• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC at Flamingo Las Vegas Anyone been recently?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I am going to the HGVC at Flamingo in early October with a group of friends and am wondering how their renovations are coming along? Got a phone call from Intrawest warning that we may see and hear workers on our floor during the day. Has anyone been recently and have any info on what has been completed so far? Which floors?

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Call the front desk and ask.

Gerry

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from the Flamingo this weekend and didn't notice any renovations. I was centrally located on the 8th floor. My 1 bedroom suited didn't have any renovations and I didn't notice any going on. In fact, as an owner, I plan on calling on Tuesday to find out where and when the renovations are taking place.

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here at the property now.

Renovations are ongoing and the top 3 floors are completely closed off due to the renovations.

Let me know if you need anything else as we will be here until Wednesday.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back today from spending the Labor Day weekend at the Flamingo. When I checked in on Friday, the renovations hadn't started yet. I inquired and was told the following:

- Renovations were scheduled to start 9/1 (today) and continue for one year.
- They're starting at the top, on the 16th floor, and will renovate one floor at a time.
- I think some of you already know this, but the 2nd floor is already done. Unfortunately, I couldn't get one of those rooms.

As explained to me, the 2nd floor was originally offices, which they've now converted to timeshare units, decorating them per the renovation plans.

On the face of it, this seems like a great plan. They have an extra floor of units, so during the renovations, with one floor shut at a time, they'll still have the same amount of inventory, and thus will have no problem matching inventory to demand from existing points.

On thinking about it, though, I now wonder what will become of that inventory once the renovations are done. Presumably they'll sell it, opening up sales again to the Flamingo! What do you wanna bet they'll have ROFR for those units? (thus creating two classes of owners?) And it begs the question -- where do the proceeds go? If the conversion took place with SA money, it should belong to the Flamingo owners and offset some of the SA. If HGVC financed it directly, I'd expect them to pocket the proceeds.

I'm curious about the answers to the questions above. But I don't have the time to pursue them, and don't know who to ask.

-Bob

Aptman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from weekend there as well

We just got back from Labor Day weekend at the Flamingo as well. It was my first time staying there (or at any HGVC property in Vegas). We did 2 nights open season in a 1bd (can't beat the $180 for 2 nights!) and loved it. Went with my wife and 2 kids (7 & 5), spent most of the day by the pool, and cruised around town during the early evenings, trying to dodge strip club and prostitution ads. Fortunately, my kids are a little young and innocent, so they didn't even notice (or at least my 7 year old didn't let on that he noticed).

I didn't see any renovations going on, the place was great.
Bob, too bad I didn't know you were going, I would've looked for you or we could've hooked up for a drink (one drink is all, you would've been driven away by my kids with any more than that). I've seen you on these boards enough times.....

If they do this in stages, it shouldn't be too bad. Let's face it, it's Vegas, how much time will you be spending in your rooms anyways.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Thanks!

I was curious as to how advanced the renovation was; looks like it's "not", so slim chance of getting one of the "new" rooms. I'm quite pleased that I managed to get a room at all considering the central location of this timeshare.
Thank you all for letting us know what's happening (or not)...