• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC availability

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
We are trying to book places this fall… and are finding pretty much zero availability of places we want to go when we could possibly get there. Like nearly nothing if any room class.

Charleston, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, MarBrisa, Utah.

We can get Valdoro, but was there in March and the altitude got me a bit too much

Kinda bummed.

Trying to expand possible places, but still hoping something opens up along th way.

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
@Chris-ATX Planning at least a year ahead is really what it takes to get desirable bookings. Not everyone has the opportunity to plan that far ahead. But if you can, then timeshare vacations can work for you.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Orlando or LV or BI?

It will take work but you will find cancellations probably before the 61-day and especially before the 31-day marks.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
We are trying to book places this fall… and are finding pretty much zero availability of places we want to go when we could possibly get there. Like nearly nothing if any room class.

Charleston, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, MarBrisa, Utah.

We can get Valdoro, but was there in March and the altitude got me a bit too much

Kinda bummed.

Trying to expand possible places, but still hoping something opens up along th way.
You'll want to get into the habit of reserving as soon as the HGVC booking window opens (link)

For example, at "most" HGVC resorts, October 2024 stays were available for
  • Home resort bookings starting October 2023
  • Club resort bookings starting January 2024
  • Max Owner bookings starting April 2024

Think of these as prepaid vacations ("available while supplies last"). High demand resorts/locations and/or high demand travel periods will book up first. Also some locations offer more rooms than others. For example Charleston only has 27 rooms

Here's what I posted in 2023.

There are over 300,000 HGVC members competing for availability
Here are the Top 6 Locations with the most HGVC rooms​
# at each location Total roomsRoom count by Location
Vegas (5)2,523 roomsFlamingo 200
Paradise 232
The Boulevard 714
Trump International 312
Elara 975
Elara HC 90
Orlando (4)1,493 roomsSeaWorld 516
Tuscany Village 440
Parc Soleil 312
Las Palmeras 225
Oahu (5)1,200 roomsThe Grand Islander 418
Lagoon Tower 236
Kalia Suites 72
Grand Waikikian 331
Hokulani Waikiki 143
Big Island (4)795 roomsKohala Suites 120
Kings’ Land 435
Ocean Tower 72 (phases)
The Bay Club 168
New York (4)470 roomsWest 57th 166
The Residences 47
The Quin 207
The Central at 5th 50

*The Hilton Club 127 (excluded; not bookable via the Club)
Myrtle Beach (3)444 roomsAnderson 172
Ocean 22 220
Ocean Enclave 112

Here’s the list of room counts for all HGVC resorts

Last edited:

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
You'll want to get into the habit of reserving as soon as the HGVC booking window opens (link)

For example, at "most" HGVC resorts, October 2024 stays were available for
  • Home resort bookings starting October 2023
  • Club resort bookings starting January 2024
  • Max Owner bookings starting April 2024

Think of these as prepaid vacations ("available while supplies last"). High demand resorts/locations and/or high demand travel periods will book up first. Also some locations offer more rooms than others. For example Charleston only has 27 rooms

Here's what I posted in 2023.
Any idea why was Ocean Enclave dropped from 330 rooms to 112?

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
The room counts are based on HGVC's documents. See Room count link in post #4.

I understand that. What I'm trying to figure out is where the roughly 220 rooms went. That building is 27 stories, so the actual room count is likely the original 330. I'm guessing the developer has retained those rooms for rental??

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
I was in your boat before I figured out how to best use the system. As an example, I already have my February 2025 winter break reservations booked, and am looking at spring reservations right now.

You had needed to book your fall reservations in February/March timeframe to get what you want.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
If you can, book 9 months out. We had a 2 bed ocean front at Enclave for fall break in October but cancelled it. We had booked it 9 months out and then cancelled it a couple weeks ago. Keep watching for similar cancellations.

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
Sorry I was not more clear.

We have our usual planning with the long range bookings and have been managing that over the last number of years to good effect.

I was more observing that it feels like the general availability we typically see for our more spur-of-the-moment trips seems to be less than prior year (or maybe years). Maybe it's just us and what we are looking at for the balance of 2024 and not a larger trend others experience.

Thanks everyone for feedback and comments

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That could be true due to DRI Max folks having access to HGVC at the 6 month mark.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
Yeah, if you are trying to book something less than 6 months out, you are sifting through the leftovers of the leftovers.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Club with HGV Max
I see some availability for Myrtle Beach, MarBrisa, and Utah in Sept./Oct.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Sorry I was not more clear.

We have our usual planning with the long range bookings and have been managing that over the last number of years to good effect.

I was more observing that it feels like the general availability we typically see for our more spur-of-the-moment trips seems to be less than prior year (or maybe years). Maybe it's just us and what we are looking at for the balance of 2024 and not a larger trend others experience.

Thanks everyone for feedback and comments

No, it's not you. HGV is actively selling DRI Club points with access to HGVC resorts at 6 months with their HGV MAX program.

As a result, our 9 months Club Reservation window shrank to a three month priority window (from 9 month and 6 months before check-in) overnight.
We also have no priority window at HGVC resorts with Club reservation window of 6 months or less (Grand Islander, Hokulani, Hilton Clubs in New York & Washington D.C).
Thankfully HGV Max access doesn't transfer with a resale purchase. So over time, the impact should lessen when these are resold.

NOTE: Hilton Grand Vacation ended 2023 with nearly 529,000 members including more than 144,000 Max members.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I understand that. What I'm trying to figure out is where the roughly 220 rooms went. That building is 27 stories, so the actual room count is likely the original 330. I'm guessing the developer has retained those rooms for rental?

You're correct that Ocean Enclave has 330 rooms (see below)

1719970155714.png

However the latest 2024 Disclosure Document still shows 112 units (link)
We don't know what type of agreement was struck between HGV and Strand Capital Group (the developer of the South Carolina HGVC Resorts). I don't know if we woud ever know.
Maybe the agreement was to sell just enough rooms to cover the cost of construction. If so, maybe there's something buried in the South Carolina HOA documents especially when it comes to shared expenses (timeshare side vs the hotel side)

1719969334962.png

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Maybe that is all that is currently sold.
The Disclosure document normally doesn't reflect sold (see newer resorts listed below) but again we don't know what agreement was struck :shrug:

1719971792399.png

1719971908811.png

1719972021187.png

1719972097041.png

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

ernststarhemberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Charleston and Hilton Head book out pretty far. Those are two properties that need to be booked as close to the 276-day window as possible to get the ideal dates. Keep a lookout for late cancellations in Charleston, I've picked up a room there a couple of times as little as a week out.

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
Keep a lookout for late cancellations in Charleston, I've picked up a room there a couple of times as little as a week out.

This is our current approach. Jen basically looks each morning to see if anything opened up overnight.

It’s a bit of a time suck. But it is what it is. I think having a standing auto search out there would be useful, but that is only at a level of Max we aren’t at and don’t see a path through resale to get there (and won’t through retail)

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is our current approach. Jen basically looks each morning to see if anything opened up overnight.

It’s a bit of a time suck. But it is what it is. I think having a standing auto search out there would be useful, but that is only at a level of Max we aren’t at and don’t see a path through resale to get there (and won’t through retail)
We have tested the auto search and it isn't as good as you would think.

Last edited:

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
@HuskerATL that is really interesting to hear.

Of course the sales people talk it up and all in owner updates. We’ve discounted their storytelling but have assumed it’s net-net a good thing to have the auto search. But you say it’s not? Can you elaborate please?

Many thanks!