have never gone to Oahu due to my image of Waikiki.

Thanks,
Jeff

H

HGVC Lover

Just stayed at the lagaoon tower 2 weeks ago, nice unit - but totally underwhelmed with HHV grounds overall and staff was clueless. By constrast we stayed at Bay Club the following week and must say we were very impressed, friendliest staff I've ever encountered.

I have stayed at both placs each year for the past 10 years and my experience is entirely different. I think the setting of HHV and it's grounds are fantastic. I have consitiently found the Bay Club staff to be some of the rudest, most rigid, unwelcoming, and indifferent group of people I have ever dealt with in the hotle industry. This January I became so frustrated with them that I called the Hilton Corporate Office to complain and finaly got the service I was owed. Also, the grounds at the BAY Club are very under-whelming in my humble opinion compared to the HHV.:wall:

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this what we should expect for the upcoming newer clubs in New York, California, and Portugal?

Shamrock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this what we should expect for the upcoming newer clubs in New York, California, and Portugal?

Probably :wall: But the Portugal resort is affiliate don't know if
that'l make any difference, don't know about New York/California

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Correction to Point structure comparison

CORRECTION - (Sorry, I can't seem to edit my original post above)

1 bedroom
platinum season Lagoon Tower 4800 pts vs Waikikian Tower 7200
gold season Lagoon Tower 3400 pts vs Waikikian Tower 5100

1 bedroom plus
platinum season Lagoon Tower 6200 pts vs Waikikian Tower 9300
gold season Lagoon Tower 4200 pts vs Waikikian Tower 6300

2 bedroom
platinum season Lagoon Tower 7000 pts vs Waikikian Tower 10500
gold season Lagoon Tower 5000 pts vs Waikikian Tower 7500

2 bedroom plus
platinum season Lagoon Tower 8400 pts vs Waikikian Tower 12600
gold season Lagoon Tower 5800 pts vs Waikikian Tower 8700

2 bedroom premier
platinum season Lagoon Tower 9600 pts vs Waikikian Tower 14400
gold season Lagoon Tower 7000 pts vs Waikikian Tower 10500

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am unfamiliar with HHV, and in fact, unfamiliar with Oahu as well. Is this resort on the beach? What part of the island is it on? I think I was told that the northern side of the island (if I remember correctly) is very nice compared to Waikiki. I have never gone to Oahu due to my image of Waikiki.

Thanks,
Jeff

Yes, it is right on the beach. But the Hilton beach is at the very quiet end of Waikiki. The HHV is right next to Fort DeRussy.

If you expect it to be just tons and tons of people, you'd be pleasantly surprised. I would guess that there were less than 50 people on the beach on each of the days we were there in Feb 05

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Onmedic,

I think that this is exactly what you can expect with at least some of the new HGVC properties. Kingsland at Waikoloa on the BI will also have a higher point structure. I can't tell you what it will be, since I didn't get a brochure on that one.

nonutrix

bobemac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the past five years we have visited the Bay Club five times, and the
HHV, including Lagoon Tower, and Kalia Tower eight times.

The Bay Club has been just great. We have been stress free, and
always found the site to be above standard. There's been a one or two marginal performers, but the staff has generally been cordial and efficient.
We prefer the Bay Club over Lagoon or Kalia tower.

HHV is on the best part of Waikiki, but it's much too congested there.
Adding another HGVC TS is overkill. Hilton Hawaiian Village has the largest hotel in Hawaii there, already, with six towers; Rainbow, Tapa, Diamondhead, Alii, Kalia, and Lagoon,the last two are also TS units.
The area around the towers is a series of shops and restaurants, and
it's chaos right now. Adding another tower, The Waikiian, and a water park
is corporate folly caused by greed.

Many of the HHV employees are stressed by the extreme density now.
Adding the population from the Waikiian will cause a huge mess.

HGVC is a great program, and they are creating more value every year
as in Bermuda, NYC, Portugal, IW, and Carlsbad. But, the are pushing
their luck, IMO, in Waikiki.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Not all new resorts will cost more points

Probably :wall: But the Portugal resort is affiliate don't know if
that'l make any difference, don't know about New York/California
In the 2008 HGVC guide, it shows point charts for both the new Grand Pacific Marbrisa (California) and the Hilton Vilamoura (Portugal) -- they are both the traditional point charts, not like the new Grand Waikikian.

The Hilton Vilamoura has 1 and 2 BR units for 4800 and 7000 pts/week (Plat. season).

The Marbrisa has Studio+, 1BR, 1BR+, 2BR, 2BR+, 2BR-Premier, 3BR, and 3BR+; all from the standard point chart. :whoopie:

Kurt

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we know the season charts for these resort yet? Silver, Gold, Platinum times?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vilamoura seasons:

plat. - weeks 14-16,20-43, 51,52
gold - weeks 7-13, 16-19, 44-45
silver - weeks 1-6, 46-50

Marbrisa seasons:

plat. - weeks 22-42,51,52
gold - weeks 1-21, 43-50

nonutrix