• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here at the Daytona Ocean Walk

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are spending the week at the Ocean Walk - first time here.

Very nice resort and like everything - some positives and negatives.

Positives -
  • units are spacious
  • our unit was clean and ready on time
  • staff is very friendly
  • resort is very quiet
  • indoor and outdoor pools are in great shape, as is the lazy river and water slide
  • kids seem to love the activities area and there are special activities for kids every day
  • beach is clean and wide
  • you can actually sit on the balconies (unlike the Hilton next door)
  • everything works!
  • sales sharks are very un-sharky
Negatives -
  • no wi-fi in the rooms, although we did manage to snag their wi-fi a couple of times and we are on the 9th floor
  • bed is hard as a rock
  • carpet was cleaned the day we arrived but it is about time for a replacement
  • if you are looking for granite countertops and plasma TVs - don't stay here, although the formica is in excellent shape and the TVs work fine
If you ever stay here in the summer, I suggest the North Tower as it will be further from the summer activities on the boardwalk.

This week is muscle car heaven - the annual Turkey Rod Run. 1000s of old cars and 1000s of old guys re-living their youth (including my DH :cheer: )

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ann

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I Love Ocean Walk. We have 5 units Dec 5, 6 & 7th for a family Reunion. Had them all up there a couple of days last April and they were more than happy to return. I'm hoping we get a few warm days as I know it's cool there this week.

Are they done with the balconies?

Joan-OH

doublebubbls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thks for the update.

Ann,
We have never been and are heading there for spring break with the kids.
Do all the rooms face the beach?
Is the indoor pool heated?
Glad to hear there is lots of kids actives. Ours are 8 & 10.
Any other actives near by for them to do things?
Will try to get North Tower as you recommend.
Also let us know if you recommend any near by family resturants.
TKS
Ray

garmich

Reaction score
Ann,
We have never been and are heading there for spring break with the kids.
Do all the rooms face the beach?
Is the indoor pool heated?
Glad to hear there is lots of kids actives. Ours are 8 & 10.
Any other actives near by for them to do things?
Will try to get North Tower as you recommend.
Also let us know if you recommend any near by family resturants.
TKS
Ray

We were there in August for 3 nights. T.S. Fay arrived on our last day, so we had 2 out of 3 days on the beach.

Not all rooms face the beach. There are four "views" available. The "Oceanfront" units face towards the beach (this is what we had). The "Oceanview" units are at both ends of the two towers, so you get a partial view (north or south) of the beach. The third view is "City View", which faces west (inland). The last view. is what I call "No view". These are the 1 BR units (not the 1 BR Deluxe). They are adjacent to the interior hallway. The bedroom has a "window" that faces the hallway. But there are large windows in the hallway. Be careful not to get this unit. You will be disappointed.

Activities:
Indoor Miniature Golf in the North Tower, 4th floor. It's free for the guests.

Daytona Lagoon Water Park which is across the street from Ocean Walk.

There's a multi-screen Cinema in the adjacent Ocean Walk Mall.

Marine Science Center and Lighthouse at Ponce Inlet, which is south of Daytona Beach down Route 1A.

Angell and Phelps Chocolate Factory which has a free tour and gives out chocolate samples after the tour.

MOAS - Museum of Arts & Sciences.

We went to all of these places, except for the waterpark. (who needs a waterpark when you're at the beach?)

Gary
Bonnet Creek Resort

Aussiedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the Speedway and see that many questions have already been answered.

The indoor pool is heated.
There is also a kiddie pool in addition to the two outdoor pools.
There are so many places to eat that are perfect for families that I would not know where to start!
The OP is absolutely correct about the views. Do everything you can to get an oceanfront, as some of the oceanview "views" require you to go out on your balcony and lean out so far your life is in danger.
I checked the entire place and it appears that all the balcony work is done.

Here is some more scoop -
North Tower - all timeshares - mostly Wyndam/Fairfield but two floors are for Worldmark
South Tower - mostly Wyndham/Fairfield units but some are their local rental/hotel pool and some units are privately owned fixed week. This is very interesting as there is some kind of dispute here within the HOA between the fixed week owners and Wyndham. Last night the fixed week folks hired a bunch of college kids to mob the entrance and hand out flyers discouraging people from buying Fairshare Points and encouraging them to rent from the fixed week owners. Security let them do it - it was pretty wierd.

Off to find a turkey dinner - the sales weasels at Club Navigo down the street are offering free dinners :rofl: . (I'll pass)

Ann

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Walk has received a few less than glowing reviews on tripadvisor that imply the property is not in the greatest of shape and showing signs of some rough use on the part of spring breakers. Do any of you feel those assessments are accurate?

Aussiedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
No - not at all.

Perhaps because I was there in November - many months after spring break - but I found everything to be in very good shape including all the common facilities. I did not see any wall or railing anywhere that made me think - "Hmmm....could use some fresh paint...". It all looked great.

Ann

garmich

Reaction score
Ocean Walk has received a few less than glowing reviews on tripadvisor that imply the property is not in the greatest of shape and showing signs of some rough use on the part of spring breakers. Do any of you feel those assessments are accurate?

This past August, we were in a 1-BR Deluxe in the South Tower, on the 16th floor. We had an Oceanview with a great view of the entire beach. There were plusses and minuses. On the plus side, was the excellent view we had. We received the room that we were promised when I made the reservation. The jacuzzi was large enough for my wife and me. I mention that because we stayed in one of the newer towers at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the jacuzzis were too small for two persons. On the minus side, the decor really needs to be updated. The furniture in the living room should be replaced. And what really disappointed me was the furniture in the bedroom. The furniture was plain and worn and looked like what you would find in a $29 no-tell motel. I suspect it is a unit that is usually rented out to college kids on spring break.

fraser921

Banned
Reaction score
oceanwalk-- where am I

i have 2 reservations

bldg 13 1319 1 bedroom

t2 room 1725

am i oceanfront

am i north tower

where can i go to see layout

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You Are Here:

Units ending in 19 are in the southwest corner of the south tower. Both A and B sides have whirlpools and balconies unless you are too low on the B side where the parking lot is.

Units ending in 25 are in the north tower, oceanfront.

Uncle Davey in Ocean Walk until Sunday. Then I'm heading south where it's warmer.