• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here We Go Again - Bonvoy refuses elite night credit on TS stay.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last month I traded my Marriott week for a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando. A week after my stay no elite night credit appeared in my Bonvoy account. I e-mailed Bonvoy and they responded that since there were no charges no Bonvoy points are awarded. Bonvoy completely ignored the issue of elite night credit.

Does anyone have the language that states elite night credit is awarded for TS stays? I would like to send it to Bonvoy on my second attempt.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Review 2.1.d and:
ii. A “Qualifying Stay” is a credit pursuant to these Program Rules that counts toward earning Elite Night Credit. Except as otherwise noted, Members will only earn credit for each Qualifying Night (i) which is part of a Stay at a Qualifying Rate (as described in 2.1.e.), for the guest room the Member personally pays for and stays in, and not for any additional guest rooms, or (ii) for the guest room direct billed to the company who has arranged payment for the Member’s stay that is not associated with a convention or group meeting. Members do not receive Elite Night Credit on stays at Non-Qualifying Rates (see 2.1.f.). Vacation Club Members and Residence Club Members (defined in Section 7 below) may also earn Elite Night Credit as provided in Section 7.1 and 7.2. Members staying at The Ritz-Carlton Club locations under their ownership benefit earn Elite Night Credit as provided in Section 1.2.a.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Last month I traded my Marriott week for a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando. A week after my stay no elite night credit appeared in my Bonvoy account. I e-mailed Bonvoy and they responded that since there were no charges no Bonvoy points are awarded. Bonvoy completely ignored the issue of elite night credit.

Does anyone have the language that states elite night credit is awarded for TS stays? I would like to send it to Bonvoy on my second attempt.
You can find it on marriott.com in the terms and conditions of the Bonvoy program. Look under the qualifying stay section.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You need to push back on it. Did you have your Bonvoy number attached to the reservation BEFORE checkin? If not, did you add it at checkin?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
7.1.c. Due to the nature of the MVC Club and VSE Resort properties, the following special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program:

i. Vacation Club Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at MVC Club and VSE Resort properties, and for stays at Participating Properties as part of the Abound Exchange Program (e.g. City Explorer).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I would just fill out a missing stay form through the Bonvoy app and submit the folio. I’ve called twice and was told both times the stay didn’t count (they were wrong).

I then submitted the missing stay form and sent the screen shot of the folio and a few days later the nights were added.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
deleted

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
I would just fill out a missing stay form through the Bonvoy app and submit the folio. I’ve called twice and was told both times the stay didn’t count (they were wrong).

I then submitted the missing stay form and sent the screen shot of the folio and a few days later the nights were added.
I’ve had it happen twice before, and using the missing stay form with a copy of the folio submitted is what worked for me as well.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never not gotten elite night credit for a timeshare stay; but admittedly I have not stayed at a Vistana resort- only MVC. But I always add them to my Bonvoy number online in advance and have always gotten credit. I have even gotten ENCs for weeks I have rented to other people occasionally

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
It's very frustrating when this happens.

We had this happen after a stay at Sheraton Broadway Plantation. I added the stay to my wife's Bonvoy account in advance. I verified both at check-in and checkout that her Bonvoy number was on file with the resort. I saw the Bonvoy number on the printout that I requested at checkout. When the elite nights failed to post, I submitted a missing stay request along with a copy of the resort folio. I then got an email from a Bonvoy rep telling me that we weren't entitled to any elite night credits for the stay. I replied and politely explained that she was wrong. Finally, I received an email reply that she was doing us a favor and posting the 7 nights.

So persist if you need to. Those elite night credits help. My sweetheart is now just over the line to qualify as Titanium status in 2023. Without those 7 nights, she would still be short.

Fallenone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club Points
Could the "traded" give them an excuse to not give you the elite nights?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Technically, maybe, but that has not usually prevented nights from posting.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have never stayed at my home resort and I always get ENC for the weeks I trade into.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Finally, I received an email reply that she was doing us a favor and posting the 7 nights.

When a large company tells you they are doing you a favor by adhering to their own published policies and procedures, you know they have a training issue. This, almost more than anything else, annoys me when I experience similar situations. It's not my responsibility to train their staff, yet their incompetent training process wastes their time, my time, and aggrevates "loyal" customers needlessly. Yet these companies never learn. We have reported the same issue since Marriott started managing Vistana resorts, and it hasn't gotten any better in my experience. When I see posts like this I remember with fondness the days of SPG.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
When a large company tells you they are doing you a favor by adhering to their own published policies and procedures, you know they have a training issue. This, almost more than anything else, annoys me when I experience similar situations. It's not my responsibility to train their staff, yet their incompetent training process wastes their time, my time, and aggregates "loyal" customers needlessly. Yet these companies never learn. We have reported the same issue since Marriott started managing Vistana resorts, and it hasn't gotten any better in my experience. When I see posts like this I remember with fondness the days of SPG.
Two long time employees who worked in concierge in the owners lounge at SVV left for Hilton because of “the way Marriott messed things up there”. Their words, not mine.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
Was it a regular booking? If so you get them! You do not on encores or other marketing packages

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I certainly hope that I will not have this problem on 9/24 when I check into Sheraton Vistana Resort. I have stayed there several times since they joined Marriott, but actually, I wouldn't stay there if they had not come under Marriott. The renovated units are good, but there's still more that needs to be upgraded to meet Marriott standards. I've stayed there at least 5 times in the last few years and always had to complain about the furnishings and lack of decent kitchenware. That's my opinion.
Btw, A friend has tried several times to get her 7 nights from October added to her Bonvoy account. She has talked to different supervisors only to no avail.

Last edited:

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a point of reference, my Bonvoy number was on the reservation AND the folio.

Also, I submitted the missing stay through the online portal - TWICE. Both times I got the following message:

"I have checked your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn Points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name. "

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
As a point of reference, my Bonvoy number was on the reservation AND the folio.

Also, I submitted the missing stay through the online portal - TWICE. Both times I got the following message:

"I have checked your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn Points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name. "

Don’t give up.

I just had two reservations show up correctly from WKORV.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I trade my enrolled Marriott Branson week for a week at Vistana resort. It should not make a difference
These posts are not infrequent; one of the common denominators I have noticed is the most difficulty seems to be with Interval trades. In older versions of the rules, what qualified as an "eligible rate" was less clear and I think there was wide interpretation to exclude Interval stays, as an "eligible rate" particularly if they included Vistana resorts as Interval was not as much of an "integrated" club-to-club exchange method for Vistana as it has been on the MVC side (for MVC, interval was once the sole club-to-club exchange option and MVC promoted it as such).

The new Bonvoy rule references to Abound would seem to make it a bit clearer, but it could still be argued that Interval exchanges are not part of the "Abound Exchange Program" AND Abound is not even yet active....

Agree that you shouldn't give up as you're likely to eventually find an agent willing to see the rules as we do here and post the nights.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
These posts are not infrequent; one of the common denominators I have noticed is the most difficulty seems to be with Interval trades. In older versions of the rules, what qualified as an "eligible rate" was less clear and I think there was wide interpretation to exclude Interval stays, as an "eligible rate" particularly if they included Vistana resorts as Interval was not as much of an "integrated" club-to-club exchange method for Vistana as it has been on the MVC side (for MVC, interval was once the sole club-to-club exchange option and MVC promoted it as such).

The new Bonvoy rule references to Abound would seem to make it a bit clearer, but it could still be argued that Interval exchanges are not part of the "Abound Exchange Program" AND Abound is not even yet active....

Agree that you shouldn't give up as you're likely to eventually find an agent willing to see the rules as we do here and post the nights.

FWIW, my recent WKORV stay was via II. For both reservations the credit appeared a few days after departure, as normal. I expect another credit for a SO reservation in a few days, as well.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I had two recent back-to-back stays at Sheraton Broadway Plantation booked with my Vistana Staroptions. First week stay posted a few days after checkout. Second week did not post, despite the fact that it had been in my Marriott Bonvoy app profile. When I called in, they could see the stay. In my mind, that should have been sufficient to just credit the stay. But no, I had to go through the process of filling out the missing stay request. They I get a response saying they cannot credit the stay without a folio, which I had never gotten. So call to resort to get the folio, which had a zero balance. Send the folio, only to get a response saying that this is not a folio, since it has a zero balance.

Only after sending a reply about how terrible it is that Marriott involves the customer in resolving a problem attributable to what amounts to a system problem on their part, did they finally credit the second stay. So much for their dedicated line for Titanium support. I have gotten better support from calling their regular number than from calling the Titanium support line.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Stays prior to 2022 were always a problem as Vistana was still not on the Marriott reservation system. We haven't had any issues now that a Bonvoy Confirmation number is provided with StarOption and Interval International confirmations. I am now just sure to add the Bonvoy number on Marriott.com before arrival and it hasn't been an issue with one stay so far. We have a bunch of II getaways later this year, so we will have to see how those work out.