• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Helping a friend get rid of her TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend is just frustrated with her timeshare.
She and her hubby went to tge Owner's breakfast , and we'll you know the rest.
They fell for it(hook,line and sinker)
They own at Vacation Villages at Parkway 3001 Parkway Boulevard Kissimmee, FL and they want out.
Do you know if this timshare is excepting back deeds???

Attachments

• 20210203_190659.jpg
    20210203_190659.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
You'll have no luck getting rid of it if it still has a mortgage on it.

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Contact vacation villages and see if they will take it back otherwise list it here for free and give it away for free. Currently one listed on Ebay for .99 cents.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid, but what company owns this timshare property???

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've asked and they said no they will not accept a deed back.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link . I found this while I was going thought some of the paperwork she sent me.
Just the main website page. Found a contact number but I think its to the resort.
I was hoping to find a Retention department link or Something like a link that Sheraton Vistana had to go to and click on and start the process.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
My friend is just frustrated with her timeshare.
She and her hubby went to tge Owner's breakfast , and we'll you know the rest.
They fell for it(hook,line and sinker)
They own at Vacation Villages at Parkway 3001 Parkway Boulevard Kissimmee, FL and they want out.
Do you know if this timshare is excepting back deeds???
How long ago did they buy? If it was recently they could recind. Check the contracts there should be info on if it’s within the time period. Good luck!

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long ago did they buy? If it was recently they could recind. Check the contracts there should be info on if it’s within the time period. Good luck!
They bought last year, so too much time has past.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for the link . I found this while I was going thought some of the paperwork she sent me.
Just the main website page. Found a contact number but I think its to the resort.
I was hoping to find a Retention department link or a link that Sheraton Vistana had to go to and click on and start the process.
This property has no relation to Sheraton Vistana. It doesn't sound like the Vistana Villages property. Vacation Village is not Vistana Villages.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am not familiar with this company, but if they bought last year that is not a good time to know if they can benefit from the program. They will not get back the money they paid for it.
It will take a while to get rid of it, so in the meantime they should try to figure out how to use the program. Not go any owners updates, but the forums on TUG.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Do they own a week that gives them points in RCI or is it a week they would have to deposit to trade to stay at a different resort? If it's points then how many points do they get every year or every other year? Do they even really understand what they have?

It's a shame to walk away from what they spent. I can pretty much guarantee they are overwhelmed trying to learn the RCI system or may not even know where to start. We owned at our first resort in RCI for a couple of years and had points we couldn't extend again before I finally forced myself to buckle down and really learn a second timeshare system. Once I leaned to use the RCI system we were using it so much I started looking for something else to buy to get more points. That's when I found us a resale points week at Grandview at Las Veags, a different Vacation Village property, which gave us benefits we didn't have with our first resort in RCI.

Since they bought directly from Vacation Village at Parkway they may have the Vacation Village Plus program. That's something that doesn't come with resale and as far as I know doesn't transfer with resale either. That gives them additional benefits that they're likely missing out on.

I've mentored other people here on TUG helping them learn to use what they own through RCI. I'd be happy to help them too. If they're interested you're welcome to private message me and I'll give you my phone number to have them call me.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
This property has no relation to Sheraton Vistana. It doesn't sound like the Vistana Villages property. Vacation Village is not Vistana Villages.
I fixed my statement: I should have said it differently. I know Sheraton Vistana is different from this resort. The resort is at Vacation Villages at Parkway.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they own a week that gives them points in RCI or is it a week they would have to deposit to trade to stay at a different resort? If it's points then how many points do they get every year or every other year? Do they even really understand what they have?

It's a shame to walk away from what they spent. I can pretty much guarantee they are overwhelmed trying to learn the RCI system or may not even know where to start. We owned at our first resort in RCI for a couple of years and had points we couldn't extend again before I finally forced myself to buckle down and really learn a second timeshare system. Once I leaned to use the RCI system we were using it so much I started looking for something else to buy to get more points. That's when I found us a resale points week at Grandview at Las Veags, a different Vacation Village property, which gave us benefits we didn't have with our first resort in RCI.

Since they bought directly from Vacation Village at Parkway they may have the Vacation Village Plus program. That's something that doesn't come with resale and as far as I know doesn't transfer with resale either. That gives them additional benefits that they're likely missing out on.

I've mentored other people here on TUG helping them learn to use what they own through RCI. I'd be happy to help them too. If they're interested you're welcome to private message me and I'll give you my phone number to have them call me.

Yes, she does get RCI points.
I'm meeting up with her later today to go over her paperwork.
Yes they bought direct .
She told me last night she just wants to get rid of it.
Nothing is owed, no mortgage, maintenance fees up to date. She going to list it for $0 and she'll pay closing costs and transfer fees.
She just doesn't want it.
I believe because it's a mistake she made and having it reminds her of it.
We've all been there, done that.
But helping others, helps them feel like their not alone.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do have couple of questions for those of you that own with this timshare
1) Can the RCI points be canceled with this account prior to selling?
2) Do the points transfer to new owner, but no benefits (like it does with Disney on a Resale)
3) What does VV charge for transfer?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Yes, she does get RCI points.
I'm meeting up with her later today to go over her paperwork.
Yes they bought direct .
She told me last night she just wants to get rid of it.
Nothing is owed, no mortgage, maintenance fees up to date. She going to list it for $0 and she'll pay closing costs and transfer fees.
She just doesn't want it.
I believe because it's a mistake she made and having it reminds her of it.
We've all been there, done that.
But helping others, helps them feel like their not alone.

Not many people who bought from a developer haven't had those feelings at some point. Not learning everything she can about using what she has and giving using it an informed try would be the only real mistake because she really does have something worth having.

That she's ready to walk away already and lose what she's spent tells me how little she knows about what she has and how to use it. She's already paid the 2021 maintenance fees so she can easily give it another six months to let me help her learn and experience using what she has to give it a fair chance. If at that time she still doesn't want to keep it then there's still plenty of time to transfer it to someone else before January 1, 2022 when the maintenance fees are due again.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
We all have that friend, lol! I'm wondering if this is what's going through your head? That she's an idiot who's never going to be able to handle learning to own and use any timeshare.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
she really does have something worth having...let me help her learn and experience using what she has to give it a fair chance.
I will second this. Points ownership at this resort usually is a very good value, and might lead to many years of great (and affordable!) vacations. Jan's offer is very generous---she has probably forgotten more about timeshares than I will ever know! See if you can't convince your friend to at least talk to Jan about what might be possible. If you can't, you can't, but it is worth a try.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I do have couple of questions for those of you that own with this timshare
1) Can the RCI points be canceled with this account prior to selling?
2) Do the points transfer to new owner, but no benefits (like it does with Disney on a Resale)
3) What does VV charge for transfer?
Do not cancel any points before selling. Being in RCI points Is probably the only saving grace to the ownership. Take @Jan M. offer to learn about the ownership. They can get a few good years of use out of it. Jan along with many others on TUG has helped me so much that I felt comfortable buying into the RCI Points system resale. They should learn how to use it and book many other destinations other than Orlando.

How many points are associated with the ownership?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I looked through my emails and the date they responded to my inquiry was 9/9/2020.
This was the response:
The resort does not take the units back. If you wish to no longer be an owner, you would need to sell/give it away to another individual. You can use a real estate agent/broker (we do not provide recommendations) or do it privately (newspaper, eBay) as a few examples and have a new deed recorded (usually any attorney or title company can assist you with this) transferring the ownership out of your name. You are still responsible for any fees due until we receive a copy of a new recorded deed, and a $250.00 resort transfer fee. All fees must be current on the account and no mortgage on the property.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Vacation Village is not just one Timeshare they have many affiliated resorts in their association. We have stayed at Vacation Village in Weston, Fl many times and they have a resort in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. I suggest going to their website. See what options they have before giving away the timeshare

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Vacation Village is not just one Timeshare they have many affiliated resorts in their association. We have stayed at Vacation Village in Weston, Fl many times and they have a resort in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. I suggest going to their website. See what options they have before giving away the timeshare

Yes, I agree. I would turn the mistake into a learning experience. Vacation Village has a bunch (+20?) resorts and affiliated resorts. We own in Pigeon Forge and have 77K RCI points that we can use anywhere and with careful planning always get 3-5 weeks from them. We were given a list of their resorts and affiliated resorts when we got ours. Another bonus is that when exchanging through VV you get a special telephone number within RCI to call and you get a reduced exchange rate when exchanging into another VV resort. We have probably been to most of their resorts from Massachusetts down to south Florida.

~Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.