• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here I go ... first HGV vacation ever, first HGV property ever !!

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Next week, I'll be staying at the Ocean Enclave in Myrtle Beach SC. Per thread title, first HGV vacation ever, first HGV property ever !!

Posting here in the forum just for general camaraderie reasons, plus I'll accept any advice, tips, warnings, encouragement, etc. that any of you have to offer !!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, the desk clerk might see your name & put you in the Owner's Suite! Good Luck!

Jim

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Hilarious, I actually did Laugh Out Loud !! I only participate on a few Internet forums, but I often create a topic-related username for each separate forum, hence LynnHilton.

It may not matter so much here on the TUG forums, but for example on Reddit, I might not want someone who knows my username in a food-related subreddit to also see my posts in, say, a depression-related subreddit, even though we're all Internet strangers anyway.

Unfortunately, my IRL last name carries no name recognition nor cachet nor VIP treatment!! I need to use my sparkling personality to wheedle freebies !!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats on your new ownership. We have never been to your resort but HGVC is a great system and is good to owners. Enjoy your vacation and say "no" to owner updates.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
You will have a great time. Tells us all about the Enclave in a review when you get back. Congrats!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Next week, I'll be staying at the Ocean Enclave in Myrtle Beach SC. Per thread title, first HGV vacation ever, first HGV property ever !!

Posting here in the forum just for general camaraderie reasons, plus I'll accept any advice, tips, warnings, encouragement, etc. that any of you have to offer !!

Now, we haven't stayed at Enclave, but after staying at Ocean 22 last June, we are returning there this June! Not sure if you've ever been to Myrtle Beach before, but there's a ton to do there. Checking out the Boardwalk and Broadway on the Beach (my kids LOVED the retro memorabilia store there). I enjoyed going through there, it was walk through my adolescence. If you are bringing kids (or are a big kid yourself) Wonderworks was fun too. The Ripley's Aquarium was fun too. It's one place we will return too this year. We also spent a day at the Go Kart Track (HGVC gave us all day passes) and we had a blast racing each other. A trip to Murrels Inlet is a must. I have some reco's for places to eat too and I'll put them in a different post if you want.

This year we are going with another family and we will find more mature things to do there. My guess is the older kids want to spend the day at the beach while the younger ones will want to do the action activities. We will be traveling with 10, so there we will go our own separate ways some of the time and take turns taking the younger kids to the different activities.

As far as the HGVC reco's go, avoid the sales pitch . . . er owner's updates. They are very good attheir job there. I checked in and said I didn't want to be bothered with an update and they honored our request. Call two weeks in advance and request your floor. Ocean 22 honored our request to be on the highest floor and the view was GREAT. If you plan on doing laundry while you are there (packing light is the way to go) bring a baggie with some dryer sheets. They have detergent, but no dryer sheets, at least they didn't at Ocean 22. They have them for sale in the mini mart, but they are $1.50 for 2 of them.

Like Panina said, enjoy your trip and make sure you give a review of your stay here on Tug when you get back!

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Welcome to HGVC and welcome to TUG. Have a great vacation.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Congratulations and have a wonderful vacation.

As Dayooper stated avoid the owner update. They’re just trying to get more money from you ;). Resale is the way to go.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Now, we haven't stayed at Enclave, but after staying at Ocean 22 last June, we are returning there this June! Not sure if you've ever been to Myrtle Beach before, but there's a ton to do there. Checking out the Boardwalk and Broadway on the Beach (my kids LOVED the retro memorabilia store there). I enjoyed going through there, it was walk through my adolescence. If you are bringing kids (or are a big kid yourself) Wonderworks was fun too. The Ripley's Aquarium was fun too. It's one place we will return too this year. We also spent a day at the Go Kart Track (HGVC gave us all day passes) and we had a blast racing each other. A trip to Murrels Inlet is a must. I have some reco's for places to eat too and I'll put them in a different post if you want.

This year we are going with another family and we will find more mature things to do there. My guess is the older kids want to spend the day at the beach while the younger ones will want to do the action activities. We will be traveling with 10, so there we will go our own separate ways some of the time and take turns taking the younger kids to the different activities.

As far as the HGVC reco's go, avoid the sales pitch . . . er owner's updates. They are very good attheir job there. I checked in and said I didn't want to be bothered with an update and they honored our request. Call two weeks in advance and request your floor. Ocean 22 honored our request to be on the highest floor and the view was GREAT. If you plan on doing laundry while you are there (packing light is the way to go) bring a baggie with some dryer sheets. They have detergent, but no dryer sheets, at least they didn't at Ocean 22. They have them for sale in the mini mart, but they are $1.50 for 2 of them.

Like Panina said, enjoy your trip and make sure you give a review of your stay here on Tug when you get back!

Wow, dayooper, thank you so much for such a thorough and detailed answer. I'm hungry (pun intended) for the restaurant recommendations you offered, so yes please if you have time to post them.

The current weather prediction there is rain, so I may be going to more local attractions than I'd planned. Normally I'd focus more on the pool, beach and sunshine.

Major points to you for mentioning "bring dryer sheets", getting useful hints like that is exactly the reason why I like to participate on TUG; the official HGVC website would never include such practical advice !!

I'll absolutely submit a review of Ocean Enclave here, I love doing reviews. My reviews represent a unique perspective because I'm a single adult traveling alone, so I try to include info that applies to all, but especially info that another single adult might find helpful.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

Here is a review about Ocean Enclave from a TUGeer:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Wow, dayooper, thank you so much for such a thorough and detailed answer. I'm hungry (pun intended) for the restaurant recommendations you offered, so yes please if you have time to post them.

The current weather prediction there is rain, so I may be going to more local attractions than I'd planned. Normally I'd focus more on the pool, beach and sunshine.

Major points to you for mentioning "bring dryer sheets", getting useful hints like that is exactly the reason why I like to participate on TUG; the official HGVC website would never include such practical advice !!

I'll absolutely submit a review of Ocean Enclave here, I love doing reviews. My reviews represent a unique perspective because I'm a single adult traveling alone, so I try to include info that applies to all, but especially info that another single adult might find helpful.

Don't know how I missed your question! We ate at a couple of different places, but our favorites are as follows:

River City Cafe - It's off of 21st Ave between Ocean Blvd and King's Highway. Great Burgers and I loved the fried pickles. They use pickle chips instead of spears so they are very easily shareable. There's a sandwich/burger for everyone. The atmosphere is great and we loved eating on the porch. We loved this place!

Soho Cafe and Bar - This is right across the road from River City. We had a sushi lunch and, for the three of us that went, it was very good. We ordered one of their sushi "platters" and an order of Tempura. For all e of us, it was very well priced (under $40) and we could have taken food home. We were recommended this place by another Ocean 22 guest and the three of us that like sushi were impressed.

Little Pigs BBQ - It's just off of US 17 and 62nd Ave. We wanted a little hole in the wall local BBQ place, and this fit the bill!. The BBQ was awesome and the sides were great as well. What sets Little Pigs apart are the sauces. Love the Lexington Dip (my personal favorite) and their Carolina Mustard is very authentic. BBQ is a hobby of mine and I specialize in pulled pork shoulder. I love this place. The only thing missing is the bark and that's hard to do for a restaurant. Eating out can be very expensive in MB, but there's great value here. Each meal was under $10 and you got a drink, 2 sides and a huge chopped pork sandwich. I highly recommend this place.

Hook and Barrel - This is off of King's Hwy and 82nd Ave. We dropped some serious coin here ($250 with tip), but it was fantastic. The service was top notch and the seafood was amazing! We wanted to nice place to eat on our last night there and it was a great way to end our vacation. My middle child (16) is a very picky eater and he loved their Harvest of the Sea. The Caprese salad was a hit with my wife and daughter (20). My daughter and I split the Paella (very good), but that looks like it's been replaced with the Low Country Jambalaya. The scallops were a hit too.

We also ate at Riptydz on the Boardwalk, but we waited almost 2 hours to be seated. Granted it was a Friday night, but we were told an hour and every place had an hour wait. The food was good, but the servers were understaffed. Our waitress was good, but she had so many tables, it was hard to get her attention let alone check on us.

This year, we want to try Dirty Don's Oyster Bar and Grill and The Grilled Cheese and Crabcake Co at Murrel's Inlet

Otherwise we used the very capable kitchen to make our meals.

partpro26

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - SEAWORLD
We have been to MB many times but haven't stayed at Ocean Enclave yet. We will probably do that one later this year. We love Ocean 22 and try to make most of our meals in suite while there. However one thing that we found was that there are no grills allowed in MB, (there are charcoal grills in Hilton Head). Apparently there is a city ordinance against it. Otherwise a great place to visit. We typically go in mid march when there is a HUGE PEE-DEE car show in the empty parking lot (formally a mall) on 17, plus they have Canadian appreciation that week, and most attractions are deeply discounted with ID. Enjoy your stay and welcome to the club.

LynnHilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara
Little Pigs BBQ - It's just off of US 17 and 62nd Ave. We wanted a little hole in the wall local BBQ place, and this fit the bill!.

Thank you, thank you !! A local BBQ place is one of my quests, so I'm definitely going to this one !!