• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC at HHV- need 3bdrm information

Sooby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been in a 3 bdrm HGVC at HHV in Hawaii. Are there many of these units and is it possible to get? Do the three bdrms have 3 baths? Sooby

MrTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been there twice and they are great. Mine was a penthouse room with 3.5 baths. Yes that's right 3.5 baths. And 2 stories high. About 2000 sq ft. Availability has been tough lately if you are not an owner in Hawaii. If you get the opportunity to get one, do it.:D

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
According to my notes there are only six 3 bedroom unit. Some of the three bedrooms are two bedroom with a studio lockout. They are all penthouse units (top floor). Only two are oceanfront and the others are ocean view however there is no way to guarantee your view since the points are the same (9600 HGVC pts). I was told that the view is determined by the front desk. I'm assuming the best views are given to owners.

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever gotten one of these units during club season? I have never seen a 3 bedroom come up when I search HHV nor have I seen a studio at Kalia Tower. Has anyone ever gotten one of these this way?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Pronkster said:
Has anyone ever gotten one of these units during club season? I have never seen a 3 bedroom come up when I search HHV nor have I seen a studio at Kalia Tower. Has anyone ever gotten one of these this way?

They are rare but they do come up. For example at the 9 month mark, a studio in the Kalia Tower is available right now for 4 nights from April 1 to 5

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is occasiional availability.

It usually never lasts more than a day or so past the 9 month window.

We were able to get one last summer (June 4th-11 to be exact) calling at 5AM west coast at exactly the 9 month window.

6 is the correct number of units.

Honestly, the view are only slightly better ocean front. Personally, we like the ocean views a little better than ocean front becasue we don't have to look at the marina parking lot.

I also think since Hilton changed to the reservation policy of 9 months from the day of checkout it has severely hampered non owner reservations. Premium weeks have become very difficult to get as the weeks seem to be getting more fractionalized by 3 and 4 night weekend reservations.

Pronkster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I do see the Kalia tower availability but, adding a couple of more days to make it a 7 day stay isn't available. I'm just glad to know they really do exist. I usually check at night just to see if there is such a thing and have never seen one. I guess by then they are gone. At what time in the morning does Hilton add the daily inventory to the website? 5 am also? If you want to book a 3 bedroom maybe it's best to call.

Sooby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'm not a Hawaii owner but will still give it a try. Do they give out partial weeks before full weeks? Maybe I should do 3 days and 4 days? I liked Kalia but we do some cooking and really missed not having a dishwasher. The units are nice and it is a more private setting. The pool is nice. We stayed in a 1 bdrm ocean and enjoyed the week. Sooby

Sooby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'm not a Hawaii owner but will still give it a try. Do they give out partial weeks before full weeks? Maybe I should do 3 days and 4 days? I liked Kalia but we do some cooking and really missed not having a dishwasher. The units are nice and it is a more private setting. The pool is nice. We stayed in a 1 bdrm ocean and enjoyed the week. Sooby

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 1bdrm at HHV and I was able to get a 3bdrm July 2004. We got the unit on the Diamond Head side that was closest to the ocean front unit. It was soooooo sweet. The funny thing is that is cost fewer points than renting a 2bdrm and 1bdrm garden views which is what I would have needed to accommadate my party. It was just luck that I got it. - Good luck and keep trying.

bentlew

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those interested, using the new HGVC site, there is a three bedroom Hilton Hawaiin Village unit available from 4/11/07 - 4/18/07. The new website is great for seeing a rolling 29 days of available units by location!