• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Helped save $31,000 for newbie timeshare buyers

booklvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just finished a fabulous stay at our timeshare in Marriott Newport Beach. I attended one of the many activities there and met a couple who told me they were thinking of buying. They had been to a presentation the day before and we're quoted $31,000 USD for 10 days of points.

They wanted to know if I was happy being an owner and if that price was worthwhile. I immediately said no and told them about TUG. I gave them the info for this site and explained about buying resale instead of from the developer. I purchased at this resort 2 years ago from a TUG member for $5,000. A big difference from the price this couple intended to spend.

Hopefully they will become members here and take advantage of the many timeshare experts in this forum. They were so happy about this information and said they'd have been devastated if they had purchased and then discovered resales afterwards.

Yay for TUG members! This is a fantastic forum that has helped me many times.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Yay for TUG members! This is a fantastic forum that has helped me many times.
That's great that you spoke up and that they listened to you! I agree with you that TUG is a fantastic place because of all the really great people here.:cheer:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
outstanding, bet like you they never forget how someone saved them so much on their purchase! and heres to hoping they pass that knowledge along a few years down the road to another couple just like them!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, thanks for sharing your knowledge with a strange about timeshare resell and the TUG website.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Love me some TUG!!!
GomHp.gif