• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Helping a friend get rid of her TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well finish meeting and reading all her paperwork.
The salesperson moved their lips are told a big whopper.
I have verified everything below:
She has a biannual, not Annual
They put more on her cc for down payment than what she was told. Found this in the paperwork.
To use her week- RCI/Resort told her that she had to deposit for week in RCI in order to get the points for stay. This is not true , she has a fixed week, not points like she was told.

She could list on tug. It was totally up to her.
She has decided to go with the company, I know of..
She called , no upfront fees, very reasonable fee only after the sale goes through.
She happy and I showed how many people on this board was willing to help and,all the advice.

She told me to say - Thank you from the bottom of her heart, for everything
You guys have helped 1 more person find the light after the dark.

Thank you.
maggiesmom

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Good Luck to your friend. Has she at least used it at all?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Well finish meeting and reading all her paperwork.
The salesperson moved their lips are told a big whopper.
I have verified everything below:
She has a biannual, not Annual
They put more on her cc for down payment than what she was told. Found this in the paperwork.
To use her week- RCI/Resort told her that she had to deposit for week in RCI in order to get the points for stay. This is not true , she has a fixed week, not points like she was told.

So, I told her about a company that helped me with me first TS that I wanted to get rid of.
Or she could list on tug. It was totally up to her.
She has decided to go with the company.
She called , no upfront fees, very reasonable fee only after the sale goes through.
She happy and I showed how many people on this board was willing to help and,all the advice.

She told me to say - Thank you from the bottom of her heart, for everything
You guys have helped 1 more person find the light after the dark.

Thank you.
maggiesmom

While you're together have her log into her account to see if it shows a point balance. All points owners own an underlying week that gives them their points. This can be confusing when you're looking at her paperwork because it will show week x which may lead you and her to believe she has a fixed week. She may or may not. She's more likely to find a taker for it and quicker if it is a points week.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did check and it's a fixed week on the deed and in her account.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I'm not as knowledgeable about RCI weeks accounts but hopefully other weeks owners will give their input and correct anything in the following that I'm mistaken about.

She might want to go ahead and deposit her week for trade now. She'll get TPUs, Trading Power Units, for it that can be used to book any available inventory. I'm under the impression that the sooner you deposit your week for trade the more TPUs you will likely get for it than If you wait. Also depositing the week to get TPUs gives you longer to use them. Like an additional year or maybe two. And I think those TPUs will transfer to the new owner. This part I'm really not sure about but I thought someone posted that you can keep your weeks account and those TPUs rather than transferring them to the new owner. That would give her some use of what she paid for rather than the whole thing being a dead loss.

In the meantime she can book and use any last call weeks and take advantage of any current promotions if she's able to travel within 45 days of less. It will take at least that long to get the deed transferred and the new owner to get ii into their RCI account.

Speaking of the new owner getting their RCI account set up. Hopefully the reseller she plans to work with will handle that for both her and the buyer. If not the new owner will need to call Vacation Village corporate office to get the contract out of her Daily Management account and into the new owner's account. It doesn't just automatically happen. Daily Management is the management company for all Vacation Village resorts. If she's using LT Transfers to do the closing they just handle the transfer of the deed. You're on your own to get the RCI account set up and the transfer from one account to the other done.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
She has decided what she wants to do.
I am not going to tell her no don't sell, learn to use what you have.
It's her decision to do what she wants to do with it.
I just helped her with your comments and suggestions, but at the end it was her final choice.
Please no more comments .

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
She has decided what she wants to do.
I am not going to tell her no don't sell, learn to use what you have.
It's her decision to do what she wants to do with it.
I just helped her with your comments and suggestions, but at the end it was her final choice.
Please no more comments .

Please ask the moderators to close this thread.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before the thread is closed...disposing of this is not a terrible idea. This resort does very well in RCI Points, but it harder to get good value with it in RCI Weeks.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Closed at OP’s request

Status
Not open for further replies.