• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC --> DVC

jbeck22

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
This is my first post and my first attempt at staying anywhere other than the normal HGVC offerings.

I'm looking for help in exchanging, trading, whatever the right term is, my current points to be able to stay at a Disney property March 30th - April 6th 2019. I do have some flexibility with my dates if that helps.

If this post should have gone in a different forum, please let me know.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
It's a little late to start searching for Spring break availability due to the high demand but you might get lucky.
Disney has been depositing one bedroom units at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. I would make a HGVC reservation as a backup.

See these two threads on the TUG HGVC Forum regarding HGVC exchanges into DVC
Good Luck and Welcome to TUG :hi:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
This is my first post and my first attempt at staying anywhere other than the normal HGVC offerings.

I'm looking for help in exchanging, trading, whatever the right term is, my current points to be able to stay at a Disney property March 30th - April 6th 2019. I do have some flexibility with my dates if that helps.

If this post should have gone in a different forum, please let me know.
Even though it’s late I have seen short term dates appearing on the hgvc portal. I recently got a week for March.

You will need to do two things.
First immediately put in a ongoing search in RCI. The hgvc portal has a link to RCI. Just put your request in for all dvc resorts in Orlando. Make sure you request a one bedroom as those are what becomes available. No one in a long time matched to a two bedroom. If you get a match it will most probably be Saratoga. I have gone there and enjoyed my stay there.

Second you must check manually each day, multiple times if you can, as if it is a DVC points week it will not match with a ongoing search. You can only get it if you check, find it and select it. This will probably be the method you will find the week.

For the one bedroom you will use 3400 points.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You've set your sights very high for your first trade, jbeck22!!! Disney properties are extremely popular with families, and one of the exchange "unicorns" that just about everyone with kids wants to capture at least once. Unfortunately, your chances of getting an exchange into a Disney resort is extremely slim for the week you're asking about. School vacation times = low supply/high demand exchange weeks.

Your best bet to get into Disney is to place an ongoing request for the resorts and weeks that you want. You can do this two years ahead of time to increase your chances of getting what you want. Note that most of the the units exchangers get are Saratoga Springs 1BR's, and some Key West 1BR's.

Otherwise, if you pay $15 and join TUG, you will be able to read the TUG Sightings Forum posts. Every once in awhile, a Tugger will report that there are Disney units available for exchange in RCI, and you might be able to make an instant exchange.

Good luck, and I wish you all the best in exploring your timeshare options outside the world of Hilton. Most Tuggers have been through the same learning curve you're on now. Stick around and learn from our mistakes and successes!

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a backup and search. They show up more than unicorns, but only expect a 1BR at Saratoga or maybe Old Key West.