• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hepatitis Surge in Young Children / May '21 Now Thought To Be Linked to COVID [MERGED]

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what was the point? And quickly derailed, and the posts that have been allowed :smh:
Made me think the "mods" must be on vacation.
On the other hand, I have seen mention of these pediatric cases on twitter and, it's troubling! So sad.
It's troubling - and very sad. No one wants to see sick children. Especially w/something like severe like Hepatitis.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
So you posted an article with a faulty , deceptive quote . Got it.
It appears that she posted an article in which the writer/editors may have been deceptive in their interpretation of the quoted material. How is that any different from any of the million and one links to articles/videos that have misrepresented every facet of COVID-19 since its inception? Or any different from articles/videos about any subject? That's what media outlets do! It's not good, it doesn't help any of us reach the truth, but it's what we should all expect from the media.

The onus is ALWAYS on the reader/viewer to recognize what is verifiable truth in any articles/videos. In this particular article, as has been pointed out, this is the verifiable truth from a named source: "We are seeing a surge in typical childhood viral infections as children come out of lockdown, [as well as] a surge in adenovirus infections." Everyone who came away from the article attributing any further meaning to that source's actual words, especially one slanted in a way that the source didn't intend, probably ought to ask themselves why it was so easy for the writer/editors to plant that meaning in their brains.

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that she posted an article in which the writer/editors may have been deceptive in their interpretation of the quoted material. How is that any different from any of the million and one links to articles/videos that have misrepresented every facet of COVID-19 since its inception? Or any different from articles/videos about any subject? That's what media outlets do! It's not good, it doesn't help any of us reach the truth, but it's what we should all expect from the media.

The onus is ALWAYS on the reader/viewer to recognize what is verifiable truth in any articles/videos. In this particular article, as has been pointed out, this is the verifiable truth from a named source: "We are seeing a surge in typical childhood viral infections as children come out of lockdown, [as well as] a surge in adenovirus infections." If you came away from the article attributing any further meaning to that source's actual words, especially one slanted in a way that the source didn't intend, perhaps you ought to wonder why it was so easy for the writer/editors to plant that meaning in your brain.
Thank you Sue, as always, for the wise guidance.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
I showed data to back it up. YOURS??????? And yes it is obvious that getting a vaccine goes along political lines too. But then when all the experts (again every major organization world wide) are on one side your questioning is politically motivated.

There is a big difference between questioning and advocating for a dangerous policy using false information. Look at this thread. The original quite clearly states there is no connection between covid or the vaccine. It took exactly 4 more comments before the antivaxxers blamed the vaccine with zerro evidence. I commonly question things, but I need a real reason to do so. Questioning the experts with zerro evidence is being a conspiracy nut not an intellectual.

You believe what you want to and I'll do the same. But you've now admitted that you only follow others' reporting and you have no original thoughts. Baaa Baaa!

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh and I'm not sure I believe the OP's subject line. I'll wait a few more days to see what comes of it.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
I showed data to back it up. YOURS??????? And yes it is obvious that getting a vaccine goes along political lines too. But then when all the experts (again every major organization world wide) are on one side your questioning is politically motivated.

There is a big difference between questioning and advocating for a dangerous policy using false information. Look at this thread. The original quite clearly states there is no connection between covid or the vaccine. It took exactly 4 more comments before the antivaxxers blamed the vaccine with zerro evidence. I commonly question things, but I need a real reason to do so. Questioning the experts with zerro evidence is being a conspiracy nut not an intellectual.

Showing data means nothing. We all know that data is manipulated to fit needs. Did Saddam have weapons of mass destruction? The neocons sure told us so and they gave us data. Remember?

Using terms like "no evidence" and "conspiracy" and "anti-vaxxers" are media sound bites. That's how I know you only repeat what you've been told.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You believe what you want to and I'll do the same. But you've now admitted that you only follow others' reporting and you have no original thoughts. Baaa Baaa!
Yes I follow those that know more than me unless I have reason not to. Call me a sheep all you want, as you blindly follow the right wing media disinformation campaign.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Showing data means nothing. We all know that data is manipulated to fit needs. Did Saddam have weapons of mass destruction? The neocons sure told us so and they gave us data. Remember?

Using terms like "no evidence" and "conspiracy" and "anti-vaxxers" are media sound bites. That's how I know you only repeat what you've been told.
As is calling other people sheep. You post platitudes with nothing to back it up straight from right wing media.

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
No names mentioned, let alone “experts”. No obvious lies nor coverups.

sometimes crap goes wrong. Doesn’t equate to lies and coverups.

Sadly, this is predicable behavior. If they can't marshal facts, they will go with the one thing they are good at peddling -- moral certitude. And while moral certitude with nothing to back it up doesn't work on the rational, it is always effective for the weak-minded. Always. They lap that up like cream.

And the constant droning about the same tired points is necessary when their debate position can be picked apart by any reasonably-bright 8-year old.

Again, completely expected behavior, following a pattern which has been happening for the entirety of human history -- can't explain something? Make something up and then be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN about it.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
No names mentioned, let alone “experts”. No obvious lies nor coverups.

sometimes crap goes wrong. Doesn’t equate to lies and coverups.

Please don't insult me. I know what I went through and I know what my research led to. It's all out there if you really want the names. Personally I won't dignify your dismissal with a response you require.

Brett

Reaction score
Sadly, this is predicable behavior. If they can't marshal facts, they will go with the one thing they are good at peddling -- moral certitude. And while moral certitude with nothing to back it up doesn't work on the rational, it is always effective for the weak-minded. Always. They lap that up like cream.

And the constant droning about the same tired points is necessary when their debate position can be picked apart by any reasonably-bright 8-year old.

Again, completely expected behavior, following a pattern which has been happening for the entirety of human history -- can't explain something? Make something up and then be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN about it.

:thumbup:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
So you posted an article with a faulty , deceptive quote . Got it.
I posted information and linked to SIX SOURCES.
None of the mainstream media sources were 100% correct in how they presented the information. That's on them, not me.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted information and linked to SIX SOURCES.
None of the mainstream media sources were 100% correct in how they presented the information. That's on them, not me.
No need for the shouty all caps. I'm not going to read through 6 articles - I read the 1st one you posted as I assumed it served as a lay-of-the-land on this topic.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

From the article:
Is this connected to Covid-19?
Probably not directly, experts said. Of the 169 patients identified by the W.H.O., 20 tested positive for the coronavirus. That is not surprising, given how widely the virus has been spreading in recent months, scientists said.
And there is no evidence that the hepatitis is linked to the Covid-19 vaccines; the “vast majority” of the children in question had not been vaccinated, the W.H.O. said.
Still, a coronavirus connection cannot be entirely ruled out, experts cautioned, and the hepatitis cases may be linked to the pandemic in less direct ways. For example, the public health measures implemented over the past two years may have left fewer children exposed to common adenoviruses. That, in turn, might have made them more susceptible now, according to one of the U.K. Health Security Agency’s working hypotheses.
But that, too, is speculative.
“At this point,” Dr. Shiau said, “we still don’t know what’s going on.”

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Cornell
I'm willing to bet real money this turns out to be Covid/SARS2 related. Would you like to put money on it?

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
The "immunity debt" hypothesis makes zero sense. It's not logical. It's an absurd concept.

a) These kids are too young for "immunity debt" to make sense. In some cases we're talking about infants! This is their first adenovirus exposure because they are infants, not because they were in lockdowns for years. If this hypothesis held up, these babies would have a normal immune response to a first, early exposure to adenovirus.

b) Plus these kids weren't actually in lockdowns! The highest number of cases of this "mysterious" hepatitis is occurring the the UK where this group of children did not experience more than a few weeks of school closures. And even children who don't attend school have immune system challenges.

c) This is only occurring in children who were not vaccinated against Covid. If it were "immunity debt" to adenoviruses, it should be occurring in vaccinated children at the same rates. The UK denied children ages 5-11 the Covid vax until late March 2022 whereas American kids of the same age became eligible in November 2021. Recall, the highest portion of these hepatitis cases are in the UK.

d) No adenovirus has EVER been implicated in causing hepatitis in healthy children, regardless of how isolated those children were.

e) In the liver biopsies adenovirus is NOT found! If this were caused by acute adeno infection, there should be evidence of that in the liver biopsies. There isn't!

f) Now it's in Sweden too, which never had any sort of lockdown, school closures, etc... nothing that would contribute to this fictional "immunity debt."

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
The theory that this is caused by adenovirus alone is pretty specious.

Adenovirus persists and replicates in the mucosal lymphocytes in children for years! Testing positive in they way these kids were tested means literally nothing.
Edit to add: The sequenced adenovirus strands did not match one another. So, not only are only half these kids even testing positive for plasma adenovirus (which might not be active infection) it's not even the same strands!

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Farid Jalali is a Twitter doc in the genre of Eric Feigel Ding (sp?)