• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here's Absolutely Everything You Need To Know About The Update To Canada's Travel Rules

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Really? Lots of science. We have met the first targets for vaccination that started the ball rolling to start easing restrictions in the first place. I don't know what you do for a living, but in most businesses new policies are not just announced and implemented without the resources in place to handle the new procedures. It does take a bit of time to change things. Stop trying to make everything political! :wall:

Last edited:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Science...mostly all those who die from covid are not vaccinated. So why the closure? Why the closure to fully vaccinated?

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may not like or agree with my answer but it is because we do not have enough Canadians fully vaccinated, and we are being careful.
We do not want the Delta variant to surge again. So everyone will have to be patient.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
You may not like or agree with my answer but it is because we do not have enough Canadians fully vaccinated, and we are being careful.
We do not want the Delta variant to surge again. So everyone will have to be patient.

So - what is your take on why US based NHL teams have been approved to enter Canada without quarantine ?
[Also apparently NHL commissioner - Gary Bettman]

Vegas Golden Nights vs Montreal Canadiens - semi finals playoffs
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens - upcoming Stanley Cup final
FYI - my fully vaccinated sister who resides in Mass. CANNOT currently enter Canada without quarantining
and her fully vaccinated husband CANNOT enter AT ALL.

Both would like to visit an Ontario cottage that has been part of her life for 60 years .
(Excluding summer 2020 & probably 2021)

Last edited:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2

Your right I do not agree. Simply because one not vaccinated should have a negligible effect on those fully vaccinated. And your choosing to be not vaccinated, should never have any influence aka control on the vaccinated. The lastest new reasoning the delta variant, is said to have milder effects, even though it maybe more contagious. Still that says nothing about the fully vaccinated. If being fully vaccinated is some how not good enough, park your cars, they are just deadly. There has to be an end to what I see as government over reach, particularly when so many see it as merely a saving face aka vote saving exercise now. Testing the fully vaccinated traveler is pure vindictiveness, punitve for those choosing to travel, hoping live normally. Time to move on.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
So - what is your take on why US based NHL teams have been approved to enter Canada without quarantine ?

FYI - my fully vaccinated sister who resides in Mass. CANNOT currently enter Canada without quarantining

Both would like to visit an Ontario cottage that has been part of her life for 60 years .

I do not have a take on the NHL. The government and the NHL have agreed to certain protocols. I was not involved with that decision. You can write to Health Canada and ask for copies of their decisions.

As for travellers returning Canada. There are different protocols for returning fully vaccinated Cdn. travellers , and only partially vaccinated. That will probably change as our percentage of vaccinated Canadians goes up.

Last edited:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score

To cross the border without the 14 days quarantine, teams must travel with a private plane, be tested for covid every day and stay in a bubble (hotel, bus, Bell Center) without contact with the general public.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
To cross the border without the 14 days quarantine, teams must travel with a private plane, be tested for covid every day and stay in a bubble (hotel, bus, Bell Center) without contact with the general public.

So I guess - no trips to the establishments on Rue Sainte Catherine.
I am very glad the Habs are able to play at home.

I just am convinced that if it had been the Winnipeg Jets / the Jets would be playing for the Stanley Cup in Chicago or a similar US city with an available arena.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22

I just am convinced that if it had been the Winnipeg Jets / the Jets would be playing for the Stanley Cup in Chicago or a similar US city with an available arena.

I have lived in 4 of the 6 Eastern provinces and while most of my immediate family is in Ontario, my wife and I have lots of family on both coasts. No matter where I have lived, I have been a life-long Leafs fan (hope springs eternal...maybe next year!). I was still in high school the last time the Leafs won the Stanley Cup, at a time when the arch enemy was "les Habs". Nevertheless, I will always support whatever Canadian team is involved in the Stanley Cup finals. I won't even hope to dream about the idea of an all-Canadian final (manna from heaven)!

I am also happy for the Habs, both the team and their fans, that they will get to play their home games at home. I don't understand why you feel it would be different if it had been the Jets? The exemption was negotiated by the NHL with the federal government and was announced on June 6th, prior to the completion of the Habs/Jets series. So why would it not apply if the Jets had won?

There was a somewhat similar situation last year with the Toronto and Edmonton "bubbles". No one was allowed to hit the downtown bars then, either, so not sure why you feel they would be going anywhere after the games, including rue Ste-Catherine?

Vive les Habs et bonne chance! (Well at least to the end of the finals, LOL!!) :clap::banana:

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Less seats in Manitoba than Quebec.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
........ so not sure why you feel they would be going anywhere after the games, including rue Ste-Catherine?

Vive les Habs et bonne chance! (Well at least to the end of the finals, LOL!!) :clap::banana:

Just hoping the US-Canada border & ALL tourism in Canada is allowed to fully re-open soon
including those on rue Ste-Catherine.......

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Less seats in Manitoba than Quebec.

You can be politically cynical if you like, but I prefer to focus on the positive.

In any case, the deal was announced after only game 2 of the Jets/Habs series, prior to it being known that a Canadian team would be in the finals. The negotiations were obviously well under way before that, so if the Jets had won that series, the Jets home games WOULD have been hosted in Winnipeg.

Also, just a polite reminder that the restriction on political commentary on TUG is not restricted to US politics.