• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here’s how you can become a certified contact tracer in just a matter of hours

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Johns Hopkins University is offering this five-and half hour course for free-- and for anyone who's interested. It covers the basics of contact tracing: How to interview people who've been diagnosed, how to identify their close contacts and the public health knowledge you need to support these folks in often emotional phone conversations.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's great. I would think that 5 hours is the absolute minimum and hope there is a lot more hands on practical training involved.

burg1121

TUG Member
Reaction score
5 hrs training sounds about right for trusting someone with your medical and personal info.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
5 hrs training sounds about right for trusting someone with your medical and personal info.
Can you really ever trust anyone with that information? Yet so many have access to just that without your knowledge. :ponder:

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are the interviews conducted? Do you have to see the patient in person or can you do all of your work over the phone?

geekette

Reaction score
Where are the interviews conducted? Do you have to see the patient in person or can you do all of your work over the phone?
This may vary by state, even county, or locality, but my guess is 100% phone.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Johns Hopkins University
CoVid-19 Contact Tracing
Register @ coursera . org

What does this course cover?

This course provides information about the basics of COVID-19 and contact tracing and helps you develop some of the skills and background that you need. The course includes examples of contact tracing calls, as well as information about developing effective interviewing skills.

100 % Online

Syllabus - What you will learn from this course

Basics of COVID-19
Basics of Contact Tracing for COVID-19
Steps to Investigate Cases and Trace Their Contacts
Ethics of Contact Tracing and Technological Tools
Skills for Effective Communication
Final Assessment (Graded)

Is this course all the training that a contact tracer will need?

No. If you join a contact tracing initiative in a state or local health department, you'll need additional training and ongoing support to learn the local processes and systems as well as other issues that may arise.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry, but I put this in the snitching category. I would not be involved in this, nor will I give out my personal information of where I’ve been. It’s a total invasion of privacy in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I trust no one. Even if they showed me ID/badge - how do I know they are legit, etc. etc.

Having said that - since the last two weeks my husband and I have gone to Target once. Home Depot twice. He has also gone to a small nursery a few blocks away from us - it's set outside.
This is besides the usual supermarket every two weeks, prescription once a month, bank once. Because we have increased our "outing" activities (with social distancing, gloves) - I write down on my calendar where I/we were. If I/we get sick - I can look at my calendar and say - I was at Home Depot at 6:30 am on such a date. I would not have names or numbers of anyone. Unless it's a family member we visited outside in the yard/front of the house.

A month ago, my dil's parents received a letter that they could go for testing with site info/free because they had been in the bank and someone had it at the branch. The branch contacted the individuals. If you go to a restaurant, bank, etc. - the business I guess would contact the people. If anyone is paying cash anywhere - I don't see how they can trace them. Unless it's someone one personally knows, I don't know if it will work 100%.

Just a thought.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Contract Tracing Course offered free by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health explains about Covd19 and why it is so important to limit the spread of infection through contact tracing. I enrolled in this course Thursday and spent the past few days, watching and listening to thirty-two videos by Emily Gurley, PHD, MPH.
On Sunday evening, May 17th. I completed the (40 question) final exam and Successfully Completed COVID-19 Contact Tracing with a final grade of 89.14.

Excellent Course ~ Highly recommended

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am appalled at the idea of contact tracing. Check out many sources on what this really means. It is not for the good being portrayed even by upstanding medical organizations. Dig deeper. CT is the start of something very bad, and once that ball is rolling, we will not be able to get our freedoms back.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am appalled at the idea of contact tracing. Check out many sources on what this really means. It is not for the good being portrayed even by upstanding medical organizations. Dig deeper. CT is the start of something very bad, and once that ball is rolling, we will not be able to get our freedoms back.

Sad to say there are many freedoms you have lost. ;)

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contract Tracing is a big part of "getting back to work" in IL. I find it appalling & unnecessary. All in the name of "public health".

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
May 28
Completed - Surveillance Systems: The Building Blocks - Text and Video

Introduction to Surveillance as a core Public Health Function by Emily Gurly from the Department of Epidemiology, offered by the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health on coursera

Outstanding Course ~ Highly recommended

Last edited:

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
May 28
Completed - Surveillance Systems: The Building Blocks - Text and Video

Introduction to Surveillance as a core Public Health Function by Emily Gurly from the Department of Epidemiology, offered by the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health on coursera

Outstanding Course ~ Highly recommended
Can you give us a summary? What did you like the most?

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you work through the modules in this course, you'll find several mini-projects embedded within the lecture videos. You follow the course by reading text (online) and by watching and listening to videos. Public health surveillance helps us to understand the who, what, where, when and how diseases affect the populations.
This free course helps to build surveillance cycle skills and technical awareness.

The Instructor, Emily S. Gurley is an American epidemiologist. She is an associate scientist in the division of infections disease epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She speaks clear and is easy to understand.

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is it going to work though? How close the contact with a Covid positive person has to be to be on their list? Few rows in an airplane? The whole airplane? The whole airport?

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yellowfin
The contact zone will differ based on the disease & transmission method.

Protecting Travelers Health - Contact Tracing and Investigation

What if a passenger was sick on your flight? What if that person was later diagnosed with a serious infectious disease and was contagious during your flight? Are you at risk? If you were exposed, how do you protect yourself?

If the index patient was contagious during the flight, passengers seated nearby may have been exposed to the disease. CDC will start a contact investigation to find these passengers.

CDC requests the flight manifest for passengers seated near the index patient. The flight manifest is a document that contains passengers’ names, seat numbers, and contact information. CDC guards the privacy of passengers by keeping this information secure.

Read the following article from CDC for more information

Last edited: