• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I have been tomesharing since 1998 and have never had a "bad" experience. I booked a week at the Topsider Resort in the Keys. Some of my family flew in and I was planning on driving over and meeting them. They just called me and said how dirty and horrible the unit is!! They said they can't even stay there. Fortunately I live 3 hours away and they can just come and stay with me. Interval international is closed and won't open until tomorrow. I am not sure what to do! Can I possibly get a replacement week from II?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
II can give you a replacement week .. if your family members documented the poor conditions (with pictures) and did a nice rant on the resort's front desk (and got names). While it is unlikely with this being Easter for II to find another unit in the Keys, there may be units in Ft Lauderdale area. Might be better than everyone camping with you.

Larger II resorts in Fort Lauderdale include Marriott Beachplace and Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.

Good luck .. this is a late Easter season ... Spring Break is mostly over.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worse case, maybe they will give you back your deposit and/or your exchange fee. I'd definitely try them first thing tomorrow.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you relatives talk to the front desk? Did they document what they consider dirty? I think this is what you will need to work with II for a replacement week.

I wouldn't go into old...needs updating. The pics that II offers pretty much show that. Looks like the TV in the pics is about 15 years old.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck .. this is a late Easter season ... Spring Break is mostly over.

This is a tough week. Florida Spring break is over for the public schools but schools like all of NYC are off this week and many of them come to Florida. This is a Disney blackout week. Massive crowds.

Even though an exchange may not be available II has the ability to work directly with a resort and book a week. They don't like to but if pushed they can do it. What will most likely happen is they will communicate with Topsider and get the room clean. I have a feeling that the issue wasn't just dirt or it seems it could have been rectified.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I have been tomesharing since 1998 and have never had a "bad" experience. I booked a week at the Topsider Resort in the Keys. Some of my family flew in and I was planning on driving over and meeting them. They just called me and said how dirty and horrible the unit is!! They said they can't even stay there. Fortunately I live 3 hours away and they can just come and stay with me. Interval international is closed and won't open until tomorrow. I am not sure what to do! Can I possibly get a replacement week from II?

I wanted to follow up. So after the frantic phone call my relatives decided to stay. I told them that if they stayed that I was not going to complain. I decided to travel over there as planned. The resort is definitely not a Marriott and the unit was pretty dirty. After doing a little cleaning of our own it was comfortable and like staying in an old beach bungalow. I sort of fell in love with the place. It will really be a gem once they get repairs made and the place updated a little. It is a great place to relax, read a book and do a little fishing. I saw a shark from my beach chair and a manatee off the dock. There is a great path out front for jogging, bike riding and walking.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this post seems to mirror the TUG reviews of the place...notsomuch "dirty"...but very run down and in need of repairs.

glad you decided to make lemonade out of lemons....sounds like once folks got over the fact it wasnt going to be like staying in a marriott...they enjoyed a nice relaxing vacation!