• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Fees and Affiliate Resorts

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a resale week at a HGVC resort in Las Vegas or a resale week at an affiliate resort in Marco Island Florida that the current owner has enrolled for HGVC points. I am trying to figure out what fees and costs are associated with either transaction. If I purchased a week in Vegas would I need to pay an enrollment fee? A transfer fee? Would I need to enroll the affiliate week in Florida even though the current owner is in the system? I guess I am trying to figure out which transaction is "cheaper" to close.

Any advice is appreciated.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I am considering purchasing a resale week at a HGVC resort in Las Vegas or a resale week at an affiliate resort in Marco Island Florida that the current owner has enrolled for HGVC points. I am trying to figure out what fees and costs are associated with either transaction. If I purchased a week in Vegas would I need to pay an enrollment fee? A transfer fee? Would I need to enroll the affiliate week in Florida even though the current owner is in the system? I guess I am trying to figure out which transaction is "cheaper" to close.

Any advice is appreciated.
Have no idea of the enrollment fee at Marco Island. When I enrolled many years ago at Bay Club it was $250 for an EOY or $500 for an annual.

You will have to pay to re enroll any Marco Island even if the previous owner had the week enrolled.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
The Vegas deed would cost $409 for the transfer fee (due at closing) and $609 for the enrollment fee HGVC will charge after the points are in your account). Those are mandatory fees. The deed prep would cost money as well, but those fees vary based on who you choose. Many sellers are willing to pay the $409 transfer fees and the deed prep.

I’m not sure on the affiliate. When I was looking at Club Regency earlier in the year, it was cheaper to transfer as they have their own fee structure. I believe each SW Florida resort is slightly different so you may want to call the specific resort to verify.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Are you buying to use the points or the resort? If points consider the point/maint fee ratio, is it worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I have an affiliate with Grand Pacific Palisades. It is a summer week in Carlsbad and is a vacation our kids have loved since 2013. In fact, we have never opted for the HGVC points as we have used the fixed week each year. Our boys are getting older but we are still planning on using the fixed week this year. However, the rise of positive cases in California may put that in jeopardy. I have until one week before checkin to swap the week for HGVC points. It takes a lot of pressure off knowing I can delay my decision until almost the last minute and still be able to get HGVC points if I decide to cancel my week. My plan would be to save the points for next year.

This doesn’t answer your specific question but wanted to share another benefit of owning an affiliate. Not sure if all affiliates are that flexible with respect to swapping the week for points so you may want to check with Marco Island.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I enrolled a Marco Island affiliate last year, the fee to "activate" the week was $399 if it were your first ownership in HGV. If you were adding the affiliate week to an existing HGV membership, it cost $377.

I completed this form:

HGVC_Affiliate_Form.JPG

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You'd pay the affiliate's transfer fee (if any). It was -0- for mine.
Then, you have the option of "voluntary" enrollment in HGVC.
It's not automatic. If HGVC managed, their agent will process it.

Typically, your week is booked automatically, but you can cancel
and take the points instead.

If you have another HGVC account, title it the same way and it
will be added to that account.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great information. If HGVC is charging enrollment fees for both Affiliate and HGVC built resorts it sounds like, from a fee perspective, there is little benefit to owning a "true" HGVC resort.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Thanks for all the great information. If HGVC is charging enrollment fees for both Affiliate and HGVC built resorts it sounds like, from a fee perspective, there is little benefit to owning a "true" HGVC resort.

Yes, I agree with the fee perspective. Affiliate resorts can have low buy in fees. With that being said, the affiliate MF’s can be pretty high and it would only take a few years of MF’s to break even with a Vegas deed.